Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

What day of the week was/is your ceremony?

Happy Saturday, everyone :)

What day of the week was/is your ceremony?  If you did a weeknight (Sun-Thurs), did anyone complain or not come because of work?

We're currently booked on a Saturday night, but could save a LOT of money by doing an in-suite ceremony Sun-Thurs... tempting.  Plus, our guests would save on hotel, too, if they come in Sunday and leave Tues/Wed. 

Re: What day of the week was/is your ceremony?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Mine is Saturday May 21,2011 ;-)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Mine is Saturday. When we first were gonna go to Mexico and get married we were gonna do it on a Thursday because everyone was already gonna be there since its a longer trip then Vegas. 
    BabyName Ticker image BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    smokeybaileysmokeybailey member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Mine is Saturday but my sister's was 1:30 in the afternoon on a Tuesday in Lake Tahoe.  The package was cheaper that way.  She had about 30 peple come out.
    Bi-oh-rama
    Now with more wedded bliss.

I don't get married often, but when I do, I do it in Las Vegas.

"Lvharpy could be your AE." - direy25
    "smokeybailey is the one shining beacon of light in this steaming turd of a thread." - daffodil_jill
    "The almighty smokeybailey has spoken." - some bitch on the Las Vegas board

• Options
    wallacjewallacje member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    Mine is Saturday June 11, 2011.  We never thought about doing it on a weekday, just our preference and we chose some of the cheaper hotels for room blocks. 

Do what you want to do, if people are planning on coming to your wedding they will come doesn't matter the day.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Tuesday! Getting married on the 7th was our top priority, together with doing it in Vegas. I haven't had any complaints about it being on a weekday, but in our field (performing arts) people's schedules are crazy anyways regardless. Saturday or Sunday wouldn't have made a difference, really.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thursday!
    *MyBio-> 07.05.2012* UPDATED: 06/08* Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    hstaples4hstaples4 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thursday! It's the day of the week that works best for us, we leave Saturday for our cruise but wanted to have one day of recovery/stress free day in vegas in between wedding and leaving. We're doing our bachelor/bachelorette parties Tuesday night so most of our guests are planning on being in Vegas the whole week.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic PersonalMilestone BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Sara191431Sara191431 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ours is on Fri.  I think if you do a Thurs. people could make that work easier than another weekday
  • Options
    justine043justine043 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    were planning on a saturday. we know its more expensive, but with everyone's schedules if they can only stay a few days at least they wont have to take off as many days for work. sunday would be our second option.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    direy25direy25 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ours is Friday. Most of our guests are staying Thurs - Sun.
    Married 5.6.11

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

• Options
    edited December 2011

Ours is on a Friday.

76 invited image 35 ready to partyimage 41 staying homeimageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ours is going to be on a Thursday. I haven't heard that anyone is complaining about the idea. Most of our guest are turning it into a vacation.
  • Options
    edited December 2011

I am getting married on Sunday May 29.2011.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Tuesday May 17th..
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Saturday, July 2, 2011

• Options
    bern0927bern0927 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are getting married on Sun May 22, but it happens to be a long weekend here in Canada so it worked out great. Guests already had a long weekend without having to book extra time off. I think you should do what you want. Like some of the other knotties have said, if they are going to come, they are going to come. You have to do what is best for you and fits your budget!
  • Options
    GribblesGribbles member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ours was a Tuesday too. Everyone who came to our wedding flew from the UK or Australia, so made a proper holiday of it, staying a week or so at least. Therefore, our day did not mean people had to take anymore time off.
    www.mywedding.com/benandpetra
  • Options
    kara811kara811 member
    edited December 2011
    Ours was on a Saturday. Granted I am local, but more than half our guests were OOT. It worked out much better for them that it's a weekend that way they won't have to miss work much.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Saturday - it gave guests the most options in dealing with their work schedule.
  • Options
    mizutamababymizutamababy member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Another Tuesday here!  Everyone is flying so it didn't really matter what day to them; we picked Tuesday because it fit the time we were both allowed to take off work.

If you're local, I think that  people probably wouldn't mind taking one day off if they knew it wasn't ending really late at night and that they would still be able to get home at a decent hour for work the next day.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Saturday. We are having ours during the Canadian Thankgiving long weekend so as to limit the amount of time our guests will need to take off work (Thanksgiving isn't a big holiday up here).
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Wednesday here........but agin everyone is flying in from o/s so it would work better than a weekend for direct flights to LAX.
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Mine is Friday. Most of our friends work in the service industry as do we, so whether we did Friday or Saturday we all would have to request off anyway. No one is complaining, if they dont want to come becuase of work thats fine, less money out of our pocket! :)

• Options
    edited December 2011
    The FI and I are getting married on a Saturday. We figure it would be easier for guests as far as work is concerned.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Mango9Mango9 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Friday here!  We are only having family and couple friends come for ours.  I figured since most of the people are pretty much flying across the country they will probably want to make a long weekend out of it.  I know my parents are going to stay with us after the wedding on the strip for a few days because it is going to be there first trip out to Vegas!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thursday May 5th here. And in all honesty it was what I wanted! If anybody complained then they didn't have to go! But most people will turn it into a mini vaca. As far as planning it was much better then if I had chose a Sat. Because I waited so long to book vendors.
  • Options
    direy25direy25 member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_day-of-week-wasis-ceremony?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:91Discussion:2193db1d-7958-40ba-9278-b7f22306bf50Post:dc17eeb2-892d-45e4-9a05-0018ed71429c">Re: What day of the week was/is your ceremony?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thursday May 5th here. And in all honesty it was what I wanted! If anybody complained then they didn't have to go! But most people will turn it into a mini vaca. As far as planning it was much better then if I had chose a Sat. Because I waited so long to book vendors.
    Posted by motochick25[/QUOTE]

Awww, 3 knottie weddings in a row! You on thurs, me fri and jkhoutz on sat!
    Married 5.6.11

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

• Options
    edited December 2011
    My birthday is May 5th :)

We got marrid on a Thursday. The date was special to us, it happened to fall on a Thursday, and it saved us a boatload on our ceremony package, photographer, and our guests saved a lot on airfare and hotels. Getting married on a non peak day worked well for us.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Im the only MONDAY I see :-)

FI, his mom, sister and brother are flying in next friday - I work sat. so flying in Sat night. Site seeing sun, meeting with photographer and WC and dinner Sunday night.

Wedding Monday at 7pm, party afterwards and his family leaves Tues afternoon.

We honeymoon until Thurs then I go home to San Diego, he goes back to his boat and starts his deployment :-(

ONE WEEK TO GO!!!!! WHOO HOOOO
  • Options
    TrevRussTrevRuss member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am getting married on Thursday December 15, 2011.  Probably just us two and that is the date set by the package so we are going with it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards