Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

Question!

Good morning Vegas brides,

I want to book my photographer but would like to know how much time is needed for photos before the ceremony and after/before dinner?

We also wanted some pictures at sunset and maybe a few at night....not sure what time this occurs in July? 

Thanks ladies :)
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Question!

• Options
    aegrishaegrish member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would check a sunset calender for exact times in July.  We have our photographer from 2-5pm for a strip tour and formal/posed photos pre-ceremony.  Then he's coming back to our reception from approx. 9pm-1am (but only charged us for 2 hours, yay).  We couldn't find a photographer within our budget that could stay with us the ENTIRE day (and it'd be a waste having them for the ceremony since outside photogs are not allowed at Caesars).  We also wanted the photog for late into the reception because we have Travis Allen coming, and my FI and I want to go to the LV sign ALONE after the reception ends for a few shots.  Hope that is what you were looking for?
  • Options
    davidsbride21davidsbride21 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Thanks aegrish!  When is your wedding day?

I don't want to do the photos before the ceremony because I want to keep some tradition in the wedding day...lol....and not see each other until the ceremony.  We want to keep the package to 6 hrs so I am trying to figure out a timeline for pictures.  I see you are splitting up your photo session...I guess most photogs are ok with that? 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    aegrishaegrish member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_question-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:91Discussion:76ca01a7-a8f1-44f1-a9e6-52cab9f72e53Post:19ec39a3-bf7b-4131-975f-dbd1f63c6e79">Re: Question!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thanks aegrish!  When is your wedding day? I don't want to do the photos before the ceremony because I want to keep some tradition in the wedding day...lol....and not see each other until the ceremony.  We want to keep the package to 6 hrs so I am trying to figure out a timeline for pictures.  I see you are splitting up your photo session...I<strong> guess most photogs are ok with that? 
    </strong>Posted by davidsbride21[/QUOTE]

No, I think the opposite is true, most of them book in blocks and will not split up the time.  My photographer does multiple weddings a day (he and his wife own a 'wedding company') so he is doing another wedding during my ceremony and the first part of the reception.

If you want photos post-ceremony or reception, I would just make sure your timing is set up so your guests aren't waiting until super late to eat dinner or lunch.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Can you give more details of when your wedding/reception times are?

If you want a strip tour, you will need at least two hours for that.
  • Options
    davidsbride21davidsbride21 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi ricekim,

That's what I am trying to finalize now.  We are thinking ceremony at 430 so dinner at 730 to 930 (we are not having a reception since we will only have a small group).  And at some point FI and I want some sunset shots/night photos with the lights. So add that to an hour of "getting ready" shots before ceremony I think we may get it in 6 hrs. LOL.  That's what I am hoping....and its hard trying to fit it all in there.  I have yet to book a restaurant because we are unsure of number of guests...may be 10, may be 20...not sure, so we do not want to book and spend that kind of money and we cannot send out invites until we have our ceremony booked.  Decisions, decisions...

What I do know is we have a photog available and we have venus garden at caesar's available....book that and then i can send out invites.  I am doing an online invitation because we are in the bahamas.  This may sound tacky to some but the post here is terrible...would cost us a fortune to send to Canada and England (where our freinds and families live) from here and they may not even get there. Also just to order and have them shipped here to be addressed would be cost so much with the duty. Maybe I will try and post to see what you guys think. 

Ahhhh stress.....
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think you'll be fine with 6 hours. I would ask some of the married ladies how long their photo tours took, but I am pretty sure the consensus when I searched the boards was 2 hours for strip tour.

I would say the restaurant is the last of your worries. We recently went through a switch in reception venues and plenty of restaurants still had availability 90 days out, and we're getting married in June. Maggianos would be the only exception since they are so popular. Get a good idea on head count, then go from there.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards