North Carolina
Options

October 2013 Outdoor Wedding

The venue I REALLY want only has one day available, and that is October 26 of 2013. It would be an outdoor ceremony with the reception in a tent (with heaters provided by the venue). What do you guys think? Do you think October 26 is too cold for an outdoor wedding near Charlotte NC? I think it should be fine, but weather here can be so unpredictable. We would have it at around 3/4 PM, so it would be at the warmest time of day, plus the foilage will be beautiful, but what do you guys think? Too cold? I'm stressing, but it's the only date available!

Re: October 2013 Outdoor Wedding

• Options
    The venue I REALLY want only has one day available, and that is October 26 of 2013. It would be an outdoor ceremony with the reception in a tent (with heaters provided by the venue). What do you guys think? Do you think October 26 is too cold for an outdoor wedding near Charlotte NC? I think it should be fine, but weather here can be so unpredictable. We would have it at around 3/4 PM, so it would be at the warmest time of day, plus the foilage will be beautiful, but what do you guys think? Too cold? I'm stressing, but it's the only date available!
  • Options
    October is usually pretty lovely here and can be even be hot!  No worries! 
  • Options
    The weather channel will tell you the temperature and weather of a day for the past 5 years or so!
    photo Isbell-232_zpsdaf64dd5.jpg
  • Options
    Perfect Weather in October ~ Go for it!  Since you might be pressed for time in planning make sure to consider a wedding planner.  There are alot in the area and they actually end up saving you money because they get vendor discounts, have great ideas, etc.  I used Julie from everything I DO and she was wonderful!  She saved us tons of money because she does her own designing and is so creative in ways to save money but get the look you want.  Her website is www.everythingIDOweddings.com. Good Luck.
  • Options
    It will be great! You can have a stack of shaws as a wedding favor to the women or rent a few awesome fire pits to fit outside of the tent. OR you can rent those heaters that you see outside of restaurants on the patio. It will be great! No sweating just a light breeze for you to have fun with in decorating. Perfect!
  • Options
    My wedding is 10/26/13 in Wilmington.  I think it's the PERFECT time because no matter what you wear you're gonna be hot.  You're guest will be too if they're dressed up.  I already checked the average temp for wilmington on that day and it's mid 70s.  Plus, October is the dryest month of the year around here so you'll have less humidity and less chance of rain. 
  • Options
    Oh, my wedding is in Wilmington but I live right outside of Charlotte.  Just in case you're wondering why I'm commenting.
  • Options
    Oh, my wedding is in Wilmington but I live right outside of Charlotte.  Just in case you're wondering why I'm commenting.
  • Options
    Do it! Check the Hurricane reports though... October can get cold but that issue is resolved!
  • Options
    Late October is perfect for a wedding in NC - not hot but not too cold either. Just be sure you plan your ceremony based on sunset time so you still have light outside for the ceremony and pics after!
  • Options
    We are doing an outdoor wedding the next weekend. The farmers almanac says it will be beautiful!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards