Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

Masterpiece brides - enough food?

Did you find MC had enough food, or more than enough, for your guest count? We bought food for 40 people and now have 42 coming, should I be concerned or am I just stressing for nothing? We have 6 different appies and 2 of their trays, as well as wedding cake.

Re: Masterpiece brides - enough food?

• Options
    smokeybaileysmokeybailey member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am ordering more from Masterpiece than is coming.  I'd up your headcount to them to 42 and have them make the appropriate adjustments.

The appetizers they provide are based on headcount so that means if they are bringing 2 of each appetizer (let's say), then that's 480 pieces  which works out to just over 11 pieces per person.  Dinner should be 10-14 pieces per person so you are a little on the light side.  And think about it...don't you think people would be pretty likely to get one of each and then get a second serving?

That's what I think.  I am ordering for 32 for my rehearsal dinner but already know my count will probably be closer to 28-30.

Bi-oh-rama
    Now with more wedded bliss.

I don't get married often, but when I do, I do it in Las Vegas.

"Lvharpy could be your AE." - direy25
    "smokeybailey is the one shining beacon of light in this steaming turd of a thread." - daffodil_jill
    "The almighty smokeybailey has spoken." - some bitch on the Las Vegas board

• Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_masterpiece-brides-enough-food?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:91Discussion:4f6d147f-1638-4771-a401-f841ba7d37dfPost:82fbc33e-8162-4a83-9e7f-523a995cb12c">Re: Masterpiece brides - enough food?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am ordering more from Masterpiece than is coming.  I'd up your headcount to them to 42 and have them make the appropriate adjustments. The appetizers they provide are based on headcount so that means if they are bringing 2 of each appetizer (let's say), then that's 480 pieces  which works out to just over 11 pieces per person.  Dinner should be 10-14 pieces per person so you are a little on the light side.  And think about it...don't you think people would be pretty likely to get one of each and then get a second serving? That's what I think.  I am ordering for 32 for my rehearsal dinner but already know my count will probably be closer to 28-30.
    Posted by smokeybailey[/QUOTE]

Okay - thank you!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Any one else have any thoughts? I've been reading MC reviews and a lot of people have said they had leftover food.

*Sigh* - I don't know what to do.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I had leftover BUT I think it's going to depend on your crowd. I gave everyone a heads up on the menu so they would not be shocked that it was heavy app's SO I think some had heavy lunches and did not eat as much. I would order extra to be safe, better to much then not enough....
    2011-2012 Races
    10/29/11 LA RockNRoll Min Half (5K) 42:58
    12/4/11 Vegas RockNRoll Half 3:14:53
    1/7/12 WDW Half 3:13:42
    1/15/12 RnR AZ 2:55:27 (PR!!)
    1/29/12 Tinkerbell 1/2 3:22:37 (To many picture stops!lol)
    Me:32 DH:33
    IFV w/ DE Only Option (On Hold For Now)
  • Options
    smokeybaileysmokeybailey member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I expect my peeps to be fully hungry then they arrive.  MC told me that we would get 2 per app per person so I am actually concerned.  2 tartlets will be consumed in a heartbeat.  That's why I am ordering over. Worse case, we have leftovers for breakfast.

Bi-oh-rama
    Now with more wedded bliss.

I don't get married often, but when I do, I do it in Las Vegas.

"Lvharpy could be your AE." - direy25
    "smokeybailey is the one shining beacon of light in this steaming turd of a thread." - daffodil_jill
    "The almighty smokeybailey has spoken." - some bitch on the Las Vegas board

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Every review I've ever read from MC has LOTS of leftover food including myself. For 2 extra people, I wouldn't sweat it. I actually wish I told them 50 guests instead of 60 to save some money Money mouth
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards