North Carolina
Options

Is it rude?

I am only having to bridesmaid's total for my wedding. Both live 3hrs away in opposite directions. I want to get both together to look for my dress but I don't know when that will be. Is it rude for me to take another friend (the photographer) with me to look? I don't want to hurt anyone's feelings but I'm on a tight budget and want to get an idea of what size dress I am looking for.
Pregnancy Ticker BabyName Ticker

Re: Is it rude?

• Options
    wlfpkbridewlfpkbride member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't think it's rude. Only one of mine went shopping with me. You can always offer for them to come if you want them there. If they can't make it, take a friend who can.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Agree with pp. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I don't think it's rude at all - this is something my Mom and I did without any bridesmaids. Take a friend/relative that will be most honest if you're asking their opinion.
  • Options
    LVCKLVCK member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I went shopping with my sister (MOH) and my mom. My other 4 bridesmaids live at least 3 hours away. I agree that you can plan it, invite them if you'd like, and don't need to have them there if it's not convenient for all. I'd be more worried when you look for the dresses they'll wear.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'd maybe let them know when/where you're going, but if they can't make it, going with a family member or another close friend is fine. 
    image Matt & Ashley 5.08.10
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I don't think it is rude!  I only plan on taking one with me when I finally stop procrastinating!

Leigh Anne & Billy
    *October 2nd, 2010*
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    It's totally not rude!  I really wanted the experience to just be between my mom and I, so I didn't have any of my bridesmaids with me.  You can always extend the invitation, but don't feel obligated to or funny if they reject.  They're your friends and will understand how important it is for you to start the search for such an important gown!!! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards