Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

Scouting trip done - a little long

We're back from a trip to Vegas and I have to say we got quite a bit done.

We met with our wedding coordinator and toured the wedding salon.  I decided on flowers and am waiting for the flower quote.  We met with Rev. Henney and I think he's going to be great.

We saw the space at Maggiano's.  Initially, I was a little concerned with the space since we only got the Calabria room and are planning on 50 guests but we aren't planning on having a dance floor and without it there is room for a 7th table if necessary.  Now that I've seen it the space is perfect!

We also picked up a few tasting cakes from cake designs LV and finalized our cake flavors and designed our wedding cake.  I'm really excited to see the final product.  We are going to have a small 3 tier cake that will be designed to look like our save the date.  Our favorite flavor was german chocolate with bailey's filling.  It will be the flavor in our top two tiers and we will have lemon raspberry in the bottom layer.

The last wedding related piece we did was get enagement pictures.  We had a session with Deacon Tyler and it was great!  We nearly froze our butts off since it was so cold tuesday night but I think they will turn out great.  We met at the boneyard and then went down to fremont street.  I can't wait to see pictures.

On our way home last night, we were bumped from our flight and took advantage of flight credit to buy tickets for our wedding, so I've got another item to check off my to do list and a lot more confidence in my decissions.  It is finally starting to feel real!

I had a holy crap moment in Vegas.  It's time to get in gear and really get moving on this whole wedding deal.  We're under 5 months.

Re: Scouting trip done - a little long

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Congrats on getting so much done in one trip! 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    YAY! Do you have any pictures lol..
  • Options
    aphillips3aphillips3 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wow great job! I wish we would have gotten this much done on our scouting trip!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yay! Can't wait to see your E-Pic's =)
    2011-2012 Races
    10/29/11 LA RockNRoll Min Half (5K) 42:58
    12/4/11 Vegas RockNRoll Half 3:14:53
    1/7/12 WDW Half 3:13:42
    1/15/12 RnR AZ 2:55:27 (PR!!)
    1/29/12 Tinkerbell 1/2 3:22:37 (To many picture stops!lol)
    Me:32 DH:33
    IFV w/ DE Only Option (On Hold For Now)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks.  Deacon said he was all caught up on processing so hopefully he will be able to turn them around pretty soon.

I forgot to mention I also had a make-up trial with Veronica.  She was amazing!  I forgot to do a before and after picture but she did my make-up for the engagement pictures so when I get pictures I will post some.

It helped that we had about 5 days down in Vegas.  I just made sure we did at least one thing each day.  At the beginning of the trip though I was a complete stress case.  We had both sets of parents down there and a pretty big to do list to accomplish adn they kept asking me what we were going to do next.  By the end of the trip we finally got to enjoy a little down time and finally relaxed a bit.  I think I might have gotten a sneak peak of what the days leading up to the wedding might be like.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Congrats on getting lots done :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Congrats!! You got a LOT accomplished!  That sould feel good :)  I love checking things off of my list.

It sounds like you are getting married at the Wynn.  I am too!  Just wanted to give a fellow Wynn bride a warning...

Be prepared for sticker shock on the flowers.  I about choked when I saw my quotes for flowers, and that's what I do for a living here at home...I'm a wedding floral designer.  Their prices are 2 to 3 times what I charge here!!!  Then again, maybe that's why... I know I can do that stuff myself for like $30 instead of $300+ for a vase with water, petals, and candles... It's a VERY, VERY hard pill for me to swallow.

Happy planning!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Karlieb...I'm totally prepared to get an insane quote.  I declined any sort of alter flowers or aisle flowers because I knew it would be nuts.  I added 3 bm bouquets, 4 bouts (2 gm and 2 dads), and 2 corsages for the moms. 

The flowers I asked for were mango calla lillies (my bouquet only), red peonies, yellow/orange roses, pink gerberas, and some freesia.  I think most of those should be in season and I figured the calla would be the most expensive so I limited it to my bouquet only.

My dad really wants me to do flowers for the reception so I'm going up to his florist this weekend to design a centerpiece for the tables and then we'll get quotes from a few places down there.  I could care less about centerpieces but he really wants me to get them and go see his florist.  Luckily I can bring in outside vendors for Maggiano's.
  • Options
    bethm098bethm098 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I can't wait to see some pics as well, i have deacon tyler for my wedding next year and he is so amazing.  I'm glad you got alot done, and congrats.

• Options
    atlcatloveratlcatlover member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was married at the Wynn too and while the flowers were crazy expensive they were simply stunning.  I literally cried when they brought my bouquet to my room - it was more gorgeous than I ever could have imagined and totally worth every penny I paid IMO.

My Dad insisted on flowers for the courtyard so I gave my WC a budget and got a LOT for that amount.  She helped me determine the best way to spend the money and I was thrilled with how things turned out in the end.
  • Options
    Savannah6783Savannah6783 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats! Its sounds like it was a very successful trip! :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Sounds like you accomplished a lot !!!  Can't wait to see your E-pics.
  • Options
    sklathrosklathro member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sounds great! Watching your updates closely to get suggestions/recommendations!  Thanks!
  • Options
    guamibearguamibear member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yay! Sounds like you did so much.  Your post made me excited, my fiance and I are going to Vegas this weekend to check out some venues and get this wedding planning underway!  Good luck to you!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards