Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

9/1/11 Reviews

Just got back from Vegas this morning....everything went well for our wedding....so here are the reviews:

Mandalay Bay Chapel: A+
no complaints here, the chapel was beautiful, everything was straight forward...my wedding coordinator was Haben and I never had a problem with her, she responded to all my emails and phone calls. my bouquet turned out great!

Cashman Photo thru Mandalay Bay: A
the pictures cashman took were great, it was hard to pick only 12 photos which were included in our package. what I didn't like was the extra photo packages are so expensive!

Bentley & Wilson Photography (Todd): A+
Todd is amazing, he was great to work with and took plenty of pictures. It was a pleasure working with him!

Joe's Steak, Seafood and Crabshack: A+
everything was amazing at Joes! We had the GiGi room for our guests which was beautiful. the food was amazing, everyone of our guests commented on how amazing the food was. the staff at Joe's was excellent, anything you needed, they got for you....it was alot of food that most of our guests couldn't finish their dessert! Beth was my coordinator at Joe's and she was amazing as well, any questions I had she was able to answer them for me right away.

Retro Bakery (cupcakes): A+
We decided to go for mini cupcakes as our wedding cake which worked out well. we had 10 different flavors that our guests could choose from. I did try one cupcake (cherry cheesecake) and it was delicious...our guests were real full after dinner so most of them did not eat the cupcakes, however Joe's was great and provided carryover containers so we made sure everyone of our guests took some back to their hotel rooms.

Roxi Floral: A+
We used Roxi floral for our wedding centerpieces and they looked amazing, just what we ordered and the pricing was good.

AWG Transportation: A
We had ordered a limo for us to take photos and a limo bus for our guests, the limo we had was nice and the driver was very attentive. however, we originally ordered a party limo bus however in the end got  a standard motor bus for our guests, My husband received a phone call the night before our wedding from AWG which stated our party bus we ordered broke down  however my husband did not get the message until after the wedding. Our guests did not complain and it was clean inside but we wanted our guests to have a limo atmosphere inside..

Glamsquad: A-B
I had glamsquad do hair and makeup for me and 6 other people. They were great to communicate thru email. They were about 45 minutes late however did receive a phone call stated they would be 15-20 minutes late and James apologized when he arrived which was fine, however I felt like they rushed to finish us. some of the girls that got their hair and makeup done were not satisfied however I really liked my hair and makeup. I told the girls if they were not happy that they should have said something and I'm sure that they would have re-done it.

Luxor Hotel: We stayed at the Luxor Hotel and stayed in one of their luxury suites..the suite was ok, nothing special but the size was perfect. We stayed at the Luxor b/c of the price so you get what you pay for. the staff was nice and the room was clean so I was happy.

AirTran: A++
We flew Airtran from Milwaukee, WI to Las Vegas and they were awesome. We were upgraded to first class at no extra charge where we received free drinks and snacks which was awesome, they also upgraded my husband's brother and girlfriend to first class at no extra charge. I carried my wedding dress on the plane and the pilot offered to hang it in the pit but i was able to lay it flat in the overhead compartment with no issues. We usually fly airtran and I will continue to fly airtran especially after this experience!

I think that is it, If I remember anything else I'll make sure to post it, I have not slept much for the past 4 days!

Thanks to all the other knotties on this board, if it weren't for them, it would have been much harder to plan my wedding:)

Re: 9/1/11 Reviews

• Options
    starree444starree444 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sounds like you had an awesome time! I'm planning to get married at the Mandalay Bay as well. I am worried about the limited amount of photos, but i have a few family members that fancy themselves photographers :P
    We would like to stay at the mandalay bay, but as you stated, other hotels are cheaper!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Congrats and thank you for the reviews! :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Great reviews! Thanks and congrats from a fellow Wisconsin bride!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    yogiebhillyogiebhill member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks a lot for the reviews. I'm a Mandalay Bride to be.So Cashman took your pictures that was in your package and then you hired another photgrapher to take other pictures? Were you allowed to take your pictures on the grounds of Mandalay Bay without any problems?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_9111-reviews?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:91Discussion:92dfe9a5-8943-4bb0-bd8c-da76b34c6952Post:1d33d839-706e-425d-a564-a97827e81996">Re: 9/1/11 Reviews</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thanks a lot for the reviews.<strong> I'm a Mandalay Bride to be.So Cashman took your pictures that was in your package and then you hired another photgrapher to take other pictures? </strong>Were you allowed to take your pictures on the grounds of Mandalay Bay without any problems?
    Posted by yogiebhill[/QUOTE]

This is actually quite common around here. 

I'm a MB bride.  We are going to take advantage of the pictures in our package, but then we have another photographer for 6 hours (before the wedding and at the reception).
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yes we were allowed to take pictures on mandalay bay grounds, your other photographer can't do any photos for the ceremony only. my photographer was even taking pictures in the dressing rooms in the chapel.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Congrats Mrs!! You got married on my birthday :-) sorry, it's totally random I know :P
  • Options
    direy25direy25 member
    edited December 2011
    Congrats, great reviews! Did AWG refund the difference for not having the limo bus available?
    Married 5.6.11

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

• Options
    edited December 2011
    My husband called AWG however we are still waiting for a call back...but my husband is very firm so hopefully we will get a refund
  • Options
    MNVegasMNVegas member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congratulations on your wonderful day!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Awesome! Congrats!
    *MyBio-> 07.05.2012* UPDATED: 06/08* Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    wallacjewallacje member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
  • Options
    yogiebhillyogiebhill member
    edited December 2011

"Yes we were allowed to take pictures on mandalay bay grounds, your other photographer can't do any photos for the ceremony only. my photographer was even taking pictures in the dressing rooms in the chapel."

Thanks for answering my question. I'm so glad everything worked out for you. Many blessing on your marriage.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Sounds fantastic! Congratulations. I'm using Roxi and Retro as well, so it's nice to hear some good reviews!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    we were also married on sept 1st at mb !!
    and we also booked a limo party bus from awg that apparently was in the work shop!!!!!
    we have just arrived home so i'll post my reviews soon.we called awg twice with a promise that a supervisor would call us but we have heard nothing,they said they tried to call us about the bus and email us but i have no email from them.they have charged us for the hire of the bus even though they sent a motor coach,i'm begining to think they dont actually have a limo party bus !!!!!
    i hope you get a better response than me,i'll be emailing them looking for a refund!!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards