Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

Dreams or more like nightmares!!

I think that I remember reading about this some time back but I got my first wedding nightmare a few nights ago and now they have not stopped!!!!

I have very unrealistic and crazy dreams, but they scare me!! The first night I dreamed that on our wedding day our chapel refused to give us the limo we paid for, they didnt even let us kiss when we got married,  they literally pushed us out to get ready for their next wedding!! I know it can never happen but phew I woke up in such a panic!!

Then, the next night, in my dream I heard someone refer to me as "the big girl" !! And then the NEXT night I had a dream that my dad offered to get me the lap band for Christmas!!!! Im a size 12 I doubt that they would even give me one but now I feel like my pants are tighter this morning and I wont fit in to my dres :( I am usually very comfortable with my body but now I am starting to freak out! grrrr

Has/ Did anyone else had wedding related nightmares?? Gosh I really hope they stop I cant deal with this for 3 more months!

Re: Dreams or more like nightmares!!

• Options
    direy25direy25 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yep.  Lots.  I've had multiple dreams where my hair & makeup person either doesn't show up or stops working on me halfway through and I have to do it myself and I look awful.  I've had ones where we didn't meet with the DJ so I had no idea what kind of music was going to be played for the ceremony, first dances, etc. and everything was awful.  I've had ones where it's the day of the wedding and I realize that we never sent out invitations so nobody showed up.  And I still have 5 months to go....
    Married 5.6.11

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Ugh!! I've had the invitation one! Like, I woke up, and it was a Saturday and suddenly I was getting married and I realized I never told anybody.

I also had one where I planned everything except for the dress. All I had to wear was an 80s prom dress.
  • Options
    direy25direy25 member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_dreams-like-nightmares?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:91Discussion:5332caec-84be-48bd-b435-34c19b938a77Post:a1e24621-a912-414a-b111-f19de6872fe5">Re: Dreams or more like nightmares!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ugh!! I've had the invitation one! Like, I woke up, and it was a Saturday and suddenly I was getting married and I realized I never told anybody. <strong>I also had one where I planned everything except for the dress. All I had to wear was an 80s prom dress.
    </strong>Posted by Natrasha[/QUOTE]
    Yikes, that's definitely a nightmare!!!  :)
    Married 5.6.11

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Wow, no nightmares here thank God! At least not yet...
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    HAHA I just imagine when you say that only half of your makeup is done that just half of your face is done and half of your hair.. like 2 face or something!! That is super scary no one showing up oh my goodness!! I am really worried that I will gain a hundred pounds and not fit in my dress :( time to start my diet ugghh

Encore- you are so lucky!! I want them to stop!! Lets hope no one else has to go through this :(
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I had a nightmare a few nights ago.  I realized about 20 minutes before the wedding that we had forgotten to plan any food or drinks for the reception.  We were running around like crazy trying to figure ANYTHING out.  Then I went to put on my dress.  It hadn't arrived at the venue and nobody had bothered to check.  I had to walk down with my dad in a red checked table cloth because I had no dress.  Ugh. Hope this was a one time nightmare.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    i had my first one a couple weeks ago...mine was that the entire strip flooded (like tsunami style) and I was throwing a fit because I had to wear a lifejacket over my dress...and no one was going to see my dress.

Thank goodness it was totally unrealistic....hopefully thats the worst one I get
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    hahahahah junebug I just laughed so hard right now, sounds like some of my crazy dreams!! FI's dreams are like regular life, him watching football in his underpants.... seriously!!
  • Options
    AnneNKennyAnneNKenny member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I had a dream that I was getting married and my mom was no where to be found. I called her and was like where are you the weddings today!?! and she was so calm and her response was no its not hunny its tomorrow. I started freaking out crying and cursing at her, which I've never done in my life nor would I dare to, and I was in my dress hysterical. She just kept saying it was the next day and I was kept saying no its now! The Revernd is here, everyones here but you! Why do you think its tomorrow?

I called my mom and told her about it and she instantly planned a trip out to visit me in 3 weeks to help with wedding planning. She said it was a sign I needed my mama and was feeling overwhelmed.

Haven't had a dream since she came out :)
  • Options
    direy25direy25 member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_dreams-like-nightmares?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:91Discussion:5332caec-84be-48bd-b435-34c19b938a77Post:be69815a-68ae-4d86-8a49-1fae7cfe0bc9">Re: Dreams or more like nightmares!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I had a dream that I was getting married and my mom was no where to be found. I called her and was like where are you the weddings today!?! and she was so calm and her response was no its not hunny its tomorrow. I started freaking out crying and cursing at her, which I've never done in my life nor would I dare to, and I was in my dress hysterical. She just kept saying it was the next day and I was kept saying no its now! The Revernd is here, everyones here but you! Why do you think its tomorrow? <strong>I called my mom and told her about it and she instantly planned a trip out to visit me in 3 weeks to help with wedding planning. She said it was a sign I needed my mama and was feeling overwhelmed. Haven't had a dream since she came out :)
    </strong>Posted by AnneNKenny[/QUOTE]
    Awww, that's really sweet!  

I ended up having another nightmare last night, another one dealing with hair/makeup issues.  I swear I'm not that vain of a person but almost every dream I've had has ended up with me looking like crap on my wedding day.  I have absolutely no fear of this when I'm awake because I've had my trial and it was awesome.  Huh. 
    Married 5.6.11

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards