Nevada-Las Vegas

Reviews from my wedding!

I know everyone who gets married says their special day flies by. Well, again that saying become true! I had my wedding in Las Vegas at the beautiful Mandalay Bay. It was truly one of the best days of my life. We had a few ups, and a few downs - however we rolled with the punches during our wedding planning adventure and were so happy with our day!

Here are my reviews:

Mandalay Bay, Las Vegas -

Venue - Vally of the Falls

Absolutely gorgeous. We saw the venue prior to selecting it for our wedding, however when we saw it was not decorated. On the day of our wedding, it looked so beautiful with the waterfalls, purple rose petals going down the white runner, and the kissing balls. Our photos looks awesome from the ceremony. Honestly, it was nothing that you would think of a Vegas wedding.

Photographer - Amanda from Cashman at Mandalay Bay

Loved her. She was so nice, fun, and made us feel comfortable. We met her the day before the wedding, which was great since she asked us what kind of photos we liked and got a sense of our style. On the day of the wedding, she was great organizing all the shots with guests. Our photos came out gorgeous, couldn't be happier. Only thing is the photos were extremely expensive!

Reception - Petite All Inclusive

Food was AMAZING. However, the wait staff was horrible. We added on a service attendant for an extra $175 per hour. It would have been better to just do buffet style without the extra cost. They were so slow - served all the other guests before the bride and groom (which I think we should have been served first - just my opinion). Once we cut our cake (which tasted amazing) she cut the rest to serve to the guests. She made a complete mess of the cake. It looked like a child cut the cake, and was actually embarrassing to serve to our guests.

Wedding Planners -

I would give you the names, however we had about 3-4 of them. First one or two quit or got fired. The other two never contacted us enough to even remember their names. The whole office of wedding planners at the Mandalay Bay wedding chapel should seriously consider new jobs. They were absolutely HORRIBLE. I would never want to work with them again. - If I had to do it all again, I would hire a real wedding planner from Las Vegas. The extra money it would cost would be so worth not dealing with them.

Vista Suite -

Amazing room. We had the suite that faced directly down the strip - such amazing views, especially at night. Bed was so comfortable, you almost couldn't get out of bed. Would love to stay there again. 

Glamsquad-

I came on the knot before my wedding and asked the brides who had their wedding in Vegas who they had used for their hair and make-up. About 6 different women told me the glamsquad.

As for my review - I wasn't a fan, neither was my bridal party. We were pretty prepared for what we wanted (we had photos in our phones of what styles we liked to get them a better idea). None of us had anything close to our photos. The hair and make-up were nice - but nothing incredible.

The three guys that came. (Alex, James, and can't remember the last guys name). We so stiff and kind of made us feel comfortable. Each only asked us 2 questions to all the girls when it was their turn to get glammed. 1 - Where did you meet your spouse/fiance. 2 - How long have you been together. We sort of made it into a joke once they had left.

I know when your getting your make up done, its a community make up bin basically. Everyone's face broke out terribly after. So who knows the last time their brushes were cleaned.

Bride Bikini -

I had bought a TON of stuff from Bride Bikini - www.bridebikini.com

Service was great, I had received my package very quickly and had awesome communication with Melissa. She answered all my questions on sizing and was a pleasure to work with.

I bought all my girls bridal tank tops - which were a half lace back tank with a rhinestone design for their part in the wedding (Bridesmaid, Maid of Honor, etc…) The tanks were so comfortable, and looked so cute to wear while we were getting ready. It just added a little special touch to the day. I had also bought a Just Married bikini to wear at the pool the day after the wedding. It was so cute, and fun to wear - my husband had no idea about the bikini until that day. He loved it more than I did!

I am planning on buying more from them for my friends up coming bridal showers.

Davids Bridal -

I didn't think Davids Bridal was going to be where I would find my dress. However, I was in a bit of a time crunch to find a dress - since my mom was in town for only a few days, and I really wanted to find one while she was with me. I ended up finding a dress I loved online at Davids Bridal. So I made an appointment, and before telling them I found a dress I loved online it was the first one they had pulled from the rack and had me try on. I ended up saying YES to that dress!

I had also had all my alterations done at Davids Bridal. It was super easy and stress free. I never had any issues. They did everything on time, and the dress looked amazing once they finished everything.

Heres a photo from my ceremony:

Re: Reviews from my wedding!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards