Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

I feel like I'm missing something

FI and I are three and a half months away from the wedding. we have the following things done:
1. flight and hotel booked
2. ceremony location booked, deposit paid
3. reception location booked, first deposit paid
4. Photog booked, 50% paid
5. hair and makeup booked
6. invitations just arrived here (need to be assembled still)

To be honest, I don't think I've done much. I'm really afriad I'm missing something huge because the planning hasn't been that stressful at all.
I am going to contact Debbi at Fit For a Bride, but other than that--is there something I should be doing now that I have missed?

TIA, ladies!!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: I feel like I'm missing something

• Options
    jccswljccswl member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It looks about right. Are you gonna have a rehearsal dinner or a meet and greet? What about transportation?
  • Options
    atlcatloveratlcatlover member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

Are you having a DJ?

What about flowers - your bouquet, and BMs, flowers for the ceremony or reception?

Cake?

• Options
    aerinpegadrakaerinpegadrak member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Are you doing any additional stationery like programs?  Any other events like a meet and greet, rehearsal dinner, or post-wedding brunch?

There's not all that much to this whole wedding thing, really.  Sounds like you've got it handled.
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Like  areinpegdrak said...sounds like you have all of the major stuff taken care of..But depending what you are doing...Cake?DJ? Flowers? Meet & Greet ?

2011-2012 Races
    10/29/11 LA RockNRoll Min Half (5K) 42:58
    12/4/11 Vegas RockNRoll Half 3:14:53
    1/7/12 WDW Half 3:13:42
    1/15/12 RnR AZ 2:55:27 (PR!!)
    1/29/12 Tinkerbell 1/2 3:22:37 (To many picture stops!lol)
    Me:32 DH:33
    IFV w/ DE Only Option (On Hold For Now)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Are you having a videographer?  I would highly recommend having one - there was so much stuff I didn't see at my own wedding (the procession, the other members of the wedding entering the reception, etc), I'm really glad we decided to get a videographer.

Also, everything was such a blur while it's happening, I'm super happy to have the video!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
  • Options
    kikibabykikibaby member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Rach- Looks like you've got it covered (other than finding someone to marry at a bar when you get to town).
  • Options
    RachNRichRachNRich member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_feel-like-im-missing-something?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:91Discussion:398f2b19-bf52-400a-83dc-41f536b6faa1Post:601a877b-ac29-4651-bdf4-49880c14d0d3">Re: I feel like I'm missing something</a>:
    [QUOTE]Rach- Looks like you've got it covered (other than finding someone to marry at a bar when you get to town).
    Posted by kikibaby[/QUOTE]

Quit spillin the beans, Kiki.

We are having our sisters stand up for us--so I don't have to worry about bridesmaids, etc.

No decision on a DJ yet---I'm fine with an ipod reception. I think FI would rather have a DJ. But, he can plan that all on his own if he wants it.

I might do programs, but I'm not sure they are necessary.

As much as I feel like I have a solid grasp on things, I feel like I'm forgetting a something key to this wedding. It just seems like it has been too easy.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards