Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

Advice please!

I've seen posts about how other boards aren't as friendly/nice as this one, so I thought I would ask this question here. I'm not trying to be rude, but I honestly don't know the answer. Where do you include gift registries (if you include them at all). I don't want to be rude, but I do know that I have alot of family that live in rural areas and don't have internet- so will not see our wedding website.
Registries and gifts can be a touchy subject, and I'm not sure what the protocol is. If we don't include the registries at all, I am OK with that- I honestly have no clue if we'll get many gifts, etc., anyway. Any advice would be helpful- I am clueless on this subject. Thanks!

Re: Advice please!

• Options
    You've come to the right place, this is the best board. :) Maybe make a website with the registry information on it, and for the family who doesn't have Internet they can call your parents or close realitives that would know? I know all the other boards say no registries with the invite, but maybe this is a good exception to the rule? Those other boards also say don't suggest charity donations instead of gifts, which I think is so weird.
  • Options
    My personal opinion is you shouldn't put registry info in the invite; I think it just looks really tacky, and I'm saying this from experience, not from what people on the E board say.  When you open an invite, you don't want it to feel like oh I'm being invited to something, and I'm being invited to buy something.  If the relatives want to buy something, they'll figure out how to do so even if they don't have internet.

This kind of gets me going on something else my wife and I received twice this past week.  I don't know if this is some new popular thing but one day apart we got invited to a 'stock the bar' party for two couples who are getting married later this year.  In both cases they have lived together more than a year.  I couldn't help but to judge that.

Married in Vegas - June 2011

• Options
    Stock the bar? Is that like the new house warming party?
  • Options
    Registry info can be included with a bridal shower invite if someone is hosting one for you.

If not, via wedding website or word of mouth is best.

Though to be honest at least 1/3 of all the wedding invites I've ever received have had registry info with them and I didn't even know it was a faux pas or thought anything of it until I was planning my own wedding.
  • Options
    i think you can also put info on your informal STDs
  • Options
    You all are the best. I think what I will do is just leave it on the website and let everyone decide on their own. I really don't want to be a "pushy" couple, I just didn't realize how much I don't know about STD's, Invites, and ettiquite until I started to plan my own wedding.

As for the "stock the bar" parties- this must be new, as I have never heard of it. That said.. If I am understanding the premise of these parties, I find them a bit rude and tacky!
  • Options
    Good choice. Dont go elsewhere.

Our bridal registry was including on our bridal shower invites.  If you dont have a bridal shower.  I would suggest your wedding website, if you have one or maybe word of mouth if you dont have a website :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I know PPs suggested puting them on the STDs, but etiquette-wise apparently that's frowned upon as well.  A bit inconvenient if your family doesn't touch base often or they don't use a computer...:/
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards