Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

What is everyone's meet and greet plans?

Re: What is everyone's meet and greet plans?

• Options
    justine043justine043 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    were thinking dinner...but were trying to find an affordable place to have it!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    After hearing the headaches with dealing with Yolo's for a large group, we went with Cheeseburger Las Vegas for our group.  Their private room helped seal the deal.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are having ours in the Vista Suite at MB. We are either having it catered by Masterpiece or Famous Daves BBQ. Also hiring a bartender and buying all our own booze :)
  • Options
    wallacjewallacje member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    We are either going to do it in our suite or we will just meet at a restaurant.  I don't want to deal with the setting up a private party issue so we will see what happens.  Right now I can say we are winging it. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We're having 40 ppl at Hussong's Cantina in the Mandalay mall area, great prices even with open bar.

Married in Vegas - June 2011

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Small group so I'm considering a buffet meal or a couple of cabanas by the pool.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ours is going to be a meet&greet/rehearsal dinner, and I think we'll be doing it in our suite at the Platinum Hotel. Right now we're looking at Maggianos delivery. But we're also considering Jason's Deli and Masterpiece Cuisine.
  • Options
    Sara191431Sara191431 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    At this point we aren't hosting one, just going to dinner somewhere and whoever wants to join us can, then after we are going to the Chandalier Bar in the Cosmo for drinks.
  • Options
    smokeybaileysmokeybailey member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    For those doing a meet and greet, are you also doing a rehearsal dinner?  We are hosting the RD on Friday, wedding, reception and after party on Saturday, and cabanas on Sunday.  I can't afford another event on Thursday night.

I think we might just let people know that we'll be at the lounge at X time.
    Bi-oh-rama
    Now with more wedded bliss.

I don't get married often, but when I do, I do it in Las Vegas.

"Lvharpy could be your AE." - direy25
    "smokeybailey is the one shining beacon of light in this steaming turd of a thread." - daffodil_jill
    "The almighty smokeybailey has spoken." - some bitch on the Las Vegas board

• Options
    edited December 2011
    we're doing a welcome party on Friday at Le Burger Brasseire at Paris.  everyone coming to Vegas is invited.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.weddings.com/Sites/Weddings/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_everyones-meet-greet-plans?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:91Discussion:67f004de-8f38-4dd0-a4f3-ea8e3beb9dc6Post:d39940e4-83c1-44ab-a561-3fc8ae242569">Re: What is everyone's meet and greet plans?</a>:
    [QUOTE]For those doing a meet and greet, are you also doing a rehearsal dinner?  We are hosting the RD on Friday, wedding, reception and after party on Saturday, and cabanas on Sunday.  I can't afford another event on Thursday night. I think we might just let people know that we'll be at the lounge at X time.
    Posted by smokeybailey[/QUOTE]

Nope just a Meet and Greet.  i can't afford another meal either HA!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are doing M&G in our Vista Suite at MB. Doing a DD bus tour from 6-8, then 8-? in our suite. Either doing Jason's Deli or Masterpiece for food (Jason's in $450 cheaper). Buying our own alcohol and having a bartender from Absolute Bev. (so worth $35/hr in my opinion). Great for the budget.
  • Options
    Mango9Mango9 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are having some food at the house we rented then DD Bus tour from 7pm to 10pm.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are telling guests where we will be and they cn choose to join us for the evening.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are having a M&G at Yard House at Town Sq.

We don't do rehersal dinners where I am from (in fact most brides don't do a rehersal Of the 15 weddings I have been in only one had a rehersal and that one was at the big catholic cathedral in Melbourne (St Pat's) and we did not do anything afterwards and it was 1 week prior to the wedding)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    we are doing a DD Bus tour from 8-10pm on Friday the 3rd. We couldnt afford another meal...and the DDB was $135/hour with a 2 hour min.
  • Options
    aegrishaegrish member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm late! we're going to the Rio buffet.  Super excited I heard it's the best in LV.
  • Options
    lsvenssonlsvensson member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Pizza party in our Vista Suite. :)
  • Options
    Jewels02Jewels02 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're letting people know that we'll be meeting at the Harley Davidson Cafe for dinner the first night there, whoever is in town is welcome (no host).  Then Friday night we're hosting the "grooms dinner" at the B.B. King Blues Club at The Mirage.  They have very reasonable prices and live music, and private rooms.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are just doing the meet and greet. We will be doing a rehearsal in my parents suites and will order some deli platters and have some refreshments. Then we will be doing the meet and greet from 7:30-10 on the Double Decker Bus. We are planning stops at the Welcome to Las Vegas Sign, Downtown, TI, and Bellagio.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_everyones-meet-greet-plans?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:91Discussion:67f004de-8f38-4dd0-a4f3-ea8e3beb9dc6Post:3dee6726-0d6d-40fc-81f2-507660bad1d0">Re: What is everyone's meet and greet plans?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm late! we're going to the Rio buffet.  Super excited I heard it's the best in LV.
    Posted by aegrish[/QUOTE]

It is yummy and so much food. I'm drooling just thinking about it. We're planning on taking my parents there next week when we go to Vegas with them.

As far as M&G and RD. I have no idea if we're going to have one. FI family is most likely driving out Friday. Not sure when everyone on my side is planning on coming out. But if they're here, maybe we'll do pizza and drinks in our room on Thursday.

I think I'm like the laziest bride ever. I'm so "whatever" & "we'll see" about everything so far, that I'm afraid I'll have a meltdown the week before b/c I havn't planned anything.
  • Options
    aegrishaegrish member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're not hosting our M&G.  It's just an informal 'join us for dinner if you wish' type thing, and we'll just let people know what time we'll be there on the wedding agendas I'm sending out about 2 weeks beforehand.  I'm putting the buffet price on there so people will know it's not hosted.
  • Options
    wallacjewallacje member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_everyones-meet-greet-plans?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:91Discussion:67f004de-8f38-4dd0-a4f3-ea8e3beb9dc6Post:54418914-e131-4092-99d2-840568d86786">Re: What is everyone's meet and greet plans?</a>:
    [QUOTE]We're not hosting our M&G.  It's just an informal 'join us for dinner if you wish' type thing, and we'll just let people know what time we'll be there on the wedding agendas I'm sending out about 2 weeks beforehand.  I'm putting the buffet price on there so people will know it's not hosted.

What are you putting in the wedding agenda? I was trying to figure this out the other day.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_everyones-meet-greet-plans?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:91Discussion:67f004de-8f38-4dd0-a4f3-ea8e3beb9dc6Post:54418914-e131-4092-99d2-840568d86786">Re: What is everyone's meet and greet plans?</a>:
    [QUOTE]We're not hosting our M&G.  It's just an informal 'join us for dinner if you wish' type thing, and we'll just let people know what time we'll be there on the wedding agendas I'm sending out about 2 weeks beforehand.  I'm putting the buffet price on there so people will know it's not hosted.

That is what we did at the Rio. Just an FYI, they are super strict about the 18% gratuity for big parties being paid before you get seated- not at the table. But, my friend went there about 2 hours early and asked for a space for 30 people, and we got a private area. It was kind of a headache in the beginning because no one wanted to leave the 18% and they were like security guards and would not let anyone in unless they had paid it. But once everything was straightened out, we got a nice room where everyone could be together. So I definitely suggest you or a friend go early, otherwise your guests could be waiting for quite a while. Also may want to put a note on your agenda.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We've told everyone they can meet us for dinner at the Wicked Spoon buffet at the Cosmpolitan. It's about $37/person after tax/tip. Most have said they'd be there, some are going to do their own thing that night, which is fine with us!
  • Options
    aegrishaegrish member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_everyones-meet-greet-plans?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:91Discussion:67f004de-8f38-4dd0-a4f3-ea8e3beb9dc6Post:329e11f7-8eef-4f0d-8c73-26c956fd68bc">Re: What is everyone's meet and greet plans?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: What is everyone's meet and greet plans? : What are you putting in the wedding agenda? I was trying to figure this out the other day.
    Posted by wallacje[/QUOTE]

I have 3 differnt ones, family, wedding party and guests.  I can send you them if you want, PM me. 
  • Options
    aegrishaegrish member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_everyones-meet-greet-plans?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:91Discussion:67f004de-8f38-4dd0-a4f3-ea8e3beb9dc6Post:8aa821f4-5b3b-4bce-89a3-4d7317b49c18">Re: What is everyone's meet and greet plans?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: What is everyone's meet and greet plans? : That is what we did at the Rio. Just an FYI, they are super strict about the 18% gratuity for big parties being paid before you get seated- not at the table. But, my friend went there about 2 hours early and asked for a space for 30 people, and we got a private area. It was kind of a headache in the beginning because no one wanted to leave the 18% and they were like security guards and would not let anyone in unless they had paid it. But once everything was straightened out, we got a nice room where everyone could be together. So I definitely suggest you or a friend go early, otherwise your guests could be waiting for quite a while. Also may want to put a note on your agenda.
    Posted by ahhhitsshannyn[/QUOTE]

They wanted to charge me $500 for the private room and it didn't even go towards meals!  18% will be much less compared to that if we can get it.  Thanks for the tip!! once again you are amazing!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thank you, thank you. I felt a little bad since we had a room with a door and everything, and there was an actual wedding party out in the open! I wonder if they didn't make any reservations or anything though?? But if you just show up early, they should at least be able to accommodate seating together.
  • Options
    aegrishaegrish member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_everyones-meet-greet-plans?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:91Discussion:67f004de-8f38-4dd0-a4f3-ea8e3beb9dc6Post:aa5f1d7d-e145-4958-a66b-ae54e7b6580c">Re: What is everyone's meet and greet plans?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thank you, thank you. I felt a little bad since we had a room with a door and everything, and there was an actual wedding party out in the open! I wonder if they didn't make any reservations or anything though?? But if you just show up early, they should at least be able to accommodate seating together.
    Posted by ahhhitsshannyn[/QUOTE]

LOL!! That happened to us at Joe's...they mixed up us being 'newly engaged' with a newly married couple and gave us a secluded table in the back.  I thought my FI had booked it and he thought I had.  We're going to tell everyone to head there 'early' for vegas dinners, probably at 6:30pm, but I'll head there with my FI earlier and see if we can get the room.  Do you know how much it costs?  Website says $24.99 but that seems too cheap and I called but couldn't get any answers!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards