Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

Band/DJ Suggestions

We still haven't decided on the music yet for our wedding. My fiancee wants a band but I think we are going to have a hard time finding one we like without seeing them. We also can't have a huge band, because our venue isn't that big. Does anyone have a recommendation for a smaller band (5-6 people)? I could also use recommendations for DJs if we can't find a band. Thanks!

Re: Band/DJ Suggestions

• Options
    direy25direy25 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

We LOVED our DJ.  I think I'm the only one on this board who has used him so far (he came highly recommended by our venue) but I can't recommend him enough.
    Pure Energy Productions, www.djinlasvegas.com

Married 5.6.11

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

• Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_banddj-suggestions?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:91Discussion:9f6b1091-5247-49ed-a460-861588b7e49fPost:2183f1a2-2269-49c2-9c36-f5dc972a8421">Re: Band/DJ Suggestions</a>:
    [QUOTE]We LOVED our DJ.  I think I'm the only one on this board who has used him so far (he came highly recommended by our venue) but I can't recommend him enough. Pure Energy Productions, <a rel="nofollow" href="http://www.djinlasvegas.com">www.djinlasvegas.com</a>  
    Posted by direy25[/QUOTE]

Direy, what are his rates (I'm still looking, too)?
  • Options
    direy25direy25 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_banddj-suggestions?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:91Discussion:9f6b1091-5247-49ed-a460-861588b7e49fPost:c0c417ed-707b-46f3-8031-08f6076740c3">Re: Band/DJ Suggestions</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Band/DJ Suggestions : Direy, what are his rates (I'm still looking, too)?
    Posted by CamilleJon[/QUOTE]
    Honestly I don't know - DJ was included in our package price and we had could either choose him or Knight Sounds.  Sorry!  He's really fantastic though!  
    Married 5.6.11

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

• Options
    edited December 2011
    We used DJ Godzilla and he was great! He said we were one of the wildest groups he's ever had and he was dancing with us and taking his own pictures of us, lol!

He is super affordable and he really went with the flow. Even when I handed him someone's Ipod and asked him to play songs that were more British which I knew he wouldn't have he didn't have a problem with it, and when I had him play our final song (a traditional Scottish song) he didn't mind at all.

And then when our crazy group started chanting "one more tune", he played three more. He was fab!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    wallacjewallacje member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    edited December 2011

We used All Night Long for our DJ, Lance was the actual dj.  They were great!!!  Kept us moving all night. 

www.go>allnightlong.com/

• Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_banddj-suggestions?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:91Discussion:9f6b1091-5247-49ed-a460-861588b7e49fPost:0f3f5209-d5d8-4a8b-af3c-aeeb10b30213">Re: Band/DJ Suggestions</a>:
    [QUOTE]We used DJ Godzilla and he was great! He said we were one of the wildest groups he's ever had and he was dancing with us and taking his own pictures of us, lol! He is super affordable and he really went with the flow. Even when I handed him someone's Ipod and asked him to play songs that were more British which I knew he wouldn't have he didn't have a problem with it, and when I had him play our final song (a traditional Scottish song) he didn't mind at all. And then when our crazy group started chanting "one more tune", he played three more. He was fab!
    Posted by Sin715[/QUOTE]

Did you give him a "must play" and a "do not play" list? Is he willing and able to download songs on he spot?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Didn't give him any lists but I know he can download on the spot because my nephew had him download some British rap and he did that.

I previously asked him if it would be a problem to play any music we brought along and he said it wouldn't. He is a really easy going guy and when we thought the music was a bit heavy on rap we told him and he changed it immediately.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    ArcelybArcelyb member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

i will NOT recommend Dream Entertainment.  Whatever you do...do NOT go w/ them.  They are horrible!!  The worst people to deal with.  I was told that we had won a $200 voucher from the GVR Bridal Show, and realized later they called everyone that had filled their little form (because one of the girls I work with, also got the same call!!)  You can see more terrible reviews about them on weddingwire.com and yelp.com.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    <------ DJ Godzilla bride, too

He's been fantastic to work with so far.  Great pricing and super flexible (said he'd take my DNP list).  I can't wait to work with him the day of!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards