Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

Brooch Bouquet

any ladies out there made their own brooch bouquet? Where did you get all the brooches? And how did you put it together? If you have any sites or had someone make yours would you mind sharing?! Thanks.

Re: Brooch Bouquet

• Options
    goodtobekinggoodtobeking member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm making one for my vegas wedding next summer. It's a little tedious but it's so worth it to me to have something different from flowers that I made and can keep/hand down in the future! Great website for tutorial google: fancy pants weddings how to make a brooch bouquet I got a few from family but majority for dirt cheap at antique and thrift stores. Love how it's coming together! Give yourself or whoever is doing it plenty of time... It takes a while to get the hang of making them into stemmed "flowers" Good luck!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    check the DIY board. I've seen a lot of posts about those there
  • Options
    xtanne12386xtanne12386 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just finished mine. Most of my pieces I got from forever 21 and the clearance rack at jcpenney and most of the pieces are oversized rings. It turned out beautiful.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_broach-bouquet?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:91Discussion:53a5fabf-929d-4e94-802b-bd59dbe5adccPost:80e06319-0bbb-4a79-b025-0424ac574fe2">Re: Brooch Bouquet</a>:
    [QUOTE]I just finished mine. Most of my pieces I got from forever 21 and the clearance rack at jcpenney and most of the pieces are oversized rings. It turned out beautiful.
    Posted by xtanne12386[/QUOTE]

Do you have any pictures?!?!
  • Options
    edited December 2011

(the picture in the bouquet is my dog, she'll be with us in Vegas, kinda)

here is a couple pics of mine.

the majority were huge fashion rings.  I have some brooches..but now a days they are hard to find a price that u dont mind using in an arts project.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_broach-bouquet?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:91Discussion:53a5fabf-929d-4e94-802b-bd59dbe5adccPost:27cfab7b-3467-461b-addd-6ad69c6efff1">Re: Brooch Bouquet</a>:
    [QUOTE](the picture in the bouquet is my dog, she'll be with us in Vegas, kinda) here is a couple pics of mine. the majority were huge fashion rings.  I have some brooches..but now a days they are hard to find a price that u dont mind using in an arts project.
    Posted by xtanne12386[/QUOTE]

Thank you for sharing! how did you do the ribbon at the bottom?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    i just took maybe 6 inches folded it in like  3 loops and took a corsage pin and pinned it into the foam ball i used to hold all the pieces of jewerly.  There is a youtube video i got the idea from.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards