Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

Newbie question FI last minute changes... HELLLLP!!!

Hi! My FI and myself have been planning a very small destination wedding; it was ( was being the operative word) planned for just us and our best friends. As we have bee together since we were teens; our families were on board with this. Well after the Christmas holiday, he has the bright idea that he wants to open the wedding up to invite his family; which meas that I have to invite mine.  So we are thinking that we will have a total of about 25 people to attend.  Well becauase it was going to be such a small event, I never considered having a reception.  Now at the last minute I hae to pull a recepton out of my magic bag of tricks.  So I have been reading the boards and I have checked Planet Hollywood, Mandalay Bay, The Luxor and my favorite is the Cosmopolitan.  I am in the mindset of doing a cocktail party reception, my question is does anyone know if the Cosmopolitan hotel allows outside food and beverage; with this last minute extra expense Ido think  want to use outside caterers for food/beverage/cake.   I am also looking for caterers and a nice bakery!!! PLEASE HELP!!!

Re: Newbie question FI last minute changes... HELLLLP!!!

• Options
    Nobody "allows" outside food and beverage. You just have to be crafty
    *MyBio-> 07.05.2012* UPDATED: 06/08* Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    Hi! I thnk you should look at the Vista Suite at Mandalay Bay and the Stardust Suite at the Orleans. I am not qute sure if th suites at the Cosmopolitan are large enough for a group that size, maybe someone else can chime in. Masterpiece catering is a great option for catering and has been popular on this board. If you have a larger budget, you can check out suites at the Palms, Foundation Room at MB, etc... Hope this helps!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I'm using the stardust. There isn't a crafty way to use outside catering since it is a no bedroom party suite which you book with a f & b minimum
    *MyBio-> 07.05.2012* UPDATED: 06/08* Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    Thanks Ladies!!! Gotta love the hubby... I am looking into masterpeice cuisine.. I did see lots of positive reviews about them... And I have to get a firm number from his family about who is definitely attending, before I can reserve the suite for the reception. I checked MB but the larger suite shows as being booked... I will check the Orleans...and the Palm.... I loooove the palm ... I stayed there the last time I went to Vegas....
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_newbie-question-fi-last-minute-changes-hellllp?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:91Discussion:6bbf7e2b-29e1-456a-994d-1233f6bbd39dPost:e8cc5708-e6ed-4314-907b-1091e63d3e86">Re: Newbie question FI last minute changes... HELLLLP!!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thanks Ladies!!! Gotta love the hubby... I am looking into masterpeice cuisine.. I did see lots of positive reviews about them... And I have to get a firm number from his family about who is definitely attending, before I can reserve the suite for the reception. I checked MB but the larger suite shows as being booked... I will check the Orleans...and the Palm.... I loooove the palm ... I stayed there the last time I went to Vegas....
    Posted by nycole09[/QUOTE]

I'm getting married at The Palms! Hosting the reception in a fantasy suite! so excited! they do have some free ceremony locations too... but FYI for the reception all food and drink is done in-house with a minimum... feel free to PM me if you wanna know more... I'm not the master... hah but I know what our setup is thru them..

Congrats! Planning for Vegas is SO much fun! Enjoy!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards