Engaged: June 16, 2011 @ Bellagio fountains
Ceremony: Planet Hollywood
Reception: Margaritaville
May 26, 2013

Re: Caesars is going to start charging resort fees!!!??!? :(

• Options
    Ahhhhhh! Say it isn't so?!
  • Options
    Wonder if already booked rooms have to pay resort fees? We are getting married March 30th....better not!
  • Options
    Have to admit that would be incredibly disappointing, particularly considering the fact that TotalRewards for the past three years has been all over bragging about their lack of resort fees.

When I stay on the strip, I had basically moved to Total Rewards 100% due to their comps and lack of resort fees, but if they start dinging me on that BS, it will simply encourage me to venture up to the strip less frequently now that I've learned how well Golden Nugget treats gamblers.

Married in Vegas - June 2011

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_caesars-is-going-to-start-charging-resort-fees?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:91Discussion:89b53b06-888d-4808-b0ee-02936b4df6daPost:50054d5c-84c8-45a2-9353-37bb0811c5c2">Re: Caesars is going to start charging resort fees!!!??!? :(</a>:
    [QUOTE]This is a bummer. I wonder if this will only apply to reservations made after March 1st?
    Posted by missax[/QUOTE]

<div>Caesars stated it would apply to bookings made after March 1st.</div><div>
    </div><div>They put out an official statement and list of fees today. </div>
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    ROFL, they claim guests ASKED for the fees.

http://www.lasvegassun.com/news/2013/feb/21/caesars-hotels-will-start-charging-resort-fees/

I'm very excited about the free internet and free local calls though.  Once of these days someone should invent a phone you can take with you to make calls on while you travel, but until then, I'm all about using their phone.

• Options
    And I love how they say they are going to start charging resorts fees because guests want a package price not seperate fees. Ummmm...what?? Just build everything into the cost of the room then. I was pretty dedicated to Caesar's properties, but now I guess my options have opened up!

"This is in response to the increasing demand from our guests to provide a package price instead of the inconvenience of separate fees,"
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Engaged: June 16, 2011 @ Bellagio fountains
    Ceremony: Planet Hollywood
    Reception: Margaritaville
    May 26, 2013
  • Options
    I emailed them; it was pretty funny.  I told them look at my account, you'll see that every time I choose to stay on the strip, you comp all of my expenses, and because of this chocie I'll be far less likely to stay there on principle.  Their response was we implemented this because guests requested it; insane.  No, what guests reuqested was to not be nickle and dimed, they didn't request to to be quoted one price and then charged a different price at check-in because that means they get stuff they had assumed was included.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards