North Carolina
Options

Hello!

Hows everyone doing? It's too quiet here.

Where are you at in your planning stage? Anything you're REALLY excited about (aside from the whole awesome 'getting married' part Cool)

How about in general? How are you doing? Anything new?

Married ladies, how is married life?
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Hello!

• Options
    uneek1323uneek1323 member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Hello!
    Married life is going well here. After almost 2 months things are back to normal and I'm so glad the wedding is over. I love having weekends back!
    How are you? Taking any classes this summer?
    **TTCAL** A little Irish cuteness- Cillian Murphy
    TTC #1 since December 2011
    Dx: Hypothyroidism, PCOS, one test away from confirming DOR
    BFP #1 1/16/12 EDD 9/16/12 m/c 1/26/12 }Sweet Pea{
    BFP #2 10/18/12 EDD 6/29/13 cp 10/24/12 }Bug{
    BFP #3 11/22/12 EDD 8/1/13 m/c 12/7/12 }Turkey{
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Mah Chart * Mah Literary Blog * Mah Other Blog
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic image
    ~*~Everyone is welcome~*~
  • Options
    NcsuPsychNcsuPsych member
    Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Lol lucky! After our wedding I felt like we still didn't have weekends. Even now, we'll have a 'free weekend' and then all of a sudden it'll be slammed with things we need to do.

I took 3 classes during the first summer session and I begin my last semester August 17th :). Then I'll start the freakout point of 'WTH do I do now!?'
  • Options
    carolinagal78carolinagal78 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hello!

I got my invitations in the mail on Sat. I'm pretty excited. Now I can start mailbox stalking. lol! I also had my first shower on Sat. It went well. I have bridal protraits coming up on August 9th. Only 47 more days now! Things are getting ready to get crazy busy for me.
    image 114 Made the cut!
    image 84 Are ready to celebrate! image 20 Are missing out! image 10 Don't understand RSVP?!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    When I was graduating from college I always hated it when people said "Welcome to the real world." I lived on my own, worked 2 part time jobs and went to school full time. I was already in the freaking real world. Life got better after graduating. Not harder. Good luck with your LAST SEMESTER!!!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_north-carolina_hello-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:115Discussion:c038ed37-60e8-4827-9535-0fc4928a794dPost:b1d30486-bcd8-4e6b-a729-fa3ab62b80b6">Re: Hello!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hello! I got my invitations in the mail on Sat. I'm pretty excited. Now I can start mailbox stalking. lol! I also had my first shower on Sat. It went well. I have bridal protraits coming up on August 9th. Only 47 more days now! Things are getting ready to get crazy busy for me.
    Posted by carolinagal78[/QUOTE]
    Oooooo! Lots of fun stuff!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_north-carolina_hello-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:115Discussion:c038ed37-60e8-4827-9535-0fc4928a794dPost:30ef0000-cd70-4d8c-8025-d0fee3f946b5">Re: Hello!</a>:
    [QUOTE]When I was graduating from college I always hated it when people said "Welcome to the real world." I lived on my own, worked 2 part time jobs and went to school full time. I was already in the freaking real world. <strong>Life got better after graduating. Not harder. </strong>Good luck with your LAST SEMESTER!!!!
    Posted by uneek1323[/QUOTE]

That's what I keep telling myself. I've already been on my own too and have been in the 'real world' for a while. It's just with the job market like it is, it's kind of like 'AHH'. However, we've got a plan, so hopefully everything will work out.

I'm also now debating grad school, so that could be interesting. I wouldn't go for another three years, but it's kind of exciting to think about :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_north-carolina_hello-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:115Discussion:c038ed37-60e8-4827-9535-0fc4928a794dPost:b1d30486-bcd8-4e6b-a729-fa3ab62b80b6">Re: Hello!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hello! I got my invitations in the mail on Sat. I'm pretty excited. Now I can start mailbox stalking. lol! I also had my first shower on Sat. It went well. I have bridal protraits coming up on August 9th. Only 47 more days now! Things are getting ready to get crazy busy for me.
    Posted by carolinagal78[/QUOTE]

Yay! I LOVED mailbox stalking, because I like 'real mail' (as opposed to bills os circulars).

How much do you have left, planning wise?
  • Options
    pirategal03pirategal03 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hiya.

We're well. Doing the new house thing. Our internet won't be on in the new place until Friday, boo.  I have a feeling TWC will find some way to make us wait until next week before it's really operating.  H is starting grad school next month, it's very exciting. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Mary, I hope they dont do that to you. Our neighbors went through that. We opened up our network connection so that they could use the internet until TWC got theirs turned on.

Is your hubbster's excited about grad school? I think I may make an appointment with my advisor once classes are back in and try to figure out what the best route would be.

Ps you tots need a new ticker now. ;)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    He's nervous/excited.  I think he'll do great, he's not convinced yet.  All of his classes will be online, the working internet connection is very important.

Thanks for the ticker reminder :)  I have sigs off and I totally forgot that I even had a ticker there!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh man! In that case, I REALLY hope they get your connection up and running soon.
    Our internet went out once while I was taking an exam. Thankfully Chris was home and was able to quickly fix it.

I bet he'll do great too. It's probably the 'first day' jitters :)
  • Options
    carolinagal78carolinagal78 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have a wedding planner handling the major stuff for me since we are getting married on a beach approx 2hrs away from where we live. I still have to pick up alcohol, plates/napkins, cake topper, download music for ceremony, finish favors, programs, thank-you cards, and finish cardbox. I guess thats it. I'm probably forgetting some stuff though ;)
    image 114 Made the cut!
    image 84 Are ready to celebrate! image 20 Are missing out! image 10 Don't understand RSVP?!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hello!
    Things are going pretty well...
    We've made a lot of progress, except now I'm starting to feel like everything is starting to be too over the top. And now one of our wedding colors is pink (blush)...I like blue. haha. We met with CE and picked our rentals but now I want to go back and sort of start over. Our flowers that we have planned are beautiful but a little over the top/expensive. So things are crazy with planning haha.

Other than that, FI takes the bar tomorrow and Wednesday. I'm so ready for him to be done and stress free! I'm leaving work early on Thursday and I'm meeting him at the pool and we're planning on having a pool day on Friday as well. Saturday we're going to go kayaking on the James River and I'm realy looking forward to it and then on Sunday we're going to Laurinburg for a cookout with FI's family. We're just a tad busy.

P.S. Beka, did you see that on Groupon, they're having a special for the brewery in Fuquay?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Kelsey, Yeah I saw it. Aviator actually runs it every once in a while. This is the first time they've offered the group discount.

If you haven't been, I'd recommend going. I personally think their brews are really good! They've also got the smokehouse on the Varina side of town, which is decent (I've had better, but it's a fun atmosphere and the price isn't too bad).

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Good luck to your FI this week, Kelsey!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks Mary! He needs all the good thoughts, vibes and prayers he can get! He's studied so hard though, so I think he'll do great!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I kind of know the feeling, having taken the CPA exam a few times.  He'll do great!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yay board activity! haha

We booked the officiant and the DJ this month. So that's good. I also bought some more vases, so I just need to get 5 more. 

The big stuff we have let is cake, caterer, invites and flowers. I think I'm most excited for food tastings. We have 3 or 4 caterers we're going to taste so that'll be fun.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Things are going really well!! I just finished my 2nd year of physical therapy school and we have a month off before starting our last year! I'm down at the beach with FI for a couple of weeks (he lives/works here), so it's wonderful! This month off also means more planning time :) I don't feel that I'm rushed/overwhelmed b/c I've gotten so much done already, which is great!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Things are getting super busy on my end! I mailed out invites last Saturday and we've gotten 31 back so far! I love mailbox stalking! I've finallyfinalized all our linens and im in love! I love how the navy and blush pink are coming together so well. Kelsey-we have similar colors!! FI is about to head back in to his second tax busy season so I won't see him much until the wedding, but that's whats I have a planner for!

Photobucket

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards