Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

No more Playboy club

Re: No more Playboy club

• Options
    HAHA. interesting!

The main reason my FMIL WONT stay at the Palms for our whole wedding weekend is because she is convinced everyone is walking around there with banging bodies and in bunny suits.

Reality: FI and I were there over "Sterling Advantage 50+" Thursday (happens EVERY thursday!) and that day AND friday I saw more walkers, silver hair and readers than high heels and booty shorts :)
  • Options
    No way!  That place has killer views, but agreed-- it's essentially just a lobby for Moon, IMHO.  Also, I had a $23 vodka soda there once (I sh!t you not--and I didn't ask for top shelf vodka).  May it rest, and take its liquor prices with it.
  • Options
    $23 for a drink?  And I thought $4 for a water bottle in the hotel room was bad.  Hell, the souvenir cup on cruise ships isn't even that bad.

I do like Moon though, and they're not that bad, patron margarita maybe $15, but that's vegas.

Married in Vegas - June 2011

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_no-more-playboy-club?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:91Discussion:5f6a92a0-caa7-4088-bdec-19a641ddcf17Post:e2b3a3e9-bef0-476b-83fb-87b7edce5f98">Re: No more Playboy club</a>:
    [QUOTE]HAHA. interesting! The main reason my FMIL WONT stay at the Palms for our whole wedding weekend is because she is convinced<strong> everyone is walking around there with banging bodies</strong> and in bunny suits.
    Reality: FI and I were there over "Sterling Advantage 50+" Thursday (happens EVERY thursday!) and that day AND friday I saw more walkers, silver hair and readers than high heels and booty shorts :)
    Posted by goodtobeking[/QUOTE]

Hahaha, when I think of the Palms, this is the image that pops in my head.  Glad to hear it's not completely true.  We will be staying there for the first time in May, as will my grandparents...
    76 invited image 35 ready to partyimage 41 staying homeimageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I've seen some cray cray bodies at the Palms.  I felt overdressed in a short skirt and tank top.

Is Moon worth the cab ride?
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_no-more-playboy-club?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:91Discussion:5f6a92a0-caa7-4088-bdec-19a641ddcf17Post:f4f91bc3-ea0e-42f6-b34e-48243db163ce">Re: No more Playboy club</a>:
    [QUOTE]Is Moon worth the cab ride?
    Posted by nycheryl[/QUOTE]

It's definitely unique.  The roof opens over the dance floor so looking up and seeing the night sky is kind of cool.  I tend  to go there at least once more for the balcony overlooking the strip, but if that's all you care about, you can probably go to the place at Rio for less $$ on cover and drinks.

Married in Vegas - June 2011

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_no-more-playboy-club?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:91Discussion:5f6a92a0-caa7-4088-bdec-19a641ddcf17Post:26b7ef0b-514d-4dba-b31d-c45dcfbd619e">Re: No more Playboy club</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: No more Playboy club : It's definitely unique.  The roof opens over the dance floor so looking up and seeing the night sky is kind of cool.  I tend  to go there at least once more for the balcony overlooking the strip, but if that's all you care about, you can probably go to the place at Rio for less $$ on cover and drinks.
    Posted by vegasgroom[/QUOTE]

Cool, thanks!!  We're getting our massages done at Palms Place the day after the wedding, so we might hang around... and we still need to figure out where we're going for our b-parties!
  • Options
    I second VG, Moon is cool.  In addition to the open roof, the balcony there is stunning.  Good tunes too. :)
  • Options
    We stayed at the Palms for my twenty first and I too was charged $20 for a martini. It was the only dink I paid for the whole weekend. And the novelty of it was cool, but we left after the one drink. The "bunnies" were just as cute as any other bartender on the strip and the girls at coyote ugly actually paid attention to the people who were not old men in suits. 
    TL;DR Not surprised.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards