Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

Bridesmaids

I don't know if it's because it's Vegas....but it's hard for me to choose my 3rd bridesmaid i have some great canidates but because I am worried about their significant other being alone during bridesmaids duties I can't decide... And I am scared of rejection haha. I myself have never been a bridesmaid, I don't know what it's like.... My first 2 were easy to pick, my moh was picked out and asked before I was dating my fiancé, (and shes single) and his sister is the other. (she's newly divorced) Anyone else have this reason for picking your bridesmaid?

Re: Bridesmaids

• Options
    When we were planning our wedding locally we decided that we would just have our closest friends, and they would walk with their SO, since we're all friends anyway [not necessarily the closest of friends, but it worked..]  Now that we're planning a Vegas wedding, I think we decided to do without a bridal party, simply because most of them won't be able to make the trip, and I feel weird about someone I'm not that close with standing next to me without my actual MOH..

Are you close enough to anyone's SO to ask both together?  I wouldn't worry too much about having an SO be alone, there will be other friends around right??  Plus, it's Vegas, no one is ever truly alone!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I have my BF and brother on my side (my honor guard) and FI has his brother on his... Short and sweet for our destination wedding. No sense in asking couples to travel $ and then break them up cuz their SO isn't in bridal party... IMO... If I picked all the gals i really wanted to stand with me, I'd have a baseball lineup! :) but having them as guests on your day is an honor and supportive as well! Party on Garth! :) good luck!
  • Options
    When I posted this I was really feeling a crunch to ask...only 64 days away and I asked my 1st pick and she's more then honore. I was worried for nothing
  • Options
    You don't have to have even sides....

Married in Vegas - June 2011

• Options
    edited February 2012
    just leave it as it is, you'll be fine.  It doesn't have to be even.  I have 2 BM's and 1 doesn't know if she'll be able to make the trip to Vegas.  I told her if she couldn't make it that's fine and I'll only have my MOH and FI will have his best man and  GM.
  • Options
    Ditto PP - you don't need to have even sides. 

We're only having one person on each side.

What do you mean "being alone during bridesmaid duties"?  Like... the 15 minutes that they're standing up for you during your ceremony? 
  • Options
    I'm having my 3 best friends as bridesmaides, I didn't choose a MOH because I didn't need the stress of figuring out which one I'd want or the stress of pissing anyone off.  My FI however is currently in a fight with his best friend so he will at this point only have 1 groomsman/best man.  So it will be a little uneven but I didn't want to have to even it out using my brothers for his groomsman because then I'd have to have his sister as my bridesmaid and she's kind of b**ch and would take control of everything.  so we're just keeping it uneven and two of the bridesmaids will just walk down the aisle afterwards together.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_bridesmaids?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:91Discussion:444dbb30-add0-4455-8fe4-105ff0dd9eafPost:eedb0c7d-10f4-4d2a-9d97-c273345e28d5">Re: Bridesmaids</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm having my 3 best friends as bridesmaides, I didn't choose a MOH because I didn't need the stress of figuring out which one I'd want or the stress of pissing anyone off.  My FI however is currently in a fight with his best friend so he will at this point only have 1 groomsman/best man.  So it will be a little uneven but I didn't want to have to even it out using my brothers for his groomsman because then I'd have to have his sister as my bridesmaid and she's kind of b**ch and would take control of everything.  so we're just keeping it uneven and two of the bridesmaids will just walk down the aisle afterwards together.
    Posted by udream05[/QUOTE]

Not related to the OP, just wanted to say I went through the same thing.. We were going to have FI's brother and his wife, but his sister flipped out because she wasn't in it.. We didn't pick her for the same reasons you're not picking his sister!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_bridesmaids?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:91Discussion:444dbb30-add0-4455-8fe4-105ff0dd9eafPost:bdf51cb3-bc8a-4e9a-b5c3-c3d89ba7f90f">Bridesmaids</a>:
    [QUOTE]I don't know if it's because it's Vegas....but it's hard for me to choose my 3rd bridesmaid<strong> i have some great canidates but because I am worried about their significant other being alone during bridesmaids duties I can't decide...</strong> And I am scared of rejection haha. I myself have never been a bridesmaid, I don't know what it's like.... My first 2 were easy to pick, my moh was picked out and asked before I was dating my fiancé, (and shes single) and his sister is the other. (she's newly divorced) Anyone else have this reason for picking your bridesmaid?
    Posted by xtanne12386[/QUOTE]

Is there a reason why you're unable to only have two BMs?

And there are no BM duties other than standing next to you while you recite your vows and smiling pretty for the pictures. The wedding will take all of 10 minutes. If the SOs of your "candidates" can't handle sitting by themselves for 10 minutes and the time needed to take pictures, well, I have no response for that.
  • Options
    Yea, I know I got over it. I asked one of my girls and she was happy to do it
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards