Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

Weight

So I have 600 ish more days till I get married!  That's alot of time.
I have always been a heavier girl and have been on a mission to lose weight.  After my son was born I got a chance to restart.  It was as if having him hit the reset button.  I breast fed that baby and continued to gain weight.  August of 09 I decided to stop breastfeeding ( 6 months he was attached!)
I started to lose.  I joined WW and lost about 50 lbs.  I hit 50 a week or so ago.

So exciting.
I get on the scale today and in 1 week gained 10 lbs.  Its so discouraging.  6 months to lose 50lbs and over night I just put on 10 lbs.  How does that happen?

I am just here to vent I suppose.  I am sure its water weight but I want to be perfect on my wedding day and it seem impossible.

Re: Weight

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Just keep up the good work and don't get discouraged! I know I did/do not have a lot to lose but I think ALL of us brides still have the one thing in common....Wanting to look good on our wedding day! =)

I know that it helps me that I have friends who are also trying to hit the gym more, etc..Also you need to make sure and get FI behind you and to try and keep the junk out of the house (That was the problem w/ FI & I, he loves JUNK) another I did was sign up on http://www.sparkpeople.com/ kinda of a fun way to stay encouraged.
    2011-2012 Races
    10/29/11 LA RockNRoll Min Half (5K) 42:58
    12/4/11 Vegas RockNRoll Half 3:14:53
    1/7/12 WDW Half 3:13:42
    1/15/12 RnR AZ 2:55:27 (PR!!)
    1/29/12 Tinkerbell 1/2 3:22:37 (To many picture stops!lol)
    Me:32 DH:33
    IFV w/ DE Only Option (On Hold For Now)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    That sucks, but like you said it's probably water weight.  My weight fluctuates a lot throughout the month.  Congrats on the serious weight loss.  I kept telling myself in this process I was going to loose 30 pounds but with the stress of everything at this point I'll be happy with 10. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I totally understand your frustration.  I joined WW in September, have been working out consistantly for a few months, writing down everything I eat and I've only lost 3 pounds.  So I'm right there with you.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    It is most likely water weight, so try not to stress about it.  I have been using Weight Watchers and have been working out for 5 weeks and have already lost 10ish pounds.  You have plenty of time to to lose any additional weight before your big day!

• Options
    MNVegasMNVegas member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011

Congratulations on the weight loss and don't worry about the 10lbs. You will probably be down at your next weigh in. If not ask your WW counselor for suggestions. I have lost over 30lbs on WW and I have had weight fluctuations during weeks when I thought I was doing great and then lost lbs during weeks when I thought for sure I would gain.

WW is a great program and I am sure if you keep up with it you will be at your goal for your wedding.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Congrats on your weight loss so far! I would say don't worry too much about the weight gain because you are aware of it, and you want to fix it - so you will!

SparkPeople is a great resource - I actually know the founder and he just has such a great vision.

One thing that I have done that has worked wonders (but it really depends on your personality) is to watch my calorie intake and track it through thedailyplate.com. You can enter your weight and your weight loss goals and it will tell you how many calories you should be eating each day. Then you go in and track what you eat each day. It's crazy to find out how many calories are in something that you thought was a "healthy" choice.

Good luck!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Sparks people really helps me to keep on tract. I agree with pp. It can be from water weight. When you stress to much your body might retain water. Also I would try and limit how much salt you are in taking. A food journal really helps me keep on tract.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Congratulations on your success so far! I totally agree with PPs that your gains are most likely water weight. I go through spurts where I eat kind of crappy and can put on 5 lbs in 2 or 3 days. It's crazy-- but it's SUPER hard to put on 5 lbs of fat in a week (much less 10)! The scale is evil-- try to make friends with the tape measure when the scale is being stingy :) I also echo the advice about sparkpeople.com... I've lost 35 lbs since signing up in September, and it's just the most amazingly supportive and fun community.

Good luck with the rest of your mission... I'm sure you'll be stunning!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I had every intention of losing about 20 pounds when I picked out my dress.  The lady even asked me if I planned to lose weight.  I was non-committal about it but she did take a half inch in on the dress.  So now I'm a little scared to go for a fitting in another month or so as I haven't tried to lose anything.  In fact, I may have gained a little.  I thought I looked fab in it so as long as it fits I'll be fine :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    It's hard for us all. I have been trying to lose weight as well...I have been really unhappy with my body image and I work in a call center so it is super easy for me to gain...since I sit all day.
    I have lost 25 pounds, and hope to just lose an additional 5 more before my wedding. I workout mon-fri for about 2 hrs a day. I have a gym buddy-that helps me keep motivated.
    If worse comes to worse, i am buying shapewear! lol
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Congratulations on your weight loss!  That is a major accomplishment!  I wouldn't worry about the 10 pounds, even if it is "real" weight and not water weight (but, it would be really hard to gain 10 pounds of fat in that time).  Most important is that you don't give up... just count your points and get back on track.  You have the luxury of a lot of time until your wedding, so you can lose it slow and steady... and keep it off.  I joined WW in early January and have only lost  6 pounds so far, but I'm hoping it will stay off.  I would like to lose 24 more pounds by my August wedding.  Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards