Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

Registry road block..

We are stumped.. Well I'm stumped, dog is just bored. 

We don't need china, dishes, silverware (thank you J's 1st marriage!), or cups.. Basically it's a list of crazy kitchen appliances that I'd never buy myself. The shower is going to be 30-40 people, and 100+ at the reception so I probably need more than 30 things on the list I bet.. 

Any ideas? What's the craziest thing you've got on yours?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
J + A [4-15-13] + JJ [1-22-14] 

Re: Registry road block..

• Options
    omg let me just say what a cute puppers.... is puppers a pit?  i have a pit :) ok off tangent lol

sheets
    towels
    picture frames
    upgrade coffe pot, vacuum, camera
  • Options
    He sure is! Some sort of pit mix =)

Sheets are a definite possibility, I'm holding out on that until after Christmas. MIL & FIL I believe bought us new bedding so I'm waiting to see the colors. I've got towels, and a vacuum on there. Camera is a great idea. We're doing BB&B and Target so I bet we can find a decent camera at target. Great idea!
  • Options
    i adopted a pit :) lover her too much shes a 70 pound lap dog lol.   glad i could help and BBB is a great store i was there yesterday actually
  • Options
    He was a rescue too =) Oliver is a total baby, we drive to NC every summer and he rides in the passengers lap most of the way. 

We have yet to register in person but even online it's harder than I expected. Never imagined asking people for gifts would be difficult but we really have almost everything we need, hate to be greedy.
  • Options
    you can always upgrade stuff.  such as a coffee pot, i want the soda stream thing :) and kuerig coffee pot

mine rides in back seat :)
  • Options
    EmiliaC01EmiliaC01 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer First Comment
    edited November 2012
    If you have all the housewares you need, you can get more fun, family hobby type stuff. I've heard of people who like camping register for camping and outdoor type stuff. Or maybe a good camera or video camera, or build your family movie collection. Something out of the box :
  • Options
    if you do large stuff or upgrades where a group can go in on a gift
  • Options
    Or you can have people donate in your name to a favorite charity, if you feel you don't need anything at all... I think there are ways you can set that up online
  • Options
    We're huge campers so we've got lots of stuff for that already. We did put a fold up table and utility knife for that sort of thing on there too. Always talked about getting a fire pit so that's on there just for kicks. I'm thinking about an ice cream maker because it sounds fun.

Southern we've got a barely used keurig already, he doesn't drink it and I'm trying to wean off the caffeine. 
  • Options
    The priciest thing on there is a steam mop. I always worry though, how much is too expensive?
  • Options
    i would put stuff in all price points.  more expensive some pple may go in together to purchase.
  • Options

how about luggage? Lowe's also does wedding registries if you need anything for your house like tools, lighting, rugs, patio furniture, etc. We are in the same boat so our travel agent is going to accept payments from our guests to go towards our total honeymoon bill. For the shower you can also register for items you need for the wedding, like cake cutter, toasting flutes, etc.

• Options
    I had video games and booze on our registry :-)

Married in Vegas - June 2011

• Options
    HD does registries as well.  i love cofffee :)
  • Options
    I'm sure J would love nothing more than a lowes or home depot registry but I know we'd end up with bags of quick set cement, 2x4s, and 3/4" screws..  

I just added the guest book and cake cutters! 
  • Options
    there u go
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_registry-road-block?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:91Discussion:4fe7d6e1-b1c8-4222-9e0c-9fa25ea1a5c9Post:57aa7a1f-4a74-453c-b1ff-483412b9e83d">Re: Registry road block..</a>:
    [QUOTE]The priciest thing on there is a steam mop. I always worry though, how much is too expensive?
    Posted by PreDempsey[/QUOTE]

I worried about this too, but found out that people were much more generous that I had imagined. I actually had very little purchased from our Crate & Barrel registry because it was all "little stuff" with the majority under $45.

Register for what you like and if someone purchases it then great, if not then thats fine too!  Trust me I really stressed that I was "asking" for way more expensive things than I should have, but was pleasantly surprised!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Have you thought about also adding a registry for like "dinner for two" "spa passes" "Upgrade suite view" etc? Past two weddings I went to had registries linked to a website where the couple was asking for a dinner, help with airfare, upgrade to room for wedding or honeymoon and you pick the quantity and price. There are tons of sites like this and they have pictures and descriptions of each gift. The “gifts” that are bought online are sent directly to a bank account you choose and you can use it for what was listed on your site or something else. It’s pretty cool. We bought my cousin a “ Dinner for two at the beach” for $150 but there were also $40 items like “ bottle of wine for our suite”.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Also, we received luggage and didnt register for it, but BEST idea ever.  How about one of those soda pop making things? 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Beach towels, tools, grill supplies, upgrade towels, upgrade kitchen gadgets, replace old or worn things.  Brita or some other kind of water pitcher/filter and the replacement cartridges.

A lot of my cookware was aging and I got all new cookware- open stock.  My Keurig pump was going out and I have a new one now.
  • Options
    Have you thought about a honeymoon registry? I know it's a bit out there, but I love it!
  • Options
    JessF & Starlight what are the sites for those types of registries?

• Options
    edited December 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_registry-road-block?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:91Discussion:4fe7d6e1-b1c8-4222-9e0c-9fa25ea1a5c9Post:90caaa9b-63c0-48b9-9928-6eeb23653111">Re: Registry road block..</a>:
    [QUOTE]JessF & Starlight what are the sites for those types of registries?
    Posted by PreDempsey[/QUOTE]

My cousin used <a href="http://www.honeymoonwishes.com/" rel="nofollow">http://www.honeymoonwishes.com/</a>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    what about a dirt buster, foot spa, robes, picture frames, george foreman grill, espresso machine, juicer, microwave, xbox/wii  just some random ideas-lol
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards