Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

Cab fares vs One way limo

I am fine tuning some last minute details for next week and thought I would book presidential a couple times to get us out for our group nights.

Wed night there are 7 couples heading from MB to Freemont. Thought it woud be nice surprise to have a limo drive us down there. Since there are 14 people I would have to book one of the 2 hour minimum limos which stinks. I dont want to spend that much. Do you think I should book two smaller limos or we just deal with all the cabs getting down there?

Bachelorette Night - 8 of us girls will be leaving the group happy hour at Koi to go to the Bellagio. I am wondering the cab vs limo option here as well to get us from point a to point b. Maybe not the end of the world to take two cabs? It would cost about $80 for an 8 person limo with presidential.

TIA!
Molly

Re: Cab fares vs One way limo

• Options
    edited December 2011
    i think it'll be more exepnsive to take the limo, but it is a nice classy touch to your evening events. Sometimes the cab lines just take longer, too, depending on what time you are heading out. it's pretty much a well oiled machine though, getting a cab in vegas, so if you go that route, I'm sure it'll be fine, too.
  • Options
    smokeybaileysmokeybailey member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Assuming the cab fare is $25 per group of 4/5, the cabs will be $75-100 plus tip take or leave a few bucks.  How much is the limo?  You can figure out if you are good with that amount as compared to the limo.  There is no benefit to taking a limo in lieu of the cab unless you are getting a discounted ride back.

Bi-oh-rama
    Now with more wedded bliss.

I don't get married often, but when I do, I do it in Las Vegas.

"Lvharpy could be your AE." - direy25
    "smokeybailey is the one shining beacon of light in this steaming turd of a thread." - daffodil_jill
    "The almighty smokeybailey has spoken." - some bitch on the Las Vegas board

• Options
    MeatAuditorMeatAuditor member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The Taxicab Authority publicly posts rates.  See http://taxi.state.nv.us/FaresFees.htm.  That should help estimate. (Wait times will make it harder to estimate though.  You can't just base it off mileage from google maps or something.)

Heads-up: travelling northbound on the Strip takes a long time, especially on a weekend evening.  So make sure they take you around the side streets, unless you want and are willing to pay for the scenic route. 
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    The limos would add a nice touch and would also be by reservation so there would be no need to wait in a possible cab line. Plus, Presidential is a very, very nice company. If it saves you a substantial amount of money, booking two limos is still a good idea. Or if you wanted to keep everyone together in a larger vehicle, since you have to pay for a 2 hour minimum, then use it for the full two hours! Take a "strip tour" and make quick stops to see the Bellagio Fountains and/or the Siren show at TI. Remember that for those 2 hours, they are at YOUR service. Plus at Pres, their main staple is their tours... their key strip tour runs 3.5-4 hours, but I don't see any reason why their chauffeurs couldn't work with you to create a condensed version.

In the long run I don't honestly think you would save that much money using cabs, especially with the larger group. You'll need multiple cabs, bringing the total up, AND M-bay and Fremont are not close to each other, so the cabbies will also probably be looking to rip you off.

For the batchlorette party, if the limo is $80 for 8 people, that's only $10 a head. Would the girls be willing to chip in to cover the whole cost? Every girl loves a limo! and besides, it's your night to celebrate and party!

If you have any further questions, I've worked in the transportation industry here for 4 years. =)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the feedback girls! I am going to book the limo for sure for the bachelorette. I hate the idea of taking 4 different cabs to Freemont our first night out. We have to be at Binion's at 6:30 so a strip tour isn't going to fit.  I am going to see what I can pull off. Almost out of time!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards