Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

*Mango Margarita*

Hey!!

Can you give me an idea of pricing on drinks at wicked spoon? They really arent giving me much information

Re: *Mango Margarita*

• Options
    edited January 2013
    They run different promos every month on drinks. In November, when we got married it was selected bottles of wine for $20/$25. 

Mixed drinks were about $8/$10 ea. on the bill at the end of the night. They were running a drink promo too at that time, certain drinks were $5ea ( This wasn't what I had been told prior, so we had an issue but resolved it).

We were only 10pp so consumption was the best option for us.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_mango-margarita?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:91Discussion:6f201dca-f240-4081-81b9-ed2ace63b313Post:3101effb-e29f-4bb5-b787-755877ffa41f">Re: *Mango Margarita*</a>:
    [QUOTE]They run different promos every month on drinks. In November, when we got married it was selected bottles of wine for $20/$25.  Mixed drinks were about $8/$10 ea. on the bill at the end of the night. They were running a drink promo too at that time, certain drinks were $5ea ( This wasn't what I had been told prior, so we had an issue but resolved it). We were only 10pp so consumption was the best option for us.
    Posted by Mango Margarita[/QUOTE]

Cool. did you find out prior to your wedding about the promos or the night of? When i ask the coordinator she said they dont run promotions. Id like to find out what they are because we are having limited drink options to keep costs down. I guess ill email her and ask her to let me know what the will be for that month.

thank you!
  • Options
    EmiliaC01EmiliaC01 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer First Comment
    edited January 2013
    Know this was intended for Mango but thought i'd jump in... I think I may have a drink list from Wicked Spoon when I was determining consumption or drink package. I think beers were around 4 to 6 dollars and wine was over 10... Not all of my guests drink or drink a lot, but some can drink quite a bit and with wine being expensive by the glass for the wine drinkers, I decided on the package so I didn't have to worry about the total cost at the end; know up front. Figured some would go over the cost and some wouldnt but would mostly even out. The unlimited beer and wine package is currently 25 dollars per adult.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_mango-margarita?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:91Discussion:6f201dca-f240-4081-81b9-ed2ace63b313Post:cd5d3f32-29d1-465b-a5b9-bbc027f920f5">Re: *Mango Margarita*</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: *Mango Margarita* : Cool. did you find out prior to your wedding about the promos or the night of? When i ask the coordinator she said they dont run promotions. Id like to find out what they are because we are having limited drink options to keep costs down. I guess ill email her and ask her to let me know what the will be for that month. thank you!
    Posted by gnc0988[/QUOTE]

<div>Truth be told, I signed my contract 4 days before so they were already running the promo when I booked. I think we went through 3 bottles of wine and 5 pina coladas. She did tell me they run monthly specials over the phone.</div><div>
    </div><div>BIL used to work at Cosmo and might be going back in the next few weeks. If he does, I will see if he knows what the deal is. You can always call WS directly in the beginning of the  month and ask what drink specials are. Then you can decide if you want to add a drink package or pay on consumption; they'll never say no to adding more $ to your package!</div>
  • Options
    I just looked at my contract to check. I did give you incorrect cake info the other day! Our cake was 6", not 8".
  • Options
    Mango, you already had your wedding dinner at Wicked Spoon? If so, did you decorate the tables at all or add anything yourself? I booked WS and am now wondering if I should bring anything for the tables...
  • Options
    gnc0988gnc0988 member
    First Comment
    edited January 2013
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_mango-margarita?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:91Discussion:6f201dca-f240-4081-81b9-ed2ace63b313Post:5522d413-5512-4e97-993d-96895102d46a">Re: *Mango Margarita*</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: *Mango Margarita* : Truth be told, I signed my contract 4 days before so they were already running the promo when I booked. I think we went through 3 bottles of wine and 5 pina coladas. She did tell me they run monthly specials over the phone. BIL used to work at Cosmo and might be going back in the next few weeks. If he does, I will see if he knows what the deal is. You can always call WS directly in the beginning of the  month and ask what drink specials are. Then you can decide if you want to add a drink package or pay on consumption; they'll never say no to adding more $ to your package!

I think we will jyst do my consumption because not everyone drinks, or if they do they dont drink much. my step dad doesnt drink at all and it wouldnt make sense to pay a drunk package for him or otheres who dont drink u know?
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_mango-margarita?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:91Discussion:6f201dca-f240-4081-81b9-ed2ace63b313Post:0d0c446a-8a4b-4876-b802-c1b66cc76743">Re: *Mango Margarita*</a>:
    [QUOTE]I just looked at my contract to check. I did give you incorrect cake info the other day! Our cake was 6", not 8".

they quoted me about $100 for an 8inch vanilla cake
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_mango-margarita?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:91Discussion:6f201dca-f240-4081-81b9-ed2ace63b313Post:c9746ff8-304f-4969-bf3d-6b752d5978bc">Re: *Mango Margarita*</a>:
    [QUOTE]Mango, you already had your wedding dinner at Wicked Spoon? If so, did you decorate the tables at all or add anything yourself? I booked WS and am now wondering if I should bring anything for the tables...
    Posted by EmiliaC01[/QUOTE]

we are going to do just table numbers and i would like to do pocketfolded purple napkins with a thank you note and wedding mad libs on top of gold placemats.
  • Options
    If you ladies don't mind, I want to jump in to this convo as well since my wedding is there next month. Good idea about calling for the drink special prices. Drinks are one of my worries just because I don't know how much people are going to consume and we are mix of drinkers and lightweights.

When I did my scouting trip in November, I asked about dropping stuff of for the wedding and Danielle told me you can do that on the day of like in the morning and they will set them for you (centerpieces).
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_mango-margarita?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:91Discussion:6f201dca-f240-4081-81b9-ed2ace63b313Post:c9746ff8-304f-4969-bf3d-6b752d5978bc">Re: *Mango Margarita*</a>:
    [QUOTE]Mango, you already had your wedding dinner at Wicked Spoon? If so, did you decorate the tables at all or add anything yourself? I booked WS and am now wondering if I should bring anything for the tables...
    Posted by EmiliaC01[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>No, we just went with their standard set-up and it was fine. I wouldn't have put anything extra on the tables anyway. It was enough to find a place to keep my purse handy without putting it on the floor!</div><div>
    </div><div>Between plates, glasses, flatware and misc., there wouldn't have been room for centerpieces without it being crowded. Keep in mind people eat at different paces so you may have multiple plates on the table at one time - whether someone grabs two in order not to make another trip or waiting to be bussed - water glasses, soda glasses, wine/drink glasses take up room too.

</div>
  • Options
    EmiliaC01EmiliaC01 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer First Comment
    edited January 2013
    That was concern for me too evil... Some people drink, some don't, and varying degrees. I figured the wine drinkers might go over if by consumption, and the beer is hit or miss. I figured for us it would even out roughly, or even if it was a little more than consumption, I didn't want to stress about the bill all of dinner or limit guests, so I just budgeted for it and made cuts elsewhere. I agree that it's a hard choice to make, either way! Thanks for centerpiece feedback all!
  • Options
    Lady Mango,

I'm concern of the cake cutting time. Did you tell them what time you want them to bring the cake out or they just brought it out whenever. What was your timing? Did they provide to go boxes for your cake? We won't be able to eat the whole cake. Thank you for your help!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_mango-margarita?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:91Discussion:6f201dca-f240-4081-81b9-ed2ace63b313Post:4b0090c8-8939-4d63-a6f8-2e268adb9af6">Re: *Mango Margarita*</a>:
    [QUOTE]Lady Mango, I'm concern of the cake cutting time. Did you tell them what time you want them to bring the cake out or they just brought it out whenever. What was your timing? Did they provide to go boxes for your cake? We won't be able to eat the whole cake. Thank you for your help!
    Posted by eviliciouz[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>I told them when I was ready that night. Once I knew everyone was done eating, I asked for it to be brought out.</div><div>
    </div><div>My MIL did bring her slice home and I sent one home with my mom to freeze - they gave us a box for each but it took them time to find them. How much do you think you will have leftover?</div><div>
    </div><div>Also: avoid getting ribbon on your cake! It was beautiful but cutting was a pain. It doesnt just move down with the knife.

</div>
  • Options
    I think we might have quite a bit leftover since probably people will be super full. Oh yeah my cake won't have ribbons on them. Our cake is going to be like this one http://pinterest.com/pin/142215300704657046/ but one tier and only for 20 people.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_mango-margarita?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:91Discussion:6f201dca-f240-4081-81b9-ed2ace63b313Post:45eab8ec-d74c-4dea-9eda-563d337e69b6">Re: *Mango Margarita*</a>:
    [QUOTE]I think we might have quite a bit leftover since probably people will be super full. Oh yeah my cake won't have ribbons on them. Our cake is going to be like this one <a href="http://pinterest.com/pin/142215300704657046/" rel="nofollow">http://pinterest.com/pin/142215300704657046/</a> but one tier and only for 20 people.
    Posted by eviliciouz[/QUOTE]

<div>That is adorable!!!</div><div>
    </div><div>I only mentioned the ribbon because we almost destroyed the cake cutting it - we could not cut past it!</div><div>
    </div><div>If you want to keep it in one piece to bring back to your room, ask ahead of time for the box to be saved so they aren't scrambling for one.  You can ask ahead of time to make sure individual boxes are available, not sure if they would charge though.</div><div>
    </div><div>I think I saw a package of cake boxes st Joanns for $10/20pcs. Or you can get a package of the cake bags inexpensively to give guests. The bags will be less cumbersome to carry around.</div>
  • Options
    I think I will email Danielle and ask about boxes. If they will charged us, I will buy some at Jo Ann's. Thank you for the super great idea!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards