Nevada-Las Vegas

Dress Worries (need to vent)

I'm having the hardest time saying yes to the dress. I believe that I've watched too many wedding dress shopping episodes that I feel that I need to get that overwhelming, tear jerking moment. (and i am not). I think I may have to come to the realization that I may not be that emotional type of person. I just dont want to settle on a dress.

Re: Dress Worries (need to vent)

• Believe me, tear jerker moments don't always happen. It didn't happen for me either but I still felt that the dress I had picked was the right one. Especially after I tried on all the bling and even more so after I had it altered to fit me
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I didn't shed tears eithernot on the first dress I thought was the one because I was settling only to return later and find the dress I knew I loved! As much as I love this dress and was so happy still no tears!
  • Thanks guys. I really needed to hear this
  • I didn't cry when I found mine. I was really happy, but I didn't cry. I was pretty worn out from trying stuff on, and by the time I found it, I was ready to go get some food and drinks. It was more a sense of relief than anything. I really did love it, and I was smiling like a maniac, but no tears.
  • Stop watching those shows! I LOVE my dress, teared up when I found it and everything but those ten thousand dollar dresses on SYTTD made me second guess myself. Which is ridiculous because I would probably look like a crappy pile of whipped cream in most of them. 

All that matters is that you feel beautiful in your gown, no tears necessary!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    J + A [4-15-13] + JJ [1-22-14] 
  • No tears here either :) PP said it all :)  But wanted you to know I didn't have an overwhelming feeling.  I liked it, I looked good in it, it was in my budget. LOL :)

http://frankenstiensgirl.weebly.com
    Photobucket
    April 2013 Siggy Challenge: Save The Dates
  • I didn't have a "tearing up" moment either. By the time I chose my dress I had been to close to a dozen different salons and probably tried on about 40-50 dresses at least. A handful of the dresses I tried on definitely gave me goosebumps or butterflies but I kept on finding flaws in them that made me doubt whether or not it was the right dress for me.

I got the dress I did because I made a pro/con list comparing it to the other top contenders and it had by far the most pros and only a few cons. It's not a romantic way to choose a dress but I was fed up with trying on more and more dresses and not having that "feeling" that any of them were 100% perfect.

I can still pick out a few minor flaws or concerns I have with my dress but I do believe that it is the best dress I could possibly have found and I have to accept that there just is no "perfect" dress out there for me. And on the whole whenever I look at my dress I still get butterflies in my stomach even after I've had it at home for several months now!

My advice to you is to really think about the most important features of your dress. Do you want it to be comfortable? Princessy? Unique? Is there a certain style or fabric you love more than others? If you can find a dress that has most or all of the things you want and you really like it on, then you don't need to feel bad for not crying, as long as you love your dress that is what matters! Good luck!!!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards