Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

wedding coordinator yay or nah

I am getting married 11/11/11 in Vegas. I contacted a wedding coordinator  they wanted me to have a wedding out of my price range and told me what I was wanting for the price I had in mind couldn't be done. SO, I have done everything myself, booked all vendors, bought all decor, dress, every last detail done AND I am having the exact wedding she said I couldn't do for that price. PROBLEM: I am starting to worry that everything won't go as planned and kinda fall apart, and I will stress about time the entire night. My family said that they will help with all the setting up, keeping things flowing, and make sure everything I want is done. But I am still worried (I'm a tad OCD maybe). I have looked into hiring a wedding planner for the day of only. But is it really worth the money since I have done everything else? Any thoughts? Should I just break down and hire one or keep on trucking?

Thanks Ashlea

Re: wedding coordinator yay or nah

• Options
    wallacjewallacje member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    First thing, CONGRATULATIONS on your upcoming wedding!!!

If you have everything planned keep going and save your money.

The majority of us on here planned our own weddings, which included everything that you've done already, yes it's stressful but it was all worth it in the end. 

What company were you thinking of going with?

Scheme events is really good and you can hire them by the hour or for the full day.  There are brides on here that have used them too.

HTH
  • Options
    jccswljccswl member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We planned and DIY most everything in our wedding. The one thing I didn't want to do was to stress or delegate the day of, so it was soooooooooo worth the money to have the day of coordinator to make sure everything was in place. Andrea (DOC) was so good, she knew all the vendors, she also met with me to do a timeline and she made sure everything was in place. I was so lucky to have her, but she worked with the decor place I used.  Scheme Events has had great reviews and has great prices. Good Luck and Congrats.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We hired Scheme; I can't imagine having not had a day-of coordinator.  On wedding day only things I had to worry about were getting my groomsmen to wake up, finding baseball on TV and getting ice for our beer.

Married in Vegas - June 2011

• Options
    copperdeancopperdean member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks guys. We are getting married at the palms poolside then moving up to the crib suite. They recommended Brit Bertino. Simply Brit is what the company is called. I'm just worried of getting everything set up at the ceremony and the reception and moving everything ourselves. I hate to make our family fly to Vegas just to work our wedding. I'm going to research some of the places y'all recommended also. Thanks.
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If anyone doesn't mind answering how much does scheme events usually charge for day of coordination?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We paid $950, they handled vendor coordination in the week leading up to the wedding and had two people on site day of for what I think ended up being at least 10 hours.  They worked really hard for us..

Married in Vegas - June 2011

• Options
    goodtobekinggoodtobeking member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I'm so excited to hear for your wedding day and to hear your reviews fellow Palms bride! :)

I went ahead and hired Brit with Simply Weddings... I picked her DIY package where it's mostly me setting up the big stuff and all the little decor details we are making ourselves.  Brit has been great with email and phone consulting... has good vendor reccomendations which actually is saving me HUGE ina few areas where I thought I was going to have to compromise but ended up getting what I want for LESS! :)

She and her staff will help with as much of the planning as you would like... personally we are DIYing a lot of the ceremony decor that can be transferred over to reception... but my main concern being an out of towner is that there is someone the day of ready to put everything into action, and I am convinced that Brit is going to deliever what we are planning.  I also wanted help creating a day of timeline, which is part of their service and pretty detailed... which I want a solid backbone for the day to follow so that is great.

Do your research but so far Brit has been wonderful for us! has hourly day of rates as well... we wanted to go "anti-flowers" and scheme almost had a heart attack on us! :) super nice group too though and only positive reviews I've seen... but i didnt want to get talked into something we really didnt want....

Good luck! So close! How exciting!

• Options
    simoniksimonik member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    How much does she charge? In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_wedding-coordinator-yay-nah?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:91Discussion:18b548b4-72a3-4e8c-be0d-68c0d3cc41a3Post:4700428b-4c9d-45bd-8097-74322326d1c9">Re: wedding coordinator yay or nah</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm so excited to hear for your wedding day and to hear your reviews fellow Palms bride! :) I went ahead and hired Brit with Simply Weddings... I picked her DIY package where it's mostly me setting up the big stuff and all the little decor details we are making ourselves.  Brit has been great with email and phone consulting... has good vendor reccomendations which actually is saving me HUGE ina few areas where I thought I was going to have to compromise but ended up getting what I want for LESS! :) She and her staff will help with as much of the planning as you would like... personally we are DIYing a lot of the ceremony decor that can be transferred over to reception... but my main concern being an out of towner is that there is someone the day of ready to put everything into action, and I am convinced that Brit is going to deliever what we are planning.  I also wanted help creating a day of timeline, which is part of their service and pretty detailed... which I want a solid backbone for the day to follow so that is great. Do your research but so far Brit has been wonderful for us! has hourly day of rates as well... we wanted to go "anti-flowers" and scheme almost had a heart attack on us! :) super nice group too though and only positive reviews I've seen... but i didnt want to get talked into something we really didnt want.... Good luck! So close! How exciting!
    Posted by goodtobeking[/QUOTE]
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

Follow Me on Pinterest

• Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Well thank you guys. Good to be king good luck on you wedding at the Palms! Wendy at the Palms has been such a help. I think I'm going to go ahead an hire Brit's team for the day of. I'd rather be safe than sorry I think.
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

"DIY Service Flat Rate of $2,100.00

·         5 Hours of Pre Consulting and vendor referrals.

·         6 Hours of onsite wedding coordination

·         1 – On-site Wedding Coordinator

·         Rehearsal and Day of Coordination

·         A detailed Day of Timeline

·         Emergency Contact List

·         Vendor List

I (Brit) can certainly customize this to better fit your needs. Sometimes our couples choose the DIY service and then add on a couple day of coordination hours, though it all depends on how intricate your wedding elements are. "

DAY OF COORDINATION RATES$245.00 an Hour2- On-site Wedding Coordinators1- Personal AttendantRehearsal and Day of CoordinationA Detailed Day of TimeLineEmergency Contact ListVendor Contact List
    $200.00 an Hour
    1 - On-site Wedding Coordinators1- Personal AttendantRehearsal and Day of CoordinationA Detailed Day of TimeLineEmergency Contact ListVendor Contact List
    $150.00 an Hour
    1 - On-site Wedding CoordinatorRehearsal and Day of CoordinationA Detailed Day of TimeLineEmergency Contact ListVendor Contact List

Sorry that came out weird from my copy/paste.  ANY questions feel free to get in contact with Brit... I would contact her before you write her off based on pricing....! she is super easy going and quick to get back to all my questions, no matter how small/mundane they may have seemed...

and before I signed anything I made sure she understood that I want someone who is going to jump right in and "get down and dirty" making sure the day looks and runs exactly as we want... ie:  I'm providing the decor, i need the coordinator to set it up day of... tying ribbons on chairbacks, rolling out aisle runners, making sure my signature welcome toast drinks are being made and timed correctly...she even offered up some personal help with the music i'm doing (cds/ipod) for ceremony/reception... I may have someone else (family friend or hire dj/mc) do it but its nice to know it will get done regardless!

Hope that helps!
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Thank you.
    I knew how much she was, pricinig was not a problem. Sorry if that is how that came off. It was more what all do I really need type deal. i never researched other people. lol. Wendy had just recommended her so that is what we went with. I, like yourself just need her to set up really. I have everything for the reception ie: dances, cake cutting, and such taken care of.  I sent in my contract this afternoon and she is booked.

Thank you everyone for your help! It relieved alot of un needed stress.

Good to be king- IDK when your wedding is but if you need any help with anything feel free to ask. I will keep you in mind on 11/11/11. :D

• Options
    justine043justine043 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_wedding-coordinator-yay-nah?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:91Discussion:18b548b4-72a3-4e8c-be0d-68c0d3cc41a3Post:911472a8-2f00-4fa9-8988-cdca09fc43a6">Re: wedding coordinator yay or nah</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thank you. I knew how much she was, pricinig was not a problem. Sorry if that is how that came off. It was more what all do I really need type deal. i never researched other people. lol. Wendy had just recommended her so that is what we went with. I, like yourself just need her to set up really. I have everything for the reception ie: dances, cake cutting, and such taken care of. <strong> I sent in my contract this afternoon and she is booked.</strong> Thank you everyone for your help! It relieved alot of un needed stress. Good to be king- IDK when your wedding is but if you need any help with anything feel free to ask. I will keep you in mind on 11/11/11. :D
    Posted by copperdean[/QUOTE]

i am in a spot kind of like yourself--planning everything, just need someone to meet the vendors for the reception and maybe stay a bit to move things along smoothly.  do you mind me asking what did you go with with Brit...that 150/hr deal? will she only set up and leave or can you pay for X amount of hours and she just does what you need during that time? Thanks so much and congrats on getting everything done!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yeah Simonik asked for charges... I'll def be thinking of you!!! Don't see too many weddings at our site so it makes it a little nerve-racking/interesting to see how things come together! So far so good! ESP if you DIY'd most of it then all they really have to do it bring it to life! Will def be keeping an eye out for pics and reviews!!!! You have to be getting so excited!!!
  • Options
    mizutamababymizutamababy member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats!  I hope you'll post pics of your DIY!

We had Scheme for 3 hours, but other than setting up the reception they were horrible with taking care of our stuff/contacting vendors/etc. so I can't really recommend them.  However, I will say that I've never seen a bad review of them besides ours and the reception did look nice.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I used Scheme and they were great. We were very clear about what we needed them to do, and they were super helpful. We worked with Traci at Scheme and I cannot reccommed her/Scheme enough.

We planned everything ourselved and in the weeks prior to the wedding, started to hand everything off to her. I wouldn't have had the wedding of my of my dreams without her. We picked Day Of package, I think.
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sorry it took me so long! I'm bad about checking this thing :). We used Brit the day of $150x however hours you need her. Which we did 3hrs. Since our main concern was setting up the ceremony and then since we are bringing our own LED lights we want them moved up stairs and then everything set up for te reception. After that we got it. The Dj is keeping the flow of te dances on schedule and of he messes up my aunt is keeping tabs on that. Yes, you can hire them for what you need. I don't know you wedding date but we booked her last coordinator for 11/11/11. Hope everything goes well for you guys! GL! And congrats!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    That's awesome - good for you taking control!!! Weddng coordinators told me the same things, but here I am making it happen. It feels as if they're out for the money rather than caring for your needs (thats how they treated me) but I think if you have the money for it, it would be worth getting a day-of coordinator :)

When planning this wedding on my own, it gave me a compassion for other brides that do the same. It almost makes me want to start my own coordination specifying on DIY and low budget weddings and turning them into something as beautiful and as memorable than any other high-budgeted wedding.

I think anything is possible if you network well, and have the time to bargain.

3 weeks away, congratulations!!!!!!! :D

At the end of the day, rather you have someone coordinating it or not, what matters is the fact that you two are getting married, and people have the honor to witness and be a part of it.  May sound cliche, but it's so true.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Scheme was awesome for me! Loved loved loved them.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards