Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

Artisan Hotel forclosed

I was reading the Vegas Sun and noticed.  I would  be worried about booking my wedding at this property due to the recent news. It with change hands at some point...and what changes will be made?

Re: Artisan Hotel forclosed

• Options
    rachel.wengerrachel.wenger member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Foreclosure = Bad. 

From working in banking, I would avoid booking my wedding with them.  If you have already, see if you can get out of it so that you can get your money back. 

Sorry to hear about that!!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    just my luck.  i was planning to be married there in just a few weeks.  time to make phone calls.Frown
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    that's too bad.  Good luck to you finding a new place.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm sure you'll get in with-in 2 weeks.I would be worried about more long term bookings. Good luck with your up coming wedding!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I just emailed the WC (it is Christmas Day afterall).  Hope to hear from her soon!  In the mean time thinking about plan B.  Thanks for the encouragement.
  • Options
    mloeksmloeks member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    A make up artist I know did a wedding there this week, so there are weddings currently still being held.
  • Options
    rachel.wengerrachel.wenger member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    They may still be holding weddings, but there is only a certain time period that they have to respond to a foreclosure.  It is the same thing with a foreclosed home.  One day you can show up and the locks can be changed and your home closed up!  I used to work in the mortgage industry for a few years.  Foreclosure is BAD.  Even worse then bankruptcy in my mind.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Menendwe you should call Maria you have a lot better chances calling her a few times then her emailing you back..

Now I am little glad I changed venues a few weeks ago..
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I was planning on contacting the Artisan next week to put down a deposit. All I have to say is thank God that I procrastination and now I have time to look for other places. Total bummer though. . .
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I about freaked out when I saw this! I have booked my wedding there for May 15th, 2010.  I called Maria when I saw this post, and she said that the hotel is NOT closing, and that it won't affect anyone's weddings for next year at all at this point.  She said that they have plenty of weddings booked and everything is going to be fine with them.  Thanks for the heads up though ladies! Phew!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards