North Carolina
Options

Mountain wedding on a budget?

My FI and I live in SoCal but our families live in NC, so we want to get married in an area they can get to easily via car. We are looking at having 35-50 people (probably on the 35 side) and our budget is around $5k.

Can anyone suggest a venue in the mountains (maybe near Asheville?) that would fit our budget? It seems like everywhere I've looked commands a huge venue fee without including food/cake/photographer/music... Totally open to renting a private room at a restaurant if anyone has a suggestion!

Re: Mountain wedding on a budget?

• Options
    pirategal03pirategal03 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Have you thought about lake lure?  www.lakelure.com

Their "garden package" includes a lot of stuff, it is listed on the website at $3440 for 30 guests, additional guests can be added for $48.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I was about to suggest the Lake Lure area. If you can't afford the Lake Lure Inn and Spa, you might also look at "Rumbling Bald" at Lake Lure.  There are one or two other resort type places around there too.  We wanted to have our Wedding at Rumbling Bald but decided to save $$ by having it closer to where we both live (I live in Durham, he lives in Creedmoor).  
    July 16, Our Wedding Day, is also International Juggling Day!
  • Options
    SD3194SD3194 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I live in Asheville and we are having our wedding in Charlotte because it's so ridicously expensive to get married here. Cashiers/Highlands is an hour outside of Asheville but is a gorgeous place to get married but it might be hard finding something within your budget.  Anyway, here's a few venues that are all pretty nice.

Green River Plantation -Rutherfordton (near lake lure)
    The Crest Center - Asheville
    The Waynesville Inn - Waynesville (good food will work with your budget)
    The Venue - Asheville (sooo beautiful-kinda pricey-downtown)
    Asheville Arboretum (gorgeous but they require it to be a "green" wedding)
    Claxton Farms - Weaverville
    Castle LadyHawke - Cullowhee
    The Homewood - Asheville
    Fontaine Vineyards - Asheville
    The Farm - Candler
    Grand Bohemian Hotel - Asheville (right next to the Biltmore house, very nice $$$)
    Century Room - Asheville

Also consider something around Linville Gorge, it's about an hour and a half away from Asheville but so pretty. My friends got married on the side of a cliff overlooking the mountains. Most beautiful wedding I've ever been to. However, the park doesn't allow tents or anything so you'd be taking a big risk with the weather. Let me know if you have any vendor questions about Asheville, I've been around lol. Hope this helps!  
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    A lot of places are pretty expensive if you're looking for a "budget" wedding. I'm getting married at the Crest Center in October and it's gorgeous but we're not saving money by having it there.

The Pisgah Inn on the Blue Ridge is affordable and from what I can tell, it looks very nice if you're looking for a rustic type wedding in the mountains. It can fit 35 people definitely and I think could accommodated 50. It's about a half an hour drive from Asheville so it's very convenient if you want people to be able to enjoy Asheville while they're there.
  • Options
    TobeSASTobeSAS member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    we just book a place called Hidden River Events. I really love them as they take care of everything. So far they have been great helping us get our florist and photographer. They work with all sorts of budgets. It is a great location in a little valley surronded by mountains.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    The Lake Lure Inn seems pretty reasonable to me, am I missing some hidden fees?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards