Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

Still looking for a hotel and chapel

My fiance and I will be eloping to Las Vegas in three weeks and still need to find a hotel and chapel. We will be arriving on Saturday, March 17th, getting married on the 18th, and driving home to Southern California on Wednesday, March 21st. My fiance has never been to Vegas and I haven't been in 20 years. We prefer to stay on the strip since we understand that the traffic is horrific. We've managed to narrow our choices to the following hotels:

Harrah's
Flamingo
Bally's
Monte Carlo
New York New York
MGM Grand
Mandalay Bay
Treasure Island
Tropicana
Bill's Gambling Hall

As for wedding chapels, we have managed to narrow it down to the following:

Chapel of the Flowers
Graceland Wedding Chapel
Little Chapel of the West
Little White Wedding Chapel
Wee Kirk O' the Heather

Which hotel and chapel would you recommend? Should we choose a regular chapel over a hotel chapel? Please share your suggestions and experiences ASAP as we need to make reservations quickly

Re: Still looking for a hotel and chapel

• Options
    I would choose Mandalay Bay for hotel and chapel or chapel of flowers. I do not have personal exp on either but based on pictures and recs here. Mandalay Bay is a very nice hotel and the newest from your list, it is at the end of the strip but taxi's are so cheap and convenient. Good luck
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    No feedback regarding chapels, but I would go with the following choices for hotel: 1) Mandalay Bay, 2) MGM Grand, 3) Monte Carlo, in that order.  Tropicana might be cheaper, though, and they just redid the hotel so it's looking pretty good these days.
  • Options
    Graceland Wedding Chapel is downtown so if you're wanting to stay on the strip probably not going to work out. Just a heads up.

I second CotF since I believe it's not far from the strip and their photography is very nice.  I think you'd find a better deal there than doing your ceremony at a strip hotel and hiring your own photographer and/or dealing with Cashman's.
  • Options
    Do you want the hotel to be high end for honeymooning?  Or just a place to sleep because you'll be out and about?

Of the ones you mentioned, I'd probably go with Mandalay from a honeymooning perspective since they offer some very nice rooms with awesome views, but they can get pricey and their resort fee sucks.  We had a SkyView suite for our honeymoon. 

From a best value, I'd probably go with Flamingo; their fab rooms are extremely recent remodels, no resort fee, great location on the strip; they just don't have anything at the higher end like Mandalay.

Of the chapels you mentioned, I'd go with Chapel of the Flowers only because we see frequent great reviews of them on here and don't hear about the others much.  I can't recall anything negative about any of them though so don't base your decision on that; I'd check them all out thoroughly.  Might want to look at Imperial Palace too for an on-the-strip chapel option that would be very close to some of the places you're looking at staying; they recently remodeled their chapel.  I wouldn't stay there though, just use the chapel.

Married in Vegas - June 2011

• Options
    We used COF and were very pleased with them.  Everyone was courteous and professional. Photographers did an amazing job.

Sorry, no help on the hotels. We stayed at a timeshare off strip.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards