Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

David's Bridal?

I love a couple of the dresses on David's Bridal website and they have some really great prices. Has anyone ordered or bought their dress from there? Are they good quality? I'm in Canada and wondering what kind of duty we would pay on a dress from the US?  Anyone know?

Re: David's Bridal?

• Options
    MNVegasMNVegas member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I bought both my dresses from David's Bridal, but only my ceremony dress was ordered online. It was only $99 so I figured what the heck? I was quite surprised when I got it that it was so beautiful. Best $99 I ever spent. I LOVE it!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I got my dress from Davids Bridal and love it. It was very affordable and it look great on. As far as shipping I would check the site or call the customer service number.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I got my dress from David's Bridal. I love it! I saw it online first then went to the store and tried it on. I think I paid $750 for the dress and the undergarments.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I got mine at Davids too.  I love my dress and it was really affordable.  I paid $500 for my dress and all the undergarments.  Trying on the dresses was also a really great experience. I highly recommend them. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011

I ordered my dress online from davidsbridal.com.  My dress was only $150 and I LOVE it!!  I had wanted a specific style, with pockets, that I had seen at Priscilla of Boston but could not afford.  I bought the dress from David's for $150 and had alterations that cost about $100 to change the top of the dress and it looks VERY similar :)  I am not sure how much the shipping is, I know it was about $15 to ship within the US.  Good luck!!

• Options
    aerinpegadrakaerinpegadrak member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I got my dress through David's, the quality is pretty good and it was just under $500.  I'm not sure what the duty would be to Canada, though.
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I also got my dress from David's - LOVE them!!!  I brought it back across in my car & wasn't charged any duty - it might be because I work for the border crossing too ;)

I don't know of anyone ever being charged for duty on a dress but it all depends on the officer you get.  I would never make anyone pay!  As for shipping the dress across, I'm sure you may pay some duty but all depends on cost of the dress.  If you can, I would recommend you hop the border & pick it up (gives you a chance to try on some dresses too!

Good luck!
  • Options
    raelamnraelamn member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I also have a David's bridal dress. Such a good price and a gorgeous dress, paid $500 and its gorgeous. I'm a UK bride, so got my dress when on holiday in NY... highly recommend but cant help on the duty sorry
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards