Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

June 25 Reviews - Long!!

So, I had all of this typed out last week and then I lost it all so it's taken me until today to get back to it. We had such an amazing time and our wedding was perfect. We had almost 70 guests and everyone had the time of their lives. It's so strange to say that I am a Mrs. now!! The best advice I can give is to plan everything well enough that you can take time with your guests and your soon-to-be-husband to just enjoy! We want to go back tomorrow and a bunch of our closest friends are already booking a weekend in LV next June. Viva Las Vegas!!

Planet Hollywood A : Everyone loved their rooms and we got upgraded to a Panorama Suite for our first night. We booked the Panorama for the rest of our trip and we are so happy we did. It was a great meeting place for all of our guests and we used it for the bachelorette party and the meet & greet party the night before the wedding. Although the pool might not be the nicest on the Strip, we thought it was perfect for us and our guests and it was so lively and so much fun! The one big gripe we had was our guests were all to receive “The Bottles On Us!” promotion and not everyone was getting it and we had to go through our group reservations contact to rectify. We had the Apex Suite for our reception after the wedding and it was PERFECT! We had 68 people and there was plenty of room. Everyone was so impressed… definitely recommend PH and our group reservations contact, Odessa Shepherd, was a rock star! She got back to me whenever I had questions, she came through with every request, except having family on the same floor as us, which was super annoying when they were taking care of our 17 month old, but it worked out OK. The central location on the Strip, the proximity to great restaurants and all the great shopping made this the perfect spot for us! NOTE: if you get the APEX suite, make sure you bring your own IPod dock – I had read this and forgot and the music was super low all night. We still partied hard, but it would have been much better with music that everyone could hear.

Lee’s Discount Liquor Store A+ : This place is PHENOMENAL! They were so helpful and the prices were ridiculous! Straight down Flamingo off the Strip. Just GO!

Fit for a Bride A+ : Debbie and Donna were so great. My dress and FI’s suit came back perfectly and they were so concerned about everything and when it’s your dress, you really appreciate that they care as much as you do. Highly recommend!

Mammoth Entertainment Limo A+ and B- : A+ on the night of my bachelorette party… Dan, our driver, was amazing! He took us everywhere, played great music, the limo bus we had was great for our party of 20 crazy girls. He even went back to the hotel to get some girls when their flight came in late and offered to help me in when I was a little more than tipsy at the end of the night ;-). He gets a B- on the day of our wedding because he was late picking us up and after he dropped us off at Caesars for the ceremony, I told him that we were on a very tight schedule and he needed to pick us up right away to meet our guests at the LV sign and he left our families and us standing outside in the blazing heat for 30 minutes. Nonetheless, he was very apologetic and still was so pleasant and professional. Traffic happens in LV so I would still recommend him.

Caesars Palace A+ : Our wedding coordinator, Melissa Thomas, was great, she answered all of my questions promptly and she was great on the day of our wedding. When my hair was falling out, she got me hairspray and bobby pins and when I forgot our wedding CD, she got the music guy and sorted us all out. My MOH luckily had an IPhone and downloaded the songs I needed and we were good to go. A minor meltdown diverted! The Venus Garden was dreamy, it felt like I was in a fairytale. I can’t recommend it enough. So happy that we chose this venue!

Double Decker Bus of LV A : Our guests had so much fun on their tour of the Strip after the wedding. We had the bus pick up our guests at Planet Hollywood and take them to CP and then wait for them after the ceremony and then took them all to the LV sign to meet us for pictures. Unfortunately because our limo was late picking us up from CP, the driver was getting ready to leave them all there but FI’s cousin’s husband paid the driver for another hour and then all was well! Not his fault but it was a minor glitch. It was well worth the money and I would recommend getting this bus! Too much fun!

Bently & Wilson Photography A+ : Of course we haven’t received our photos yet from Todd, but true to his reputation, he was amazing! He showed up and just started snapping pictures and didn’t stop until way late into the night. Our guests loved him, we loved him and we can’t wait to see the final product!!

Imagine Photo Studios @ Caesars Palace A : I’m sorry I can’t remember our photog’s name but he was super nice and I love the photos he took. We only had him for the short ceremony and for a few group family shots right after and we were rushing him so we could get to the LV sign to meet our guests but I’m sure he would have done more amazing photos if given the time. As great as the pics are, in hindsight I wish we would have just paid the outside vendor fee to CP ($200) to have Todd shoot the ceremony because the cost is outrageous for the prints (each 4 x 6 is $6.00!!). We have over 100 photos to choose from and we like so many… that is going to be one big bill!!

To view our pics, just click:
www.photoreflect.com/scripts/prsm.dll?eventthumbs?event=0KFE03F7">www.photoreflect.com/scripts/prsm.dll?eventthumbs?event=0KFE03F7" target="_blank">http://www.photoreflect.com/scripts/prsm.dll?eventthumbs?event=0KFE03F7 
 and the pw is 'scotts'

Cake Designs LV A+ : Dawn was so great to work with even when we kept changing our mind on design and colours. She was always so helpful and prompt with returning emails. The cake came on time and it was perfect! We had marble with chocolate mousse and red velvet with cream cheese and both were amazing but the red velvet was mouth-wateringly good!! Definitely recommend them!

Absolute Beverage A : Our bartender, I think his name was Greg, was great. He was a little scattered and confused on where to go, even after I told him a couple of times that day but he came dressed very professionally and he poured lots and lots of drinks. He stayed late (he was getting great tips) and cleaned as much as he could throughout the night.

Glamsquad B- : Let me preface this by saying that in the pics I have seen so far, I don’t mind my make-up and hair. Having said that, James didn’t listen to what I asked for but because he was an hour late, I didn’t have time to get it fixed. I wanted to feel amazing on my wedding day and I just didn’t. Chad and Elise actually showed up early and they get an A+ for personality but my MOH had her hair done by Chad and after showing him pics of what she wanted, he did something completely out of left field and it was not pretty. She asked him to fix it and even after fixing it, although better than his first attempt, it was not good. She ended up washing her hair and doing it herself and it turned out beautifully. Chad also did my MIL’s hair and she was semi-happy with it but wasn’t excited about it. They left and finally James showed up an hour late to do airbrush make-up on my MOH, my mom, and MIL and hair and airbrush make-up on me. I think that all of their make-up turned out beautifully but all said that he put too much eye make-up on them. My MIL felt like she got her make-up done for her coffin! I showed James 4 or 5 pics of every angle of the hair I wanted and specifically said I wanted natural looking make-up and no heavy black eyeliner. My hair was OK but kept falling out (thankfully Melissa @ CP helped me out!) and I got lots of black eyeliner. As soon as he finished, I had to jump into my dress and run down to do our first look, which I was one hour late for. We had Todd for a 2 hour strip tour of photos before the wedding that turned into about 45 minutes because James was so late. I didn’t get half of the pics that I wanted… James didn’t even apologize. He wasn’t even very pleasant to be honest. For the cost, almost $800 with tip, I wouldn’t recommend them. Maybe it was an off day for them… after all the great reviews I was so excited to have them and I was just really disappointed.

Earl of Sandwich A+ : We ate here everyday of our 6 day trip and it was delicious every time! Highly recommend the Hawaiian bbq chicken… YUM!

Lombardo’s Italian F : This is in the Miracle Mile Shops down by Blondie’s Pub. It was over-priced and DISGUSTING. Don’t eat here.

P.F. Changs A+ : Always delicious! Every city we go to, FI and I scout out the closest one and it’s always some of our best meals. For the price, you have to go here! Right in the Miracle Mile Shops.

If anyone wants more info on any of the vendors we used, just send me a msg!

Re: June 25 Reviews - Long!!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Great reviews!! 

did you book your PH rooms online or did you phone up to make the reservation? I want the Panorama suite for a couple of nights, and couple of regular rooms too, but I was gonna just book online. Do you think its better to do it over the phone and deal directly with someone?
    Thanks
  • Options
    GribblesGribbles member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Great reviews! I am starting to get a little concerned about the Glamsquad complaints that are coming out of the woodwork - being late and not following your brief are probably the two worst ways they could mess up!

I am glad that you had a great day! Congratulations!

www.mywedding.com/benandpetra
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Thanks for the review , It seem that you had a wonderful day.Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Options
    Sloane99Sloane99 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks so much for the detailed reviews.

I'm with Gribbles, I'm getting more concerned about Glamsquad, although I will say that there's a pattern, those brides that have an idea of what they want going in seem to have worse reviews - as in they weren't able to make that vision come to life. Brides that had no real ideas seem to be happier. I wonder if they just do similar things for everyone and when asked to deviate from that they kind of fall down?

Regardless penticost, you looked stunning and I never would have guessed that you didn't feel amazing that day.
    2 IVFs & 1 FET. Welcome home baby girl!
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Great reviews! Your wedding was beauitful..your son is too cute and you looked beauitful. Congrats!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Congratulations!  Sorry you had some issues with glamsquad, but you really look do look beautiful!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am seriously thinking of cancelling Glamsquad.  I have a ways to go, but these reviews lately are scaring the hell outta me :(
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Do you have a bio or any pics?  I'd love to see.  I can't believe that MOH had to wash and re-do her hair.  That really sucks!  I'm like you I just want to feel beautiful and this running late thing is a ongoing complaint.  
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Great pictures and thanks for the reviews!  Being late is unprofessional and all clients need to be treated with respect! I'm sorry about your difficulties with Glamsquad, but honestly I think your hair and make up look fabulous! 

Hopefuly it's just a fluke and not becoming normal practice for them.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Congratulations!!  I too am sorry things didn't go the way you planned, but you did look amazing and your dress was gorgeous!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Despite the issues with hair and makeup you still looked great.  And your MOH looked great too (loved her dress). 

Is that an X ring I saw on your right hand in one of your pics? 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    ellenalabamaellenalabama member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree with PP's you looked beautiful!  It sucks you didn't have a good experience:(  You are totally right you should FEEL amazing too on your wedding day!

I booked Glamsquad and am starting to get VERY nervous about the negative reviews especially since they told me that James would be the one doing my hair and make-up.  I'm not a bride who doesn't know what she wants (I know just how I want my hair) so, I hope that won't be a problem.  Hopefully, The Knot will work it's magic and Glamsquad will straighten up!  It's been known to mysteriously happen with other vendors:)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    uh, ok missed the big ass link in  the middle for the pics.  lol.  it was early when i was looking :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the great reviews. Sorry to hear you had hair and make up issues but you'd never be able to tell from your pics, you looked gorgeous.... and I have to say your little boy is sooo cute! Fi wants red for our colour scheme too and I wasn't sure but after looking at your photos and your red flowers and bridesmaid dress I really like the red and I might just let him have his way!!
  • Options
    MNVegasMNVegas member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congratulations! I would have never guessed you had hair/makeup issues. You looked so beautiful!
  • Options
    ppenticostppenticost member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for all your notes, makes me feel better! I forgot to review the seller  babystevie from Etsy... she made the red bowtie and it was so cute and she was great to deal with. I hope it was just a fluke for GS... they have been so positively reviewed the whole time I've been on the Knot.

Lorita - I went directly through group reservations. We had a block of 21 rooms and had to put down a $2000 deposit and if we didn't meet the 21 rooms, we had to pay the first night of the rooms that didn't get used. Just call Odessa and discuss your options, she is so great!

kimbb - yes, it's an X ring! I graduated in 2000. Are you from NS?
  • Options
    sunkissed364sunkissed364 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Your pictures are terrific! You looked gorgeous and you really would never have guessed you had make-up/hair problems. I'm getting married at the Venus Garden next April and your reviews have helped me out so much! :)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    ppenticost - yep, I'm from NS!  Born and raised there, living in ON now.  My dad went to X and I seriously considered it (went to Acadia instead, graduated '98).
  • Options
    ppenticostppenticost member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    kimbb - small world! you should have gone to X... haha... kidding, Acadia is a super fun school too, partied down there a few times with friends! I was supposed to grad in 97 but took a few years off... so you might know some of my friends from CB. I live in BC now and love it but sure wish I was closer to home :-(
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    You are from CB?  My parents are from CB so I spent lots of time there as a kid.  I definitely met a bunch of Capers at school.  I used to think I should have went to X, but my life would likely have turned out a lot differently if I did.  I was also supposed to grad in '97.  Took a year off to work so I could get work experience and $$ to pay for final year.  You look so young in your photos I didn't think we could have graduated around the same time!  Cheers to NS!  And to your and your new hubby! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards