Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

Help me choose my colors, maybe? PIP

'Ello, ladies and gent.  This week's big to-do for me is choosing my colors, as I've figured out that I really can't do anything else (not even make my wedding website) until I check that bad boy off the list. I have two options, and I'm really torn.

Black, red, and ivory
-Pros: Very Vegas-y, easy to implement, will probably "go" with our room pretty well, would probably go well with my dress (which is very Hollywood glam-ish)
- Cons: I have a feeling my 'maids might be a bit skeptical about a red dress (and I don't want them to do the whole black dress/red accents thing; I think red would be nice on all of them), and these might be too winter-y for our late May wedding? (ceremony 3pm, reception 5:30-9:30)

Aqua, Purple and Lime
Pros: "Prettier", gives me more flower options to work with, fun color scheme, 'maids would probably dig wearing an aqua dress
Cons: Might really clash with our reception room/ be hard to implement there?  Need your thoughts.

Our reception room:

What would you choose?

Re: Help me choose my colors, maybe? PIP

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I don't think aqua, purple, and lime would clash with that room at all. What a fun color scheme!
  • Options
    RachNRichRachNRich member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_choose-colors-maybe-pip?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:91Discussion:5072479f-6d88-4e42-a720-005e2afafd4cPost:10ec9bf8-00e3-421a-b287-04b50ee48dcb">Re: Help me choose my colors, maybe? PIP</a>:
    [QUOTE]I don't think aqua, purple, and lime would clash with that room at all. What a fun color scheme!
    Posted by ricekim[/QUOTE]
    Ditto!!! Love the color scheme!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Love it too!
    And very fun!
  • Options
    GribblesGribbles member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I also really love that colour scheme, if I did it all over I would go for that. Peacock feather centrepieces and beautiful jewel coloured table cloths... I love it...!
    www.mywedding.com/benandpetra
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I LOVE the aqua color scheme!
    "You cannot reason with unreasonable people".
  • Options
    direy25direy25 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ditto PP's - love the aqua/purple/lime.  Perfect for a May wedding!
    Married 5.6.11

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Hey, I love the purple, lime, & aqua for a May wedding. The colors are a bold just like Vegas baby! 
    I personally chose red, gold and ivory for a mid-Nov. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards