North Carolina
Options

Affordable Barn Venues and Flowers!

I am looking for a cute barn venue in the piedmont area. I feel like I have looked at every barn in the area and they are all so pricey, have too many stipulations, or are not what I'm looking for. For example, the Winmock barn has been so heavily renovated that it doesn't give off the rustic vibe I'm wanting. I'd like something a little more "dirty" if you will. 

Also, any suggestions on local florists that are affordable AND reliable? 

I am getting marrie din May 2013 and I already feel so behind. 

Re: Affordable Barn Venues and Flowers!

• Options
    Just a thought, have you looked into the Field Trial Barn associated with the Dairy Barn at Leroy Springs? It's not much but I have seen people do wedding there and make them beautiful. Not sure how BIG or fancy you are looking for since this one is nothing SPECTACULAR but with enough efford you could make it work. I have a feeling they might be more on the cheaper side. Also, if you didn't mind looking towards Asheville, my friend just got married and the wedding was gorgeous.(seen here) http://www.perryvaileblog.com/britney-logan-wedding-at-yesterday-spaces-asheville-wedding-photographer/

Hope this helps a little!

• Options
    I'm actually getting married at The Dairy Barn as mentioned by pp, the field trial barn def. has that rustic feel to it if that is what you are looking for, BUT to be seated comfortably I would say keep it under 100 guests... Thats why we picked the Dairy Barn... it's on the same property, but bigger in size. Weddings are costly no matter how you slice it... the food and booze is where all the money really goes...Look into it there, everyone has been great to work with, and I'm very excited to be getting married there... you can def. negotiate with the rental of the space cost.. not so much with food and rentals though... 

This venue is in Fort Mill SC
    196 Invited image
    104 Ready to Rock! image
    92 Party Poopers image
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I just saw a wedding through one of my photographer friends at a place called Lindsey Plantation. The barn is in an open field and completely rustic/gorgeous!!! I'm not sure on the price but just something else for you to look into....

• Options
    We are getting married at the Alexander Homestead in Charlotte. I fell in love with the dairy barn and it was much more affordable than other places we looked at in the Charlotte area.
  • Options
    I LOVED my florist!  I used Party Blooms - Lorie totally got my vision and she made it happen for about $1000 less than I was quoted elsewhere.  She's based out of the University area in Charlotte.

Here's some of what she did for my March wedding..

Big arrangement for place card table

Tall centerpieces

Low centerpieces

My bouquet and simple tulip bouquets for BMs

• Options
    Snipes Farm in Chapel Hill is neat.
    Mews Designs Florist is amazing!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards