North Carolina
Options

Need all the help in the world!!

My fiancee and I live in Charlotte and are on a very very tight budget.  I really don't want to have to spend no more than $3000 but if we go over a little and I mean a little then that's okay. We both have very big familys but we've decided to do 50/50 so a wedding of no more than 100 people.  We really would like to get married in March.  We're not quite sure how we're going to pay for it all other than taxes and saving up.  We thought about taking out a loan and I know people are going to say why would you want to be in debt after you're married when you could get a loan for a house but we already have a house.  It's my old house that my mom is letting us rent out until the mortgage goes down to what we're actually paying in rent so it'll be about 3 years for that and then the house is ours.  We have 2 kids by the time we want to get married our oldest will be 2 and our youngest will be 10 months. My fiancee really wants our 2 year old to be flower girl.  We have no idea where to have the reception, where to have the ceremony, get the cake, flowers, loan/no loan, etc.  I'm not really the girly girl type but I will be for the right occasion lol.  So any brides out there please give me some advice.

Re: Need all the help in the world!!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    to keep with in a $3000 budget I would think that you will be doing a lot of DIY, maybe do a back yard wedding at a relatives house, or maybe a park, then you could do a cook out/ bbq type reception, you could serve cup cakes (would be easier for diy) as far as your dress goes you could check second hand shops, ebay, craigslist..even David's bridal has a a selection of inexpensive or clearance gowns..flowers could also be a diy project maybe buy in bulk from costco...good luck & happy planning!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm not sure if you want to get married in a church, but using their fellowship hall for a reception could be a less expensive option. I agree with PP about all the options to find an inexpensive dress. You could also go to Sam's Club or something like that to get party platters for food. You could even get flowers from there or another wholesale site. It would also save money to do cupcakes instead of an actual cake. Good luck!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    This photographer has great packages and will work with you on a great budget for your pics. He may even throw in free Engagement phots.

http://www.newephotography.com

• Options
    MBS0310MBS0310 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Check this out:

http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_budget-weddings_did-under-1000?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:665Discussion:f3ba7654-59ef-4a6e-a737-e55230ab633dPost:c682389f-f11f-405a-ad9b-a54a518792b7
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards