Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

what time is your ceremony? and reception?

we have our contracts and are about to sign them and pay the deposit, but before we lock into times, i wanted to see what you all were doing.

right now, we're planning for a 3pm ceremony, with dinner starting at 6pm.  we figure we will open up the bar at 5pm or 5:30pm, so that guests have something to do shortly after the ceremony while we're taking pictures on a strip tour (although, if we only have a few guests, we'll invite everyone on the strip tour - depends on RSVPs).

do these times seem ok?

what time is your ceremony?  and what time is your dinner/reception afterwards?

Re: what time is your ceremony? and reception?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    That's pretty much exactly what we are doing! Ceremony is at 3:30, reception is at 6:00. We will have our strip tour from 4-6 so we plan on getting there right when it starts.
  • Options
    RachNRichRachNRich member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Our ceremony will be at 5pm at MB---our reception will follow at Maggiano's at 7:30pm---we're banking on about a two hour gap from the end of ceremony until the start of the reception.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am having a 7pm ceremony at Caesars and an 8pm reception at Maggianos.  I only have a small group of guests, so I don't think it will take long for a couple group photos after the ceremony and then on to the restaurant.  If we don't get to Maggianos exactly at 8pm I am not going to worry about it, as the whole group will be together.  We are doing a photo tour before the ceremony.
  • Options
    atlcatloveratlcatlover member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We had a 7pm ceremony with an 8pm reception at Maggiano's.  I had the appetizers set up on a buffet for our guests to enjoy while they waited for us to get there.  I think we arrived around 8:30.
  • Options
    tondraluvtondraluv member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My Ceremony is at 2pm at the Lv Hilton & reception isn"t until 5pm at the Bayside Buffet, Mandalay Bay
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Our ceremony is at 5pm at the Wynn, and the reception is at Maggiano's at 7pm. We will basically have 1.5 hours or so for photos... and I'm still not completely sure if that's enough time. Oh well!
  • Options
    Lulu80301Lulu80301 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Our ceremony is at MB at 5 pm and dinner is immediately following at 6 pm, also in MB. We're doing our strip tour after dinner- from 8-10 pm (maybe 11), complete with a party bus so anyone who wants to come along can. I didn't want to have a time gap in between the ceremony and dinner because I didn't want everyone to have to find a way to entertain themselves and have to wait around for us. Doing the pictures afterwards ensures we can take our time and not inconvenience anyone, plus it's like an after party before our real after party :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Our ceremony is at 2:30, with a cake/champagne reception immediately following
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    ok.  i was worried about our gap a little bit, but that seems to be the norm.  i figure Vegas has enough going on that no one will have to look too hard to find something to do in between.  maybe we'll even pass out some Caesars chips with the fans at the ceremony as a "first hand is on us" gesture for the wait.  and we'll try to keep the gap between 1 - 1.5 hours

thanks for making me feel better.  we signed the contracts and will be emailing them back tomorrow, after my fiance scans them into a PDF (i'm way too dumb with computers to try to figure that out!)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    11:30 ceremony and a lunch reception starting at 1pm.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Our ceremony starts at 530 pm  at PH  and the reception will start at 730pm.. 

It gives us time for our strip tour pics and everyone to get to the reception site. I think  it will be fine with that hour or so gap between.... There's plenty for people to do until then :)
  • Options
    kaburns1214kaburns1214 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    11 a.m. Ceremony
    12 noon Cocktial Hour
    1 p.m. Lunch Reception

Everything is at the Wynn.  We figure the bridal party doens't have to be at the cocktail party so it'll give us a little over and hour for pictures.
  • Options
    GribblesGribbles member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    6pm ceremony at COF, half an hour photography time on the grounds fllowed by a 2-hour strip tour with our guests, ending at the Mandalay Bay or an 8.30pm sit down meal at Rumjungle.
    www.mywedding.com/benandpetra
  • Options
    sagi122sagi122 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    6:30 Ceremony, 7:30 reception.

We are doing our photos before the ceremony.
    BFP: 1/11/11, Large Cystic Hygroma & heart defect, Lost baby on 3/30/11 at 16w 4d.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Our ceremony at the MB chapel is at 4:15, with dinner following at Rumjungle from 5:30-7:30.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    3 pm ceremony VOTF
    4-6 pm Strip Tour (guests invited if they want)
    6 pm In-Suite Reception
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    6:00 PM Ceremony w/ In-Suite Reception immediately following. We will take a few photo's then head up to the Vista Suite.
    2011-2012 Races
    10/29/11 LA RockNRoll Min Half (5K) 42:58
    12/4/11 Vegas RockNRoll Half 3:14:53
    1/7/12 WDW Half 3:13:42
    1/15/12 RnR AZ 2:55:27 (PR!!)
    1/29/12 Tinkerbell 1/2 3:22:37 (To many picture stops!lol)
    Me:32 DH:33
    IFV w/ DE Only Option (On Hold For Now)
  • Options
    futurecoachkfuturecoachk member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Our ceremony is at 4 p.m. at Valley of the Falls.  Our reception is at 7 p.m. at Maggiano's.  I'm a little worried about the gap also. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Our ceremony is at 5:15 pm with reception to follow immediately after ceremony
  • Options
    MNVegasMNVegas member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    11:30 am ceremony
    3:00-6pm strip photo tour
    7pm - dinner

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Ceremony at 7:15pm. Reception immediately following in the Vista suite.
  • Options
    aerinpegadrakaerinpegadrak member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    7:30 Vista Suite ceremony, reception immediately following.  We're doing most of the pictures pre-ceremony, we'll grab the family formals while the guests are getting their  food.
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • Options
    ellenalabamaellenalabama member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    630 wedding and then 2hr strip tour so dinner around 830/900.  We are going to Studio B buffet so hopefully we will have enough time to eat!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Our ceremony will be at 5:00 at Caesars and the reception will begin at 7 at Canaletto.  I hope we have enough time for all the pictures!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ceremony 3:45 at Caesars
    Reception 6-10 at Maggiano's

Anyone getting Maggiano's longer than 4 hours? I want more time but they want to charge me a FORTUNE for 1 more hour since I have all 3 rooms......
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ceremony at 430 at the Venus Gardens at Caesars
    InSuite Reception starting at 6 at the MGM Grand
  • Options
    kimnoblekimnoble member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are having our ceremony 4:00 pm in the Juno Garden Caesars Palace then Party bus to Eiffle Tower Restaurant for dinner at 6:30.  I don't know anything about anything haha.  We just booked what felt right.  We're less than two weeks away now!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards