Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

Hurricane Sandy is stressing me out!

Hi all,

I am getting married on November 1st and out of my 55 guests--13 are coming from the East Coast--NY,NJ,DC,VA.   Most of them are scheduled to fly in on October 31st   
including the Groom's Fathers who is the Bestman and my Cousin who is the Matron of Honor!  I hope everyone can make it in spite of the weather--my future Father in Law is so excited to see his only Son finally get married at the age of 42 and I would hate for him to miss it.  I would also hate to pay for a reception where 25% of the guest can't make it.

Did I also mention that my name is Sandy---how ironic is that?

Re: Hurricane Sandy is stressing me out!

• Options
    positive thoughts im sure all will be ok :)
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_hurricane-sandy-is-stressing-me-out?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:91Discussion:652e479d-6dd1-4420-bb45-fd67b9db6017Post:5fd25263-d0c6-4c7f-8d0b-6462ff3a3284">Hurricane Sandy is stressing me out!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi all, I am getting married on November 1st and out of my 55 guests--13 are coming from the East Coast--NY,NJ,DC,VA.   Most of them are scheduled to fly in on October 31st    including the Groom's Fathers who is the Bestman and my Cousin who is the Matron of Honor!  I hope everyone can make it in spite of the weather--my future Father in Law is so excited to see his only Son finally get married at the age of 42 and I would hate for him to miss it.  I would also hate to pay for a reception where 25% of the guest can't make it. Did I also mention that my name is Sandy---how ironic is that?
    Posted by shutin[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>It might be worth it to make a phone call to the airline and see if it can be changed to a day or two before. It is to the airlines benefit to reschedule them ahead of the storm than try and rebook them after when there will be many others to find seats for. I've had really accomodating agents with JetBlue. Ten days before my flight I received notice to be someplace related to a potential job an hour after my flight left Vegas. They changed my flight to the same one a day later and charged me nothing for the change or difference in flight. Explain it's your wedding, his dad... </div><div>
    </div><div>
    </div><div>

</div>
  • Options
    Yeah... im on the east coast too...check to see where the lay overs are... if theyre not down south..it may be better
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    It will all work out...maybe since the hurricane is named Sandy it's a good thing! Sending positive thoughts your way, try not to stress too much over it, I know easier said then done. I agree with pp, try to airline ahead of time and see what your options are. Praying for your nerves, the weather and your guests travel!
  • Options
    i live in NC but i heard that by Wednesday everything across the east coast should be calm by then. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you :)
  • Options
    p.s. your east coast friends are going to be giving you hell for that hurricane being named after you, so funny! it's like mother earth's wedding gift to you (all the rain, good luck). I'm sure all will be good :) 
  • Options
    Sending best wishes and postive thoughts your way. It will be ok :).
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    A little more JetBlue follow-up for you. I just looked up the info since I now need to reschedule some flights during that time...

There is a waiver code for all three cities to rebook ahead of the closures and storm on their website. Of course I don't know what airline they are flying but it's a good chance that other airlines are doing the same. The waiver code eliminates all fees associated with the closings. 

Breathe. It will work out. There's lots of good thoughts going your way here.
  • Options
    Thanks everyone for the positive thoughts!  I've had a chance to relax and come to terms with what will happen, will happen.  We're leaving for Vegas Sunday and as long
    as the Groom and I are there on 11/1--it's all good!  
    Most of the East Coaster are flying Southwest Airlines but they're afraid to leave early in case the Storm does damage to their homes--I understand.  No matter what, we're having a good time.  I should have reviews in about 2 weeks--couldn't have gotten this far without you all--i've been confident in all of my choices because of the Brides that have come before me....Now if we could win some money too that would be the icing on the cake.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards