North Carolina

Hair and Make Up Help!

Does anyone have any recommendations for someone who does hair and make up in the Raleigh area and comes to you?

I don't want to spend above $250 for me or $150 for my bridesmaids.

Thanks!!!

Re: Hair and Make Up Help!

• edited December 2011
    I know a great hair stylist, but she doesn't do make-up.  She used to work with Jenny Raele of Make-Up Art by Jenny, but Jenny moved to Florida.  Her name is Stephana MacDonald - 919-801-7235.  She works at Stylist Studios in N. Raleigh.  I'm sure she has other make-up artists that she's started working with.  For my wedding she charged $75 for me and $30-45 for the bridesmaids depending on what they wanted.  Stephana is fabulous!
  • edited December 2011
    Im using Margo Williams from Belloviso. She does a fantastic job! She is doing my makeup for 125 (includes trial) and makeup for my bms for $75. She comes to you and she is so awesome. She even does hair.

http://www.belloviso.com/index2.php
    Photobucket

• edited December 2011
    I think her name was Elizabeth...I'm not sure (hopefully Meredith will come read this)...but she did the makeup and hair for Meredith's wedding and she did a really nice job and it was $50 each for hair and makeup for the BMs. I'm not sure how much she charged Mere though. She's from Charlotte, but she traveled. The only problem was she was a little late, so I would tell her to get there a little early.

• edited December 2011
    I'm using Makeup For Your Day (hair and makeup) and Jennifer House is the artist :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • tarheelbabstarheelbabs member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I used Jennifer House at Makeup for Your Day.  If you want to check out some photos, feel free to look at my facebook page.  She did me and MOH's hair and makeup, and my Mom's makeup.  We all were very pleased.  She and the artist working with her, Rachelle, were very helpful and focused on doing what we wanted.  I had done a trial ahead of time with her, so it went very smoothly.

Here's the link: www.facebook.com/barbarajacksonnc" class="url">http://facebook.com/barbarajacksonnc

Please let me know if you have any questions.  barbara
  • edited December 2011
    "Im using Margo Williams from Belloviso. She does a fantastic job! She is doing my makeup for 125 (includes trial) and makeup for my bms for $75. She comes to you and she is so awesome. She even does hair."

I contacted her recently and he price defintely increased!  She's still charging $125 for make up only but not including trail - the trail is $150!  I'm an asian and I defintely want a trail.  I was planning to use her as everyone here raved about her, but not anymore.. :(
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards