Nevada-Las Vegas

Re: I'm new... intro

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Welcome Camille!
    I know exactly what you mean with the unwilling to travel comment, but trust me it isn't true!! Your hopes will be dashed...we have half coming from Florida and the other half from Scotland and we are looking between 50-70 people......YIKES!!

This board is so helpful so good luck in all of your planning!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Sara191431Sara191431 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
  • Options
    edited December 2011
  • Options
    lsvenssonlsvensson member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Welcome to the board, happy planning!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies...
    This shiit is stressful!
  • Options
    Tyeast69Tyeast69 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_im-new-intro?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:91Discussion:74f11484-bb3c-42d5-88e9-915c7af280dcPost:ce761a21-1656-4aa8-886f-cd8e74bbb1ae">I'm new... intro</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi :) I am usually on the bump, but I wanted to come over here and say hi because we have just finalized our plan to have our wedding in VEGAS!! We got engaged last February, and then I found out I was pregnant 2 months later. So now we are just getting around to planning our wedding. LV is a good decision for us because I have family all around the country, and FI's family is huge and (hopefully) most of them are unwilling to travel. I'm looking forward to getting to know you ladies!!
    Posted by CamilleJon[/QUOTE]

Welcome! I'm in a similar situation as you...we were planning a May 2011 wedding last year until I found out I was pregnant with my second child (a baby girl!) I just had her on Feb. 10th so now we are focused on getting married next year. FI didn't want to wait a whole extra year but I told him I have weight to lose! lol
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_im-new-intro?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:91Discussion:74f11484-bb3c-42d5-88e9-915c7af280dcPost:04266305-5303-4bdd-b3c2-bcfcda110dd3">Re: I'm new... intro</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to I'm new... intro : Welcome! I'm in a similar situation as you...we were planning a May 2011 wedding last year until I found out I was pregnant with my second child (a baby girl!) I just had her on Feb. 10th so now we are focused on getting married next year. FI didn't want to wait a whole extra year but<strong> I told him I have weight to lose! lol
    </strong>Posted by Tyeast69[/QUOTE]
    I know! Me, too. We considered November, but I need an extra couple months! It's bad enough trying to lose weight for a wedding... but having to lose<em> baby weight</em> for a wedding is like 10x harder!!!
  • Options
    MeatAuditorMeatAuditor member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That's the problem with Vegas - almost everyone will travel here!
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    jccswljccswl member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Welcome and congrats! How do you like the bump? I'm kind of scared of posting over there. I keep hearing there some over the top moms over there.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Welcome to the board!! Happy planning!
  • Options
    mizutamababymizutamababy member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Welcome and good luck with your wedding plans!  :D
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hi and welcome! I have the opposite problem, I can't seem to get people to come, lol. Maybe you can tell your FI's family to come to my wedding - HA!
    Happy planning!
  • Options
    direy25direy25 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Welcome!
    Married 5.6.11

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

• Options
    edited December 2011
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_im-new-intro?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:91Discussion:74f11484-bb3c-42d5-88e9-915c7af280dcPost:e05b31f7-ad59-42e7-ab00-8711f80a374c">Re: I'm new... intro</a>:
    [QUOTE]Welcome and congrats! How do you like the bump? I'm kind of scared of posting over there. I keep hearing there some over the top moms over there.
    Posted by jccswl[/QUOTE]
    Well there definitly is... it's fun, though, and I mostly post on my month board (Dec. 2010) and that stays pretty mellow most of the time. We have all been together since our BFP.
    You come on over and give it a try!
  • Options
    smokeybaileysmokeybailey member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_im-new-intro?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:91Discussion:74f11484-bb3c-42d5-88e9-915c7af280dcPost:880d16eb-79d9-4793-96a1-67cbc2e73c25">Re: I'm new... intro</a>:
    [QUOTE]That's the problem with Vegas - almost everyone will travel here!
    Posted by MeatAuditor[/QUOTE]

And if you are a savvy traveler, Vegas can be VERY affordable.  Don't invite anyone that you don't want there because they WILL come!
    Bi-oh-rama
    Now with more wedded bliss.

I don't get married often, but when I do, I do it in Las Vegas.

"Lvharpy could be your AE." - direy25
    "smokeybailey is the one shining beacon of light in this steaming turd of a thread." - daffodil_jill
    "The almighty smokeybailey has spoken." - some bitch on the Las Vegas board

• Options
    aegrishaegrish member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_im-new-intro?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:91Discussion:74f11484-bb3c-42d5-88e9-915c7af280dcPost:e92895e7-3aee-400b-9f89-3092122a0fa1">Re: I'm new... intro</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: I'm new... intro : And if you are a savvy traveler, Vegas can be VERY affordable. <strong> Don't invite anyone that you don't want there because they WILL come!
    </strong>Posted by smokeybailey[/QUOTE]

soooo true!!
    welcome!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards