Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

hotel debate

We're getting married at MB, with our reception at Maggiano's.  We've stayed at THEhotel once and loved it, and hoped to stay there again.  However, it's a rather expensive hotel for a lot of people (even MB) and far away for some of my friends' tastes.  (I've also heard horror stories about customer service at MB, even though we had a great experience at THEhotel.) 

We'd like to stay where the majority of our friends are so we can hang out at the pool together...

Do we:

-Stay at THEhotel and hope we can meet up with our friends if they stay elsewhere
-Stay somewhere like MGM or Aria, and risk not liking the hotel as much
-something else??

*Note: I've heard of more than a few people getting Aria for $100-$120 a night via Priceline bidding.

TIA!

Re: hotel debate

• Options
    edited December 2011
    can you do a room block at MB and get a discount? maybe people can stay nearby like Luxer. You should stay where you want.
    Fuuck your feelings
  • Options
    lsvenssonlsvensson member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yeah, I got a very decent rate at MB that included MB rooms for $99.99/night and THEhotel rooms for $129.99/night.  Agree with PP-- might be worth exploring a room block.  You need to block out a minimum of 10 rooms to be eligible for a room block rate.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    If you like the hotel, you will love aria. Luxor is a great option for guests that want to save money as well as Excalibur and tropicana
    *MyBio-> 07.05.2012* UPDATED: 06/08* Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    wildstylewildstyle member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    we LOVE theHotel but there was a convention at MB during our wedding week so we could not stay there.  we ended up staying at MGM b/c that was in a better price range for most of the guests including my partner's family.  i actually liked MGM even though our room was older and quite dated looking - it was clean, comfortable and big (we had a suite) and it cost practically nothing with the great deal we got - posted here on the Vegas board of course :) i can't recall how much it was but it was mega cheap.  I also have to say the service at MGM was quite good and we were pleasantly suprised.

but there are some nice rooms at MGM, mine just was older - but my pickiest, most snobbish friend had a room at MGM in the west wing and he was RAVING about it - he loved the room - i saw it and it was very modern and chic even though it was small.

Plus it was kind of cool to be staying where most of the guests were staying so we could met up easily and hang out with them. To me that was more important but i have been to vegas 10 times, so for me it didn't matter so much.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks so much! 

The room block would be good for my guests - I'll check with the Group Services team to see what rate we can get!  I was considering a room block at Tropicana (in addition to wherever we stay) for people who didn't want to spend as much...  I can't believe how nice they rooms look now!

I've stayed at MGM 6 times and I do like it - received some nice upgrades there.  However, nothing sounds better to me after the wedding than a soak in the tub at THEhotel :D  Maybe we'll just stay where we want, like PP said, so we can be happy for a week (unless the majority of our guests decide to stay somewhere else).
  • Options
    edited December 2011

If you want to stay at THE Hotel, have your wedding coordinator book it for you.  They will get you an amazing rate there. 

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Aria is *very* nice.  i wouldn't be worried about not liking it :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks, ladies!!  I appreciate your help and advice :)

PS - I DEFINITELY plan to stay at Aria someday - it's high on my list :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards