Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

when did you book your cake - and where?

how far in advance did you guys start coordinating your wedding cake?

and which bakery did you use or do you reccommend? 

thanks!

Re: when did you book your cake - and where?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    A lot of people on the Vegas Board like Freed's they I think are the oldest bakery in town and do a wonderful job. I like to go there myself for pastry's

I love little pastry chefs which is who I am going with. I am doing a Chocolate Cake with a chocolate fudge filling for my guy and for me I am doing a Vanilla Cake with a custard filling and fresh cut strawberries in the center. I can't wait. We did this months ago but I don't remember exactly.
    this is the inspiration cake
    this is the bow that will be on the top of the cake
    these are the butterflies that we will be using

• Options
    atlcatloveratlcatlover member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The cake was one of the last things I booked.  I knew I was going to have to pay for it when I ordered it so I waited :)

I probably only booked it 6 weeks in advance and I used Freeds and loved my cake.
  • Options
    SunnyCanadianSunnyCanadian member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

We're planning on using Creations Bakery because they're Maggiano's preferred cake vendor (and it will go towards our room minimum). I started emailing Susie I think in Nov or Dec last year and our wedding is this May.

If you want to see some of her work, find Creations Bakery on Facebook because the pictures are more updated than on her website.

But if you try contacting her, just to let you know I received an email from her in early Jan. saying she had a family emergency and won't be available for awhile but she would email me when she is available again.

We haven't signed a contract or anything yet so I hope it still works out! She has created the exact cake I want so I really want to use her.

BFP #1 MM/C discovered at 8w2d, loss 11/18/11
    I'll hold you in my heart until I hold you in heaven
    BFP #2 7/7/12, EDD 3/14/13, stick baby stick!
    image Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We went with cake designs lv.  I booked the cake in December for a May wedding. We did it so early because we were down there and wanted to taste cakes before ordering them.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm going through a friend's husband.  He works for Albertson's, but has a private business on the side.  I put in the order in November for our March wedding.  I however did not have to pay up front, so I could order early.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I plan on using http://www.gimmesomesugaronline.com/ . I did the DIY cake tasting and was happy with everything. I will probably book them within the next month for my April wedding.
    2011-2012 Races
    10/29/11 LA RockNRoll Min Half (5K) 42:58
    12/4/11 Vegas RockNRoll Half 3:14:53
    1/7/12 WDW Half 3:13:42
    1/15/12 RnR AZ 2:55:27 (PR!!)
    1/29/12 Tinkerbell 1/2 3:22:37 (To many picture stops!lol)
    Me:32 DH:33
    IFV w/ DE Only Option (On Hold For Now)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    The cake was one of the first things I ordered.  I put in my deposit roughly 6 months in advance.  We went with Cake Designs LV.

This is what we sent to them.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We're going with Cake Designs LV... I just booked about a week ago for my March 12th wedding... Dawn told us as long as we gave them 2 weeks, it shouldn't be a problem.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Cake Designs LV seems to be the most popular with this board.  i'll have to check them out.  thanks girls!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm using creations bakery.  sunnyCanadian is right! they have much better pics on their facebook page than their actual website. I went for a tasting and it was so good! We have chocalate and vanilla cake layered with chocolate mousse filling. Here is a picture of our cake. It will be in white with Navy and hot pink. The hot pink bow on top will look really great! She showed me another pic like this. :)

Lindsay

www.mywedding.com/adamandlindsayworth

• Options
    malanismalanis member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are going with Freeds.  We booked them in Dec for our June wedding.  We were able to just walk right in and sit for a tasting without having to have an appointment.  This worked out really well for us since we were in Vegas visiting family and managed to just "get away" for a little while. The cake and icing flavors were all so delicious, we had a hard time choosing just three!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards