Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

VENT-Why is it that....

people are posting and it's their 2nd post?  Seriously if you are on TK for advice, reviews, inspiration, etc you have only 2 posts.  AND they are vendor reviews...REALLY?

Thanks for letting me vent
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: VENT-Why is it that....

• Options
    edited December 2011
    It can be suspicious, but sometimes people are shy and don't post a lot. They lurk and get advice and don't ever have a question that hasn't already been answered. But sometimes they're a vendor or someone who works for said vendor. That's not allowed on the knot.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    It does get soo annoying!!

And the irony is that these self-promoting posts just make the vendor look bad. Like Mindy Bean...I would never consider her just beacuse of the crap on here, but she does do very nice work. Maybe these "brides" need to worry a little more about booking REAL weddings and getting REAL reviews on here, and a little less time talking themselves up.

I wonder how long it will take before they realize these posts are not bringing in any more clients?

Also, the though crossed my mind that maybe these are PR firms? "You pay me to write great reviews of your work on wedding boards"...hmm, I hope these vendors are not paying for these advertisements
    ......if they are, Ive got a great bridge for sale in San Francisco Wink
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I know they can be shy, but just very odd to me.  I had called CP about Imagine and then a posts comes up with a raving review.  If they are in fact real brides then I can't wait to see pictures, if they are wililng to share.  Anyhow just wanted to vent a lil.  lol

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    It is ok to vent.... Somehow it feels good. I would post pictures on here but I'm not by any means computer savvy! Lol ;) So all I can do is write reviews. Which I don't have many yet but will in less than a month. CP's review is getting pretty low already! I hope they shape up in the next couple wks!
  • Options
    lindsA2010lindsA2010 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I'm one of those - 'All questions have been answered so didn't feel the need to post' brides - please don't take offence! Just got worried this morning when i saw the CP photographer reviews - i paid for the extra CD of photos because i thought i'd regret it is i didn't have all the photos of the actual ceremony, and now i'm thinking i should have saved the money and put it elsewhere.  So yes- i've been lurking, and no i'm not a vendor. But i honestly thought the same about two recent posts.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Yea...I have a bunch of posts but someone still asked me if I was a vendor 2 days ago. Lol
    *MyBio-> 07.05.2012* UPDATED: 06/08* Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    @junebug, I actually met Mindy Bean when we were searching for photographers, she was not our style, but she was really nice. Maybe I don't lurk enough, but I have never seen anything about her on here.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_vent-5?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:91Discussion:20b64060-e28a-49a3-8b2e-1610c2c68758Post:4ed2665e-d5b0-4c75-963b-53b6d8f32bc3">Re: VENT-Why is it that....</a>:
    [QUOTE]@junebug, I actually met Mindy Bean when we were searching for photographers, she was not our style, but she was really nice. Maybe I don't lurk enough, but I have never seen anything about her on here.
    Posted by theanglfac[/QUOTE]

It has really died down but last year seemed like every few weeks there would be a post about how great she was, yada yada. It was always by someone with like 1 or 2 posts.  Definitely didn't make her look good.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    aerinpegadrakaerinpegadrak member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It's really off-putting when a vendor posts here.  Shortly after I booked Francesca, she made a spam post and I was really shocked.  She did a great job and was a total doll, but even with all the troubles I had finding a MUA I could afford, I probably wouldn't have booked her if I hadn't already.
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards