Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions

Any "Friends" fans that could help me out?

So when Ross and Emily get married they have a band playing in the background. Finding the name of the band was easy, but I cannot find their version of "Here Comes the Bride." The general consensus on the internet is that there is no recorded version of this, but I thought I would give TK a try and see if anyone had better luck. Side note: FI has three sisters and I bonded with them over our mutal love of the show! I would really like to use it for this reason in additiin to it being a beautiful rendition of the song.

Re: Any "Friends" fans that could help me out?

• AdeleDazeemAdeleDazeem member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited February 2012
    I found this website that says they played their own version live for the scene.
    http://www.friends-tv.org/music.html#424

Are you having a violinist or other live musician for the ceremony?  You might be able to just play them the song and have them come up with their own interpretation.  I did this for my own walk down the aisle.  I wanted "The Wedding" from Legends of the Fall, but it was for a quartet and we only had a violinist.  He put something together for me.

If you want recorded music, you might be able to record that part of the show and edit out the voices/talking, etc so you are just left with the music.

Good luck!
  • I would suggest finding live musicians to play it for you - they can adapt the original from the score and come up with something close to the Friends version.  It's nice to have live music too!  And they can play prelude music, etc. before you come in, a piece during the signing or candle lighting...
  • I never even considered having someone do it live! Thank you both so much for the idea.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards