Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

2nd Guessing Reception Location

Hi,
So I keep finding myself wanting to change venues for the reception.  Not because there is anything wrong with where I picked but because I've been second guessing myself through the whole planning process, its really quite frustrating actually. 

I originally wanted to book the Orleans Stardust suite but was afraid to because its not on the strip, so I booked the Grand Lux in the Palazzo, but now I want to unbook

The menu at the Orleans is more of what I want to serve (buffet style not individually plated)

Rooms are cheaper for the guests if they want to stay there

I'm just frustrated at this point because I did the same thing with the STD's, my dress, and I'm pretty sure I will be that way once I decide to pick bm dresses.

sorry this is long, needed to vent and the FI is good with whatever decisions I make

Re: 2nd Guessing Reception Location

• Options
    MizLynnMizLynn member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I know what you mean about being indecisive. My FI told me the other day that he doesn't see the point of listening to my questions/suggestions/wedding talk because I'm just going to change my mind in a few days!

One thing I do when I'm feeling particularly indecisive is try to pin down my "deciding factor."

For my dress, I was torn between two or three, so my "deciding factor" came down to which one I could get the cheapest. I am happy to say I just ordered my dress this past week  and I love it :-) That "deciding factor" really helped me pick a winner! I'm not second-guessing it all and I'm happy and comfortable with my decision.

So what's your "deciding factor?" Is it price? Location? Menu? A combination? Which is more important to you? Try ranking them from most to least.  Also you should ask FI what is most important to him (even my "hands off" FI gives good feedback when I ask that -- so even though your FI is cool with whatever you do, you might find that he's quite specific when discussing what's important to him as opposed to just giving his opinion on which venue is better)

Hopefully this all makes sense and it was actually helpful.  

Happy planning!  :-)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I can relate but for me it has been seeing other weddings. I have everything booked but every time I find a new vendor or see another pretty wedding I second guess my decisions. In the end I've told myself that I've already spent money and time booking my vendors, they come highly recommended and it makes no sense to change anything at this point.  I know it's easier said than done but just remind yourself that you've made a decision and it's time to move on to the next to-do item on the list. I hope this helps!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I can so relate to this. I've been able to stick to the decisions I've made, but getting there was pure agony!

I pictured that every decision would be like that big moment on "Say Yes to the Dress" where I would just know and everything from the ceremony venue to the reception site to the hotel we're staying at would be a perfect and ideal reflection of who we are as a couple. Needless to say, it didn't go like that for me.

Whatever you decide, it will be perfect for you and your future husband and your guests will be thrilled to be there celebrating with you. Good luck!
  • Options
    tlj25tlj25 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Don't feel so bad! I am generally a very indecisive person and second guess myself all the time.

If this makes you feel any better, I don't think you should worry about your choosing of Grand Lux. It's owned by Lettuce Entertain You, which is headquartered out of Chicago (my hometown), and from my experiences I have always had great food & service at their restaurants. I am usually against chains, but LEY has become my "fail-safe" for out of town guests. I really think you'll be pleased in the end.

Stop stressing, you're going to have a fabulous wedding!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards