Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

Wedding Nightmare

I know I have still have 9 months to go - but this week I had my first wedding nightmare :(

I dreamt that I was at the airport picking FI up a half hour before the ceremony and I suddenly realized that I never booked anyone to do my hair. Then, while I was upset about that, I realized my dress was see-through.

WTF?!

Anyone else get these?

Re: Wedding Nightmare

• Options
    mikkiwin8mikkiwin8 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I haven't had any since being engaged but in the past I've had several where it's the day of the wedding all of a sudden and I realize other people had taken over the plans including my mom picking out the most horrible dress! It's so funny cause it's not like my mom has bad taste or anything but the dreams were horrible lol
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I had one the other night. It was at the wedding, I still owed all the vendors the same balance I owe them now (even though I know balances are due 30 days before), so i was running around trying to find money but all I had was $60 in my wallet. I had to beg my mom to cut everyone a check. and I wasn't in my dress, I was in my Cubs sweatpants (I remember 'cause I put the $60 in my pocket so I could try to tip) and then the DJ kept playing the most inappropriate songs for our first dance. First "Just Like A Pill" then "I Used to Love Her"

I woke up shaking my head. It was ridiculous
  • Options
    MeatAuditorMeatAuditor member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just had my first last night too!  We forgot all the decorations at home, so FI drove the limo back home to get them, but told me to start eating dinner with everyone.  After dinner I somehow ended up at Sears for awhile, then back to the reception.  We had tons of little cakes and I couldn't get any of the coordinators to put the right cake in the right place.

I know none of that makes any sense.  Not to mention we're not planning on getting a limo or a DOC.  :)  But it felt real and stressful at the time, and I woke up feeling that way. 
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I had my first (and only so far) a few months ago.  I was getting married in northern Michigan (not LV) where my family vacations every summer and woke up late the day of the wedding.  I woke up after noon and still had no dress and the closest store was nearly an hour away.  Needless to say, I needed to find a dress, flowers, and have hair/makeup done in less than a couple hours. I can't believe the dreams started so early for me, but I think it coincided with my first time trying on wedding dresses.
    76 invited image 35 ready to partyimage 41 staying homeimageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I used to have nightmares that I walked down the aisle with wet hair, no makeup, and overall a hot mess.
  • Options
    kara811kara811 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Most women seem to get them, so you're not alone! I used to get them too but only for a little bit. They eventually stopped as the wedding came closer!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_wedding-nightmare?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:91Discussion:29598103-9927-4b8c-9dfe-d54fb6e8a8b0Post:5102d0e2-4530-4093-a781-ca5039c0d9ce">Re: Wedding Nightmare</a>:
    [QUOTE] then the DJ kept playing the most inappropriate songs for our first dance. First "Just Like A Pill" then "I Used to Love Her" I woke up shaking my head. It was ridiculous
    Posted by LilMissScareAll[/QUOTE]

That really made me laugh

But I'm glad I'm not the only one. I thought I might have been losing my mind!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I have recently been having them.  One was that I decided to wear blue silk pajamas instead of my dress and no one culd talk me out of it. Another was it was the morning of the wedding and I just realized the hair/makeup girl never showed up the day before for the trial and I read through my emails and I found a cancellation email she sent weeks ago.  The other one was that the courthouse was closed due to a fire and I had no way to get a license and Caesars wouldn't marry us.  ugh.. I hope this means everything will turn out perfect.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards