Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

*mizutamababy*

I didn't want to highjack that other thread ...  We are also getting married at graceland.  I just love the look of the little chapel!  The pictures were just so-so?  I know they look pretty pricey but I want at least a couple good pics from the ceremony.  Also really how long was it? 

Thanks!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Follow Me on Pinterest

Re: *mizutamababy*

• Options
    mizutamababymizutamababy member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited January 2012
    Our ceremony lasted less than 15 minutes.  We did the Elvis "Concert with the King" package with a unity candle ceremony added on.  :)  I imagine without the unity candles and depending on the package it could be over within 5-10 minutes.

I loved the look of the chapel when I first started looking for ceremony venues, and the staff was really responsive and great even after we changed our mind on songs/flowers a couple of times.  Lauren was a doll to work with the whole time- wish we could have met her on the day of!  If you look up the chapel name on Youtube, there are a lot of couples who have posted their DVDs online so you can get a good idea of how it'll go.

The photographer we had was not very good, however...  This wouldn't have been a problem if there was the option to buy the disc of photos (so I could fix/edit them myself), but all they sell are expensive prints, it seems.  After some more time has passed from our date, I'm going to see if they might be willing to provide a print CD since I doubt we'll be buying any more photos than what came with our package otherwise.

But anyways, for the photos- they make the chapel look somewhat cheap even though it looks nice in person.  And in general the centering/angles/poses he took them in weren't very flattering.  I'm not sure if the same photographer does all the weddings or if they just have a number of photogs they commission for the ceremonies like with the Elvis impersonators.

Another thing was that their waiting area is super small!  We barely fit with the other couples waiting to go in before and after us.  All our guests had to wait outside in the heat, which wasn't very pleasant for September and would probably be horrible in the summer!  I wish we had known beforehand since they were running about 20 mins late and we could have brought drinks or something for our guests.

You're 2 months out- how exciting!  I'm sure the weather will be lovely and I hope you enjoy it as much as we did!  Which package did ya'll choose?
  • Options
    OMG thanks for all the helpful info!  I haven't seen to many brides get married there .... Kind of feeling lonely.  But that is exactly the look/feel we were going for.  I think from the pictures the chapel looks just so dang cute and quant!

So with 20 people in the chapel, did they fit comfortably?  The lady (mary I think) i've been emailing with said that it can fit up to 30.  We've invited 26, and so far we think 23 people are going to make it.  And I really don't want our guests to feel like they are sitting on top of each other.   Thanks for the info about the waiting area....I'm sure our guests won't mind sitting outside for a couple minutes, especially since some of them want pictures of the outside :)

About the pictures.  I know you can buy the digital copies for 10$ each.  Have you heard where they will actually let you buy more pictures at a discounted rate if you wait awhile after the wedding??? 

I can't remember what package we choose... I think it was one of the cheaper ones.  But I decided I want to get it video taped, just because I have a lot of extended family that we could not invite and thought it might be nice if they wanted to watch it.  Did you get yours video taped?

I know two months - It is coming so fast.  I don't have too much to do yet though so I'm really looking forward to it and starting to get really excited!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    I agree!  It really is cute...  My mom even complimented us saying it was the nicest one in the area.  Even though you can't have a photographer take pics of you two inside, you can have them take pics on the outside.  So we tried to do that to cut some of the waiting time.  I recommend at least getting a pic or two by the gazeebo. ^^

Oh, yeah everybody fit comfortably and a lot of my family isn't skinny either!  I think up to 30 would fit as long as you've got a good mix of thin/average guests in there.

Awesome, nobody told us about that... I would totally be willing to pay $10 for each digital photo.  I had just thought to wait a bit because I've heard some vendors will cut a deal just to make money (like Cashman) but had no idea how it would go. There weren't that many good ones so we probably wouldn't be out more than a hundred or two if we did that digital thing. :D  You've just made my day!  I was really worried we wouldn't have any good pics for the album I'm going to try and have printed.

We did get ours taped as it came with our package.  We also had it online for awhile so our family and friends who couldn't make it could see.  My family is kind of paranoid about the internet so I never posted it for their sake.  ;_;  I heard caution from another bride that make sure nobody sits to the far left or right of the first pews as her mother got cut off the DVD by doing so.

Excited for you and looking forward to see how ya'll's day goes! <3
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards