North Carolina

Two Questions: Semstress & Bridal Show in January

Hi everyone! Hope you all had a great Christmas!

1. I need to find a semstress in or around Raleigh that they could recommend. Also, how long ahead of time does someone need the dress, I am getting married on May 7th, just wanting to get an idea :-)

2. Is anyone else going to the bridal show in January? The ticket is for two days, and so I got one ticket for my MOH and one for my mom. However, my mom can only go on one of the days, can someone else use her ticket one of the days? I was not sure how that worked.

Thanks so much!

Re: Two Questions: Semstress & Bridal Show in January

• edited December 2011
    I've heard amazing things about Olga in Raleigh but I'm not sure how soon she books up.

FI and I are planning on going to the Bridal Show as well.
  • NcsuPsychNcsuPsych member
    Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Olga is amazing and the board favorite. With that said, I *think* she's booked solid, so I'd give her a call immediately to schedule an appointment if she can fit you in. She's worth every cent too! Plus her pricing is amazingly reasonable.

If she can't get you, I know she's got a friend that probably can (can't remember her name).

-Im married thus no more bridal shows for me. Have fun!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    Olga is amazing!  But I believe pp is correct - I think she's booked through the entire summer!  But call her anyways just to make sure!

And, yes, my mom and one of my sister's and I are going to the Bridal Show.  I am not sure if you've been to one before - but I doubt you'll need or want to go to both days.  When my sister got married last year we went to the one in January and the one in April and you can get plenty of info in a couple hours!  HAVE FUN!
    June 2011 Siggy Challenge: Bridesmaid Dresses - but they will be in BLACK!
    imageimageWedding Countdown Ticker
    Planning Bio!
  • NcsuPsychNcsuPsych member
    Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    in reference to the bridal show. .if you haven't already. .

print out sticky labels with your name / address / phone number / email address (if you're wanting to give out this info). That way instead of killing your hand by constantly writing it all down you can just stick a sticker on the info cards. :o)

and I agree. . you probably don't need to go both days, unless you just dont get to all the vendors you'd like to go to. But have fun!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    I called Olga a few weeks ago and she told me she was booked through either May or June (I forget which), when I called about my April wedding.  You can always call and double check with her though!

She referred me to Larissa, who lives in Cary and you can reach at (919) 468-0336 (has the exact same accent has Olga!).  I have not been to my first fitting yet, as I have not made the move to Raleigh yet but if you do decide to go with her, I will fill you in once I go!

No input on bridal shows -- I had my fill here in Austin for inspiration and went to one in Charlotte this summer!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    April 2011 Siggy Challenge: Hair
  • philandstaciephilandstacie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Amanda keep me updated, I will call that person as well.
  • AbbeyS2011AbbeyS2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the reminder!  I forgot that there is a bridal show coming up, and I wanted to go with my MOH to at least one before my June wedding!
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    Stacie, I definately will.  My fitting is in about a week and a half!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    April 2011 Siggy Challenge: Hair
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards