North Carolina
Options

**Samwise16**

I saw your post in another thread about having a "dog of honor". We had our dog walk down the aisle as the ring bearer & it's one of my favorite parts of the wedding. My hubby was so scared that she was going to act up & start jumping on people halfway down the aisle, but she was a perfect angel. She even sat all the way through the ceremony without making a peep! Laughing

Basically, I just want to say, go for it! Some people might look at you a little crazy, but it's totally worth it.

Here she is coming down the aisle with one of my brothers.

Re: **Samwise16**

• Options
    Samwise16Samwise16 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That's awesome!! :)  I'm a little worried as well mainly because Gambit is now 75 pounds and growing... However, he'll be a little older by then and hopefully won't be so rambunctious as he is now (he's still in that puppy phase).
    I'm going to try to make him a collar of daisies, hah!  I'm sure people will look at me a little weird but he's very important to both of us and is a big part of our relationship, ya know?
  • Options
    Beth0882Beth0882 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Sorry about butting in -- we really want to use our dog in our ceremony as the ring bearer but my mom and grandmother were horrified to hear it!  I told them I plan on doing it as long as he is a little more trained by then :)

DontWorry -- what did you do with the dog after the ceremony? Did someone take her home? Our ceremony is at the same location as the reception, so we would have to find someone who was willingto take him home for us during the cocktain hour (so someone who wouldn't be in a bunch of pictures). 

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Samwise, I found Cambria a special collar & leash that perfectly matched the bridesmaid dresses & then on the afternoon of the wedding it was nowhere to be found. It got tossed into some random bag in my parents' hotel room & I didn't find it until about a month after the wedding. So she just wore what she had on.

Beth,
    we got married & had the reception at a hotel, so she just went back to my parent's room :) We were going to try & let her hang out with everyone, but all the strange people moving around was just too much for her.

If you didn't have that option, I guess you'd have to sweet talk someone into taking her back home before the reception got started.

• Options
    Samwise16Samwise16 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I had the same thoughts, Beth.  I think I can convince someone though since we're trying to find a place in Raleigh or very close to it (aka we'll be around lots of people who live here).  He's about to start intermediate training classes so he better be trained well enough by then... :P

Thanks for the advice DontWorry!
  • Options
    ecuchikaecuchika member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Butting in...that is so awesome I would love for my dog to be in the wedding but he is a beagle and has a hearing problem (selective hearing! haha) so he isn't the best listener and is loud around lots of people! Petsmart is the worst but I have taken him into other stores with no other animals and he is still loud with his baying (beagle barking)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards