Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

At Home Receptions

Has anyone had or will have one? My BFF asked me yesterday if I was having one, I told her my mom mentioned it once awhile ago and she graciously said she would co-host. BUT I'm not even sure I want one, all the people I care about will be at the wedding (hopefully).

Re: At Home Receptions

• Options
    my soon to be inlaws did want one so we compromised and had a picnic at a public park 2 weeks ago so that they could host all their friends and family that aren't on the invite list. We didn't want a big formal reception - that's why we're going away for the wedding! And it really was so nice - was a great day, and appeased them and us :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    My parents are throwing one for us in November (we got married Sept 11).

I am still deciding what to do with the dress.  I kinda want to wear it again, but maybe not.  I'm thinking of maybe altering the skirt for it.  I don't know.

We only had 14 people attend our wedding and I live far from the rest of my clan.  
  • Options
    We are getting married next June in Vegas, and then having a reception in August for all the people we couldn't invite along.  My fiance has a HUGE family, so we had to do something.  We actually booked a party center to hold it.  We found one that was super affordable.  I plan on wearing my dress again.  If I am spending that much money on a dress, I might as well wear it twice if I have the chance!  At first I really did not want to have a 2nd reception - the whole point of a Vegas wedding was to have just our close friends and family.  However, I am starting to get kind of excited about it.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    I am not having one, but thats because I am having a larger destination wedding (100 invited)

My Dad mentioned having one and I felt the same way you did.  Everyone I want or need to be at my wedding will be invited.  There is no need for another party in my honor.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I guess if they offer to throw us one, I won't decline but it doesn't make a difference to me. I hate being the center of attention! Lol
  • Options
    we will be having a "reception party" when we get home from vegas , theres only gonna be me and the fella at our wedding thou so kinda had to throw some kind of party lol x if only so i get to eat a huge cake and show off wedding pic , wont be wearing my dress again though
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards