North Carolina
Options

Registry Question - Gardening stuff

One of my friends is throwing me a shower in September and wants to have a Garden theme since we have just started gardening.  We have a lot of cheap garden tools and could always use more (tools, planters, etc.) and I love this idea.  She suggested registering for some more garden stuff so people have some optionsif they don't want to bring stuff on their own (seeds, planters...)  I have a few things on our BBB & Target registries that are wedding related, but I can' think of a store that has more gardening stuff to register at. 

I initially thought Home Depot or Lowes but after looking online for a bit it seems they have stopped doing wedding registries (let me know if you know otherwise!)  Does anyone have any suggestions for places that carry garden tools that you can register at? 

Re: Registry Question - Gardening stuff

• Options
    NcsuPsychNcsuPsych member
    Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Not sure if you're opposed to walmart, but they do, with that said, I like target more and think they probably have pretty similar items. Could you do some sort of 'wish list' ? I mean. .  I know its more like ASKING, but it's no different than registering if you just give it to your MOH and let her spread the word that you'd like such-n-such.

theres also a HUGE gardening store near Concord Mills, but I have no idea what it's called. . . . maybe asking a local nursery to see if they know anyone that does  registerys pretaining to gardens??

P.s. I loveee this idea!! My MOH did a christmas themed one for me :o) We didnt have ornaments and our tree looked PA-THE-TIC and she knows how much I enjoy decorating our tree s she did an ornament theme :o)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    meredithl618meredithl618 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm surprised there's not much at Target.

What about Sears? 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    If you haven't registered for these sorts of things yet I recommend:

- a composter
    http://tinyurl.com/2dhkgzu because I hate wasps and these actually work well lol
    http://tinyurl.com/2dtk7kp if you ever grow things like peas or morning glories
    - markers like these http://tinyurl.com/25uah3h

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I registered at BBB and Target too, and I have fardening stuff on both my registries. :o) HTH.
    Photobucket
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Beth0882Beth0882 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Maybe I didn't look hard enough at Target.  Do you think theywill still have garden stuff in stock in September?  I know its in their seasonal area right now...
  • Options
    NcsuPsychNcsuPsych member
    Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    What about Ace Hardware? Ours here, and the one where my parents live is FULL of gardening stuff year round :o). . .Target will probably still have some items in store, but I'd bet that most would be online only at that point. . .butttt Target likes to prove me wrong a lot :o)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    alliegator8alliegator8 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Targets stuff is pretty seasonal and they are starting to phase in fall stuff.  SO I don't know how much would  be available at Target in Sept.

It is a fantastic idea though!  BB&B might work well.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards