Nevada-Las Vegas

Reviews Cont.

Chapel: Mandalay Bay The Wedding Chapel: C

We get to the chapel early because after several emails, we were warned to be on time. Upon walking in we find out a different wedding coordinator will be helping us other than the coordinator I had been emailing back and forth. I was pretty low key with details but when handing the new coordinator our cd with our final song, she had no idea what was going on so we had to explain the whole thing to her.

Waiting...waiting...ceremony is supposed to start at 5:00 and it was 4:55. Our guests are seated with no music playing because the pianist and officiant were still at another ceremony. We were told to wait in the bridal/groom room and someone would come in and tell us what to do. I stopped looking at the time at that point. Several minutes later (it had to be after 5:00) the officiant came in to talk to us and we still had no clue what to do or where to walk or stand. We had not been given any directions and I was getting a bit nervous. Finally the wedding coordinator had me stand in the hallway seconds before I was supposed to walk down the aisle and told me what to do.

I wasn't happy that THEY were running late, didn't play music before the ceremony, and rushed us.

Side note: Our officiant (Rev. Adam D) was great! He was very easy going and I enjoyed his speech and Love poem he said. I was glad he wasn't too serious or stuffy.

Chapel Photography: Cashman: C

I did like walking into the photography appointment and seeing several framed pictures of us and the ceremony displayed at the desk. I wasn't expecting that when I walked in! I cried when the side-show of photos played because the ceremony went by so quick - it was nice to relive it!

After reading about Cashman on the knot, I had very low expectations. I was shocked to see some decent pictures in the pile. I was able to pick out 26 shots for my package. But there were a lot of not so great pictures we immediately said no to. Off centered, random heads in the background, and horrible shots of the guests sitting in the chapel. I wasn't heartbroken though having hired our own photographer, Heidi Ryder. She was our guest at the chapel :) and was shooting pictures all night. I knew I had other options beside Cashman so we picked our package out and went on our merry (married!) little way parting with no additional pictures.

Tip: I highly recommend hiring your own photographer to take group shots after the ceremony and any other events you hold afterward. I highly recommend Heidi Ryder too! (http://heidiryder.com/)

Transportation:

Presidential Limos: A

On time and clean. The driver was nice and apologized when he couldn't pick us up at the Cosmopolitan because he was unfamiliar with the newly opened hotel. My fiance was a little upset at that point but the driver smoothed it over and we continued to have a great time stopping along the strip and heading to the Neon Museum. He went along the Neon Museum tour/shoot because he was intrigued about the place. I think him entertaining the director was to our benefit - the director loosened up and wasn't ready to rush us out at the end of our hour shoot. I would use this company again!

Double Decker Bus Company: C

It was cold and drizzling as we boarded the bus so we really couldn't sit on top. We tried to venture up there for a few minutes until we froze. Since it was raining, the sound system shorted out and we weren't able to play our ipod. (My fiance  spent hours creating a special Vegas playlist and was disappointed). I was worried about the bus not showing up or breaking down after reading several negative reviews here recently. They were on time and the bus worked! There was a strong smell of fumes though and I was a bit worried my dress would get dirty from the looks of the bus. The driver really didn't say much along the tour down the strip or to Freemont street. Not sure if it is because the sound system was down but we made our own entertainment. I had higher expectations for the bus tour but was glad we got to dinner on time.

Photographer: Heidi Ryder: A++

I found Heidi because I googled "Neon Graveyard wedding photos." She was easy to work with from the very beginning and very accommodating! Heidi lives in Los Angeles and was happy to travel to Vegas. Upon meeting her in Vegas, I was very comfortable with her and her sidekick, assistant, and husband Chris.

She took photos before and after the ceremony of us and all our guests. We had a day after photo shoot at the Neon Museum. A few days after returning home from Vegas, the proof gallery was in my email inbox and I am in love! I knew her pictures were awesome but I am speechless...we have so many great photos and I know our guests are going to love them as well! I cannot say enough good things about Heidi - she's a great photographer and person!

Neon Museum: A

http://www.neonmuseum.org/

The director was a little strange at first but turned out to be ok as the shoot went out. He seemed very protective of the museum (which I can understand). After visiting Vegas several times, it was very interesting to tour the museum and see all the old signs. I would like to return again and get a tour! Our photo shoot was a success thanks to Heidi :)

Reception Dinner: Lago Buffet at Caesars Palace: A+

Great food!!!! Not your typical buffet. We ate there before and knew this was the place to have a casual dinner. The staff and chef were very accommodating to our group of 30. They went out of their way to make sure everyone was happy while they had a restaurant full of other people. Our guests LOVED the food. We even went back for dinner there the next night!

Re: Reviews Cont.

• GribblesGribbles member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Great reviews, thanks! Shame about the chapel and Cashman -- I wonder if that was the same photographer that FormerlyMeowMeow had, cutting peoples heads off and the like.
    Heidi sounds geat and I am so gutted that we won't have time to do the Neon Graveyard shoot. :(

Congratulations!

www.mywedding.com/benandpetra
  • edited December 2011
    Congrats !Thanks for the great review.I can not wait to see pictures.
  • edited December 2011
    Congrats! 
    Do you know how much the fees were to have the photos at the neon graveyard?
  • edited December 2011
    The fee for The Neon Museum was $250. That's for one hour.
  • edited December 2011
    Congratulations! I hope you don't mind me asking, but did the Lago Buffet just charge you by the head for your reception? We're considering the Lago Buffet for our reception too!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Yes we called ahead of time and told them we were bring a party of 30 people in and at what time. They charged per person and a gratuity fee. The food was awesome - everyone was surprised it was a buffet!
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks! and congrats again!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards