Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

Mandalay Bay Cashman Photo Brides

Am I correct in thinking that Cashman sends an email out about 6 months after the wedding offering you the cd with all rights to your photos at a discount? I want to eventually put together a wedding album with pictures from all our Vegas wedding events, but don't know how I feel about shelling out $800+ for the photo rights.

Re: Mandalay Bay Cashman Photo Brides

• Options
    aegrishaegrish member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I wouldn't do it...do any free ones come with your package?  Do you have a photographer for outside the ceremony?

We are in the same situation but I am getting married at Caesars.  I know they charge $400 for the CD & rights, but do not offer any discount (as fas as I know) in the future.  I don't plan on getting it since my package includes 20 photo prints, I'll just get those.  We'll have a photographer before and after our ceremony and I'm sure I'll be more than content with those photos, even with a lack/gap of photos from the ceremony.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_mandalay-bay-cashman-photo-brides?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:91Discussion:9de3ea27-c4f5-4e31-8b39-7c3512bda6c1Post:bb0363e6-ebf5-419d-9125-b9e0672a288f">Re: Mandalay Bay Cashman Photo Brides</a>:
    [QUOTE]I know they charge $400 for the CD & rights, but do not offer any discount (as fas as I know) in the future. 
    Posted by aegrish[/QUOTE]

Caesars - Imagine Studios - will offer you a discount about 2 months later. The discount was about half off. (In my case still overpriced for the number of pictures)
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    @aegrish- We hired Mike and Courtney from Mike L. studios for 8 hours, so I know I will have plenty of other photos. I am going to get prints also, but I really want to have these photos for our photo book.
  • Options
    aegrishaegrish member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_mandalay-bay-cashman-photo-brides?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:91Discussion:9de3ea27-c4f5-4e31-8b39-7c3512bda6c1Post:65849780-6790-488d-8d8e-12e49c528591">Re: Mandalay Bay Cashman Photo Brides</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Mandalay Bay Cashman Photo Brides : Caesars - Imagine Studios - will offer you a discount about 2 months later. The discount was about half off. (In my case still overpriced for the number of pictures)
    Posted by ebonyivory10[/QUOTE]

So good to know! thanks!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I have heard that they do BUT here I am at almost a year and they still have not contacted me.
    2011-2012 Races
    10/29/11 LA RockNRoll Min Half (5K) 42:58
    12/4/11 Vegas RockNRoll Half 3:14:53
    1/7/12 WDW Half 3:13:42
    1/15/12 RnR AZ 2:55:27 (PR!!)
    1/29/12 Tinkerbell 1/2 3:22:37 (To many picture stops!lol)
    Me:32 DH:33
    IFV w/ DE Only Option (On Hold For Now)
  • Options
    aegrishaegrish member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_mandalay-bay-cashman-photo-brides?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:91Discussion:9de3ea27-c4f5-4e31-8b39-7c3512bda6c1Post:0b145c54-1a8b-4bc6-ae54-ec906383ded1">Re: Mandalay Bay Cashman Photo Brides</a>:
    [QUOTE]@aegrish- We hired Mike and Courtney from Mike L. studios for 8 hours, so I know I will have plenty of other photos. I am going to get prints also, but I really want to have these photos for our photo book.
    Posted by kcoleybear@aol.com[/QUOTE]

If you get enough prints I would just be content with those rather than paying $800 on TOP of what I'm paying Mike L, but if the cd is that important to you then maybe you bite the bullet.  IMO i would not though.
  • Options
    wenawinterwenawinter member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Our rights would have been about $1100, which was ridiculous for the 130 pics they took.  So I got our free pics (about 30) and then bought about 40 more, because I couldn't NOT have pics from our ceremony.  I was happy with how I did it. And was cheaper than the rights. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards